Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    The general feedback from the PTR is 1-50 is it's generally fine. Some expansions are quicker than others but they'll never get that tuned exactly right. There were some issues with important NPCs not being present at certain points such as immediately after the panda start experience but those are small issues that are easily fixed. Otherwise it seems to work as expected. I reported a number of bugs 1-10 that were all fixed in a recent build. So I'm not sure it's that.
    Thanks for that knowledge! I have beta and PTR but could barely stand logging in to either for much time to test.

So maybe it is my first assumption, that the scaling for decked out 50s is terrible and they want to limit the amount of time we're playing as underpowered versions of ourselves in the same content.

Or I could just be way off /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by oblakoff View Post
    It is an absolute disgrace pre-patch will be max three weeks.
    You'll live.

Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    Those are 2 completely separate things.

1 is being considerate to a global holiday, as well as their own staffing situation during that window.
    1 is delaying an expansion after spending thousands on advertising and marketing, risking losing pre-orders and not fitting a Q4 quota to be considerate to a select few people that have taken time off work?

I am not sure what made you think that I think blizzard not wanting to upset people who took time off work to be the only reason they're not delaying the expansion. I am not sure why you're listing more reasons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    I am not sure what made you think that I think blizzard not wanting to upset people who took time off work to be the only reason they're not delaying the expansion. I am not sure why you're listing more reasons.
    I'm just responding to the reason you stated for them not wanting to delay it?

There are a multitude of reasons?

Releasing early in a quarter allows them to report better financials for that quarter, a late Q4 release would result in poor Q4 performance.
    A ton of money goes in to marketing, and advertising and now that the date is out there, that money would have been otherwise wasted, or would have had the opposite affect (Causing confusion surrounding the expansion and misinforming players and potential players). Furthermore, more money would then need to be spent on new promotional elements.
    Any developer will tell you that delaying a product will immediately result in a plethora amount of pre-orders cancelled, which in turn results in some of those pre-orders never returning.

Those are 3 simple reasons off the top of my head I can think of to entertain you.

I'm just responding to the reason you stated for them not wanting to delay it?

There are a multitude of reasons?

Releasing early in a quarter allows them to report better financials for that quarter, a late Q4 release would result in poor Q4 performance.
    A ton of money goes in to marketing, and advertising and now that the date is out there, that money would have been otherwise wasted, or would have had the opposite affect (Causing confusion surrounding the expansion and misinforming players and potential players). Furthermore, more money would then need to be spent on new promotional elements.
    Any developer will tell you that delaying a product will immediately result in a plethora amount of pre-orders cancelled, which in turn results in some of those pre-orders never returning.

Those are 3 simple reasons off the top of my head I can think of to entertain you.
    dont forget: because delaying the xpac doesnt mean they are going to change things you dont like about the design.

Quote Originally Posted by idnn View Post
    nice communication by blizzard. as always they are fucking dead silent

garbage company
    lol so go play something else

It being on the 6th (or later, likely the 6th though) means that this will be the shortest prepatch ever doesn't it? They normally last at least a month? Or am I crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    I find it amusing that people actually believe there will be a delay, especially given all the telegraphing Blizzard has done with their previews and warnings to get ready. It's pretty obvious they are full steam ahead.

And if I were a betting man, I'd suggest you'll get the "date" on pre-patch announced by Blizzard before mid-day tomorrow.
    Tomorrow is possible but if they have waited this long to post about it, I think they are going to put it off as long as they possibly can. Thursday is a fair day, gives people 5 full days before the patch is live. I ruled out Friday in my mind because its the end of the week and I presume posts like these have to be proof read and approved by some higher ups, just not something they ideally would want to be doing at the end of the day on Friday. My guess is a solid Wed / Thur, I would almost bet on it.

The longer it takes for prepatch to hit, the more worried i get about this expansion

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by newt0n View Post
    Tomorrow is possible but if they have waited this long to post about it, I think they are going to put it off as long as they possibly can. Thursday is a fair day, gives people 5 full days before the patch is live. I ruled out Friday in my mind because its the end of the week and I presume posts like these have to be proof read and approved by some higher ups, just not something they ideally would want to be doing at the end of the day on Friday. My guess is a solid Wed / Thur, I would almost bet on it.

It's not coming tomorrow man.

The past pre-patch announcements tend to have been on Wednesdays-Fridays, the official date announcement for pre-patch of Battle for Azeroth was something like 3:30pm on Friday LA time (11:30pm UK time for me).

It's not coming tomorrow man.

The past pre-patch announcements tend to have been on Wednesdays-Fridays, the official date announcement for pre-patch of Battle for Azeroth was something like 3:30pm on Friday LA time (11:30pm UK time for me).
    I was replying to someone else who said it would be tomorrow. I think that is unlikely but still possible. I think Thursday is the most likely date.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    It being on the 6th (or later, likely the 6th though) means that this will be the shortest prepatch ever doesn't it? They normally last at least a month? Or am I crazy.
    Nope. If you average all of the pre-patches out it comes to 5.3 weeks.

We don't even have a date yet though so 1 of two things happens: We have the shortest pre-patch ever or they push the release back.

I think the release being pushed back would be a last ditch effort if they absolutely can't balance the covenants and all that goes into them. Frankly, I don't think they WILL be able to do that, but I also don't think they'll push it back. I think we'll get it live in a subpar state just like we did with Azerite and they'll patch it with 9.1 instead of 9.2

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    This is the highest possible outcome.

For the people who planned vacation early, they can play the pre-launch event on Oct 27.
    So they don't feel left out.

They still have one month to send vacation request in.
    This is a 0% possiblity. Not only is a delay not going to happen, even if they did it wouldn't be Dec.1 because it's too close to the holidays. The Dec 1 completely discredits the rumor, if it's delayed it will be early November or not until January.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as i would love to have it and love to be playing it this week. I want it to be ready. I want it to work.

Don't give it to us until its ready to go. Happy to wait until its right!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    This is a 0% possiblity. Not only is a delay not going to happen, even if they did it wouldn't be Dec.1 because it's too close to the holidays. The Dec 1 completely discredits the rumor, if it's delayed it will be early November or not until January.
    Not that I think it will be delayed, but I have said for a while I believe the best time for them to have released the expansion was December 8th with the raid opening 4 weeks later on January 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Actually, I wasn't calling for pre-patch tomorrow, just for them to announce the pre-patch date tomorrow.
    Yes, I know... and I said that its possibly tomorrow but most likely Thursday. The word "it" has become a bit too vague for this thread, lol

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    isnt it announced 2 weeks or 10 days before? Announcing this week for next week seems tight. But anyway, we're all expecting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin20 View Post
    So how many more blogposts about the prepatch do they have to put out before they are considered not dead silent anymore?
    One more with the Oct 6th date?
    "Peace is a lie"

9.0.1, the pre-patch that never could...

Quote Originally Posted by Arthzull View Post
    Yup, that is 100% the case, but you got people on here that are dead set it was always the 6th, and the same people thinking they are delaying the Xpac lol. To be honest I bet you the people who want this delayed are the same people trying to get the AH mount, or finishing up things they should have done months ago. Shadowlands will be out 26th/27th and pre-patch due to an issue will be out on the 6th.
    You are at the same time saying that they clearly delayed the patch and that they wouldn't delay the expansion.