Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Nope. It's been a constant on my life since i was a child.
    Honestly, one of the best things humanity has invented. It allows you to experienve multiple lives and multiple experiences in just one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    yes when I spent my days doing compulsory army service.
    damn was it hard at first. but later I got used to it. no computer no internet.
    How are men ok with that in this day an age? If I was a man and had to do something based on my gender, oh boy, all hell would break loose.

OT though, yea when I get swamped with work I switch to Youtube and watching shows as they're easier to multitask while working.

I've never quit gaming. I have times where I just can't be bothered playing anything but I don't consider that quitting. More just lacking motivation to get stuck into anything new

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

meh, when i was a teen i would go on a couple months stint of not playing just because i got bored with the games i had and nothing new had me wanting to play. that was back when i was mostly a madden player.

i don't think a year of my life has gone by since i was 8 where i haven't played something though
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

I had like 4 years period when I had pretty bad substance abuse problem and didn't have computer or anything so didn't play any games whatsoever.

Nope, never really quit playing video games. Have been playing since I was 8 years old. I am now 33 and still playing . WoW has been part of my life for more than half of it I think (been playing it since WoW beta and never stopped)... along with other games, mostly Blizzard games.

Pretty much never, as i have no reason to, i enjoy my games, but sometimes i dont game for a week/few weeks, and sometimes i`m online for hours every day.
    Although i have had a "break" for the past month, as i moved to another city and are still waiting for people to come install internet, since it was 5-8 weeks wait time

Taking a break for the past while till BG3.

I've gotten back into tabletop D&D and online through roll20.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    No not really.

I sometimes go a month or two without playing anything based on what's going on in life. But I'd never really say I quit.

- - - Updated - - -

I can relate to everything you said. You are not alone in this
    I'm just trying to take it really slowly in the weeks leading up to launch. 30 minutes setting up my UI here, 20 minutes reading up on stuff there. Just trying not to overwhelm myself.

But the passion for the game, and all games really, is just absolutely gone. I feel no motivation, or drive, or joy, from it anymore. I keep telling myself that I need to keep trying anyway, for my own sake. But sometimes i'll force myself to sit down and play something for like 2-3 hours, but after the first like 10 minutes, I was already checked out.

And it's not like I can pick up new hobbies or whatever while i'm feeling like this. If anything works for you, game wise, i'd love to hear about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Taking a break for the past while till BG3.

I've gotten back into tabletop D&D and online through roll20.
    Are you planning on playing the early access version of it? I'm going to wait personally, but i'll admit it's sometimes tempting to jump into that EA when it goes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    SNIP

Are you planning on playing the early access version of it? I'm going to wait personally, but i'll admit it's sometimes tempting to jump into that EA when it goes up.

Not immediately no.

I don't trust any game company enough anymore to pay early for things like pre-order, EA or whatever they want to call it.

No mans lies, anthem, BF2, fallout76. I mean the list goes on at the lies told to sell those games so I just don't do it.

I'll watch BG3 for a while during EA and see what happens along with what I can read and watch. Then make a decision.
    Last edited by quras; 2020-09-26 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Not immediately no.

I don't trust any game company enough anymore to pay early for things like pre-order, EA or whatever they want to call it.

No mans lies, anthem, BF2, fallout76. I mean the list goes on at the lies told to sell those games so I just don't do it.

I'll watch BG3 for a while during EA and see what happens along with what I can read and watch. Then make a decision.
    Fair enough, but I mean, it's Larian. They have a pretty good track record.

within last 2 years i started just working and sleeping and watching youtube videos then playing games. But then occasionally i get that itch to play a lot of games. I am at the point of my life where i need to force myself to play games. Games are really energy consuming now a days but i still do enjoy them. But i enjoy sleeping more lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I've gamed nonstop since I discovered gaming in the 80's, and don't really see the point in taking a break - gaming is fun, safe (beyond the scary addiction issues some people have) and can be good for socializing.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Fair enough, but I mean, it's Larian. They have a pretty good track record.
    They really do which is why I've been doing my best to keep track of the game and willing to give it a shot while it's in EA.

Last game they did had a near year long EA (of course there is no way to tell about BG3) so if news go well during this EA for a month or more, I could see me giving this one a go before launch/EA.

I do like what I've seen so far.

I haven't exactly quit, but I'm definitely not the gamer I once was, where I'd actually finish the games I bought, now I have a bad habit of buying games and I'll play them "tomorrow".

Basically, girlfriend > games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    I take breaks if I'm really busy. WoW is always there for me to kill some time but I can go weeks without playing WoW or other games

No way, I dont ever see myself quiting playing games,even before having a pc i had the old sega console with disks

I have taken breaks when I used to work in the tourism industry,taking people on all kinds of trips and vacations,but i still played when i could

gaming is a vice not a hobby, playing games all the time is not healthy. everyone who plays games (especially mmos) should take long breaks from time to time