Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Here's the thing about wow, every section of the community is a damn minority. Get 100 wow fans in a room you'll get no consensus on how to make the game, it's more likely you'll have the 100 people chosen at random and have 200 contradicting ideas that can't exist in the same game. Than you would any of them agreeing on anything.
    Except mythic raiders actually do only make up a very very small portion of the game's population. So they are absolutely a minority.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    The incapability of some people to realize the simple reality that the offered choice leads to faster gearing is telling of how high the "community opinion" should be valued.

The reduction of RNG rewards is the best thing that happened to the game the past two expansions.
    There is literally nothing suggesting that the RNG will get better. This change actually makes it WORSE. With bonus rolls you had two chances at gear, therefore you had a much bigger chance at getting gear you wanted from a boss. Taking that away makes RNG feel even more terrible when your one chance every week continues to fuck you over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    2 completly different groups of players.

SL is catering only to 1 group now - people who log in for raid and log out after.

amazing gaming experience if you can play 3-6 hours a week and then have literaly nothing to do in game.

- - - Updated - - -

nah - those people will simply stop playing due to game being boring.

i personaly dont care - with this i can nicely focus on farming MoP-Legion raids for transmogs , finally finishing balance of power transmogs and legion class hsll mounts. because endgame is pointless for casual players now . gg blizzard

i will though laugh sooo hard when in 2 months forums are filled with "i have nothing to do in game " threads
    Yup. Shadowlands is looking to be just as terrible as WoD. Possibly even worse.

Will miss those 2 seconds of excitement while the roll is pending, then the rush when it says "loot" for a second and then the disappointment when it's again the item you did not want.

Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    top pvp gear being awarded at 2.4k+ does seem like a joke, considering the barrier of entry there is wayyyyy higher than doing +15's.
    probably like 20% of the player base (being conservative here) can do +15's, but probably less than 1% play arenas at 2400.
    If you begin in pvp, you wont play against 2.4k+ rated players anyway. Unless you count open world pvp...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    What you mean it hasnt worked in the past? Millions of people participate in organized content every week to get better gear.

Seems to be working well to me.
    Unless we are at 10 million players there is certainly not millions of players engaging in it. The most common form of raiding is LFR and most people will never reach +15 in M+, that much is obvious. But it is like saying why should Mythic reward gear? It is clearly doable with Heroic gear so after that is just making it easier.

I don't se anything else than "people will have to clean the raid more times to get the stuff they want".

"Less loot, longer sub"

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Unless we are at 10 million players there is certainly not millions of players engaging in it. The most common form of raiding is LFR and most people will never reach +15 in M+, that much is obvious. But it is like saying why should Mythic reward gear? It is clearly doable with Heroic gear so after that is just making it easier.
    I'd be shocked if "millions" even killed a single current Mythic 0 boss (and as such, did any mythic+ at all ever), killed a single current normal raid boss, did more than one arena, or did any RBGs ever. I bet it's probably half that. (Possibly half OF half of that) Would love to be proven wrong, though. Organized content just doesn't seem all that popular.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    ITT: Anxious doomsayers.

Less complexity/rng is a good thing.

Too few drops: Aaah it takes forever to gear up.
    Too many drops: Aaah there is nothing to do in this game.
    Random extra powers: Ahhh it's impossible to get full bis

Now try to please this crowd.

Thank god the titanforging, corruptions and all that bullshit is gone. Other than that, I think they finally managed to get the system in a good state. We'll see.

People will get either bored or burned out aftet 2 months anyway, REGARDLESS of how loot works.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Which is great, but it’s still a random piece from every raid boss instead of targeted like a bonus roll. It will be interesting if this allows a chance for bosses you haven’t killed yet, such as a BiS piece from the last boss if you have only cleared 1/2 way thru.
    I mean, the fact its a guaranteed piece of loot at the same level you're doing and a choice of multiple pieces is good.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Looks like people allways stoped playing the game after getting their dream trinket or their dream item...
    You guys really like to spit nonsense all the time.
    Not saying people stop playing the game the moment they get that trinket, but the lesser the incentive to log and do stuff, the higher the chances you will eventually unsub. What's the point of all the grind systems if not to artificially prolong interest in the game? Things like TF were no different: they gave people incentive to do content they were pretty much done with, for a chance of a small upgrade. With that incentive gone, what's the point of running a raid that doesn't drop upgrades anymore?

That's gonna be interesting.

So I don't care about PvP or what these people do, but I do care about PvE and raiding. So far every average raiding group is composed of good players, medium players and bad players. Usually the good players in the group make up for the bad players, and on average everyone gets their loot. Now with Mythic+ providing equal gear, there is no longer a reason for the good raiders to drag the bad raiders along, they can just form a 5-man group and raid mythic+ dungeons instead.

My estimation is that over the course of the expansion good raid guilds will become extinct, except for the true hardcore raiders and the lower-end spectrum of raiders. Because everyone in between can complete the mythic dungeons and grab their gear without the headache of movement-Joe forgetting about the fire beneath him again and wiping the entire raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Painmon View Post
    have you even seen mythic end content?
    Now i know why you only have 6 posts in 6 years considering you don't even understand the what was his point.

Quote Originally Posted by twothe View Post
    That's gonna be interesting.

So I don't care about PvP or what these people do, but I do care about PvE and raiding. So far every average raiding group is composed of good players, medium players and bad players. Usually the good players in the group make up for the bad players, and on average everyone gets their loot. Now with Mythic+ providing equal gear, there is no longer a reason for the good raiders to drag the bad raiders along, they can just form a 5-man group and raid mythic+ dungeons instead.

My estimation is that over the course of the expansion good raid guilds will become extinct, except for the true hardcore raiders and the lower-end spectrum of raiders. Because everyone in between can complete the mythic dungeons and grab their gear without the headache of movement-Joe forgetting about the fire beneath him again and wiping the entire raid.
    lol. wtf is this? You just described exactly what happened in bfa.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Too few drops: Aaah it takes forever to gear up.
    Too many drops: Aaah there is nothing to do in this game.
    Random extra powers: Ahhh it's impossible to get full bis

Now try to please this crowd.

Thank god the titanforging, corruptions and all that bullshit is gone. Other than that, I think they finally managed to get the system in a good state. We'll see.

People will get either bored or burned out aftet 2 months anyway, REGARDLESS of how loot works.
    The reason why we have so many RNG on items is because we have so many way on getting item. If the item you need drops from some mythic you can farm it until you get it, you are not limited by the amount of mythics you can do ( provided you can get the key which is "easy" with LFG ) and when you get it you really need to pray to RNG god to get the right stats, TF ans so on. If you remove 90% of useless RNG shit on items or just make it TF or not then you really don't need bonus roll.

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshhh View Post
    It's the contrary actually, High end PVE demands brain, PVP not.
    Says the guy that can't break 1100

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    The reason why we have so many RNG on items is because we have so many way on getting item. If the item you need drops from some mythic you can farm it until you get it, you are not limited by the amount of mythics you can do ( provided you can get the key which is "easy" with LFG ) and when you get it you really need to pray to RNG god to get the right stats, TF ans so on. If you remove 90% of useless RNG shit on items or just make it TF or not then you really don't need bonus roll.
    no the reason why WF/TF and other random things were put on gear was exackly because since TBC till MoP people complained that they have nothing to do in game once they complete their raid lockout.

and we are back to beggining - when only thing that people will do is log in for raid log out after raid. because doing anything other will be pointless past month 1 of expansion .

this reminds me exackly what i was doing back in Cata in DS - log in Alt A - make a hc raid pug (now mythic) clear up to spine in 1,5 hour , leave group because most people couldnt clear spine unless it was multi guild premade , long in alt B , repeat the process , then on alts C- .... N . because there was nothing else i could do in game to get that level of gear. Same was in SoO , with the tiny difference of WF gear. mythic + as gearing method is dead now since its dropping lower itlv then hc raids so there is 0 reason to do them when you can just make a pug and get much more gear out of easy hc raids and then push mythic pugs.

and guess what will happen now ? exackly that . boring repetitive gameplay .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-09-23 at 11:27 AM.

Finally I can play more than one character without feeling that my alts are always gonna be behind or even better geared due to fucking shit RNG. Fixed Ilvl. Linear progress.
    I can play several Characters on the same level where needed. Perfect. This shit has been cancer since MoP.
    And for once I can get a complete Best-In-Slot char.
    The argument that players need better gear and will get bored. You can always get m+ and weekly chest if there is something that you need for the "little extra" to push a raid boss.
    Thank you blizzard for finally listening to good players who make the game more interesting for the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    The reason the number of PVP players at 2.4k is so low is because not everyone likes pillar humping and world of compcraft...
    This. I do get that it is about skill to effectively heal and kite or use of cc but it's so frustrating when everyone and their mother has hard cc, immunity, disables, slows roots and shit that. Ofc. again, it all comes down to skill, but the entry level is stupid for arenas. I started my grind for a mount at 1700-1800 rating bracket and my face got deleted so many times in two cc's at a noob level or I have been chain cc'ed in 2v2 while my team mate got killed.
    Also all that scaling BS in pvp, where someone with a half of HP comes in and deletes you altho his PvE dps is like 30k which would require like 30-40seconds of nonstop casting to kill you because of the versatility/defensiveness.

No other valid reason beside "gear your character slower = pay more subscription"

There is nothing wrong with "finishing" a character. I still remember when i got my last set piece and completed my BiS list for that raid tier in BC. I didn't quit the next day...

Actually BfA and its gear system made me quit raiding completely

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    I think, He refers to „random item tmogs“