Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "We’re almost trying to create a haven for creators who want an environment that is development friendly, values product, and player experience over short-term financial pressures.”
    "We’re not in a hurry to go out and get funding because the most important thing is to make sure we retain control over the company’s decision making,”

Oh yea he definitely did not like his experiences since activision joined and made everything about $.
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2020-09-23 at 06:32 PM.

That is outright false. He is like most developers. They simply want a change after a good number of years and it has no hate involved.
    "We’re almost trying to create a haven for creators who want an environment that is development friendly, values product, and player experience over short-term financial pressures.”

Sorry everyone can have their own opinion, but this to me reads like a THINLY veiled swipe at current day Blizzard. I'm not by any means saying he started his new company because he has a grudge. However, the above line sure does seem like he would not hate it if Blizzard took notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    "Video Game shouldn't be fun" - Bobby Kotick Actiblizzion owner.
    "There are four to five things that I've said that can totally be taken out of context, like 'Taking the fun out of making video games.' I've used that line for a really long time with the investment community to explain that 'Hey, we're mindful of our responsibility to provide a return to our investors.'"

"It was kind of like a joke!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Wow. Good news for once.

I'd wager it'll be an RTS game first, since it's a small team and they mostly seem like strategy veterans.
    I don't know, but if they are going back to Blizzard's roots, we can find out when they release the first trailer of their new game in 2027 with a final release date of TBD

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post

Sorry everyone can have their own opinion, but this to me reads like a THINLY veiled swipe at current day Blizzard. I'm not by any means saying he started his new company because he has a grudge. However, the above line sure does seem like he would not hate it if Blizzard took notice.
    I wouldn't call it a swipe, just a statement of fact. Since Acti-Blizz split from Vivendi it seems there has been a lot more pressure to ensure decent cash-flow as they're not hidden as a small part of a humongous conglomerate. There's also the pressure coming from below, a company as large as Blizzard has a hell of a lot of staff and it can't be nice trying to balance the needs of so many against the demands from above.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    To pretend the layoffs had any thing to do with financial stability is laughable blizzard has been making money hand over first since wow launched they haven’t ever been even close to worrying about financial stability.

But even if we pretended they were down on there luck he could have taken a pay cut like Satoru Iwata Until they were back to where they had to be if he cared so much about his “work place family”.

As to the loot boxes I don’t think he’s any where close to an evil mastermind I think he’s just like most people in the industry who are willing to push things that hurt it as long as they are getting a pay check at the end of the day. Not good not evil just like almost every one else.
    It's unfortunately you feel the need to jump to conclusions with nothing but assumptions and misinformation. But hey, you do you I guess. No skin off my ass.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitypebble View Post
    It's unfortunately you feel the need to jump to conclusions with nothing but assumptions and misinformation. But hey, you do you I guess. No skin off my ass.
    don't need to jump to any conclusions his actions speak for them self's and they paint a pretty clear picture of him being just like any one else no higher no lower.

Saw the concept art. Would love a new escapism journey into fantasy with this guy behind its directing. Or even if its just his namesake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morhaime
    Yes, like some kind of haven you saw in a dream, a DreamHaven perhaps?

Little on the nose there guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    "We’re not in a hurry to go out and get funding because the most important thing is to make sure we retain control over the company’s decision making,”

Oh yea he definitely did not like his experiences since activision joined and made everything about $.
    The amount of subtle vitriol towards Activision in that post is palpable, and very telling. No surprise to anyone that's been paying attention for the past 11 years.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Blizzard 2.0

If they make a kick-ass modern old-school MMO, I would check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    I'm sorry, but if they could sell out their original creation and leave, what makes you think they won't do it again IF and a big IF they become successful?

It's way past the 90s, the visions that set up their current hits are antiquated today, and won't gain that kind of traction unless they upgrade, have they adapted/grown with the times? or is their charm and conviction so powerful it can turn the times to their tune? I will note however that many people crave the 90s/00s type fantasy without all this excessive PC/SJW stuff going on. So who knows.

Still, they would also face intense efforts from industry competitors who would exert their muscle to SHUT them down, Activision, EA and others would see a guy like that doing his own thing as a threat, and Mike's a nice guy, I wonder if will be able to handle them coming for him at such an early stage. This wasn't the case when he started blizzard, they were no bodies and nobody cared, they had hit after hit after hit that built their reputation and muscle, by the time they became major players for people to be wary about and attack, they had the size and muscle to stand on their feet. Not now.

But none of this matters if they can pull off a great game title. So we'll see.
    i would say that since the studio is to be self funded and how harshly mike threw shade at current blizzard, as well as how he has watched his baby be corrupted by people who don't care leads me to think it won't go that way. but time will tell. actions speak louder than words.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mikah View Post
    This is what worries me though. In other words, they are developping games that will sell for $2.49 in the google store...
    mike isn't the mobile gaming person of the 3 original founders. that would be frank pearce. it's very likely they won't make shovelware games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    All good values and principles but, to be fair, same type of people let it get bought by corporation greed in the past.
    you have to keep in mind, they sold blizzard WAY back when. i doubt the founders really even knew what selling their company would entail.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Wasn’t Morhaime one of the guys people shouted for to quit, he’s in it for the money, and he’s ruining the game?
    I don't seem to recall this

A company that will focus on developer egos instead of customer desires. What could go wrong?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    A company that will focus on developer egos instead of customer desires. What could go wrong?
    considering that got us original wow, i would think rather freaking good games.

I think the only way to make a good game is to love it and not have pressure and guide lines from the shareholders.
    But for see the game will have to wait more than 10years .

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish them the best.

But anyone who thinks he is just a figurehead is just silly. Activision-Blizzard is where it is right now, partially because of him. Both good and bad.

I would feel better if they somehow took theirs IPs, ofc it would not happen, the reason that I enjoy Blizzard games is mainly because of their universes. I mean, the warcraft universe is simply amazing. They are starting from zero... which is rough, not matter how you slice it, but maybe this paves the way for interesting and cool universes.

And, well, who knows, maybe they need some new blood in blizzard to kick a few things up a notch over there.

Still, this does not look good for blizzard.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

I loved Blizzard in its earlier days where there was genuine passion for their games, before soulless corporates took over their drive.

I wish him and his teams the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    If they make a kick-ass modern old-school MMO, I would check it out.
    "modern old-school"? Thats what WoW is.