Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...ack-thread-re/

Open Issues:
    [World of Warcraft Shadowlands]: When run at frame rates greater than 60 FPS with high display settings, moving characters display minute twitching/stuttering. [200647563]
    Also make sure you using separate cables for each 8 pin connector and not one cable with the 2 8-pin connectors at the end. Try forcing PCIe gen 3 speed in BIOS under PCH Configuration>PCI Express Configuration>PCIe Speed>Gen3 if set to Auto. Some people on reddit reported that stutter went away or is lessened a lot rolling back to 452.06 drivers.
    Last edited by Antero; 2020-09-26 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antero View Post
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...ack-thread-re/

Also make sure you using separate cables for each 8 pin connector and not one cable with the 2 8-pin connectors at the end. Try forcing PCIe gen 3 speed in BIOS under PCH Configuration>PCI Express Configuration>PCIe Speed>Gen3 if set to Auto. Some people on reddit reported that stutter went away or is lessened a lot rolling back to 452.06 drivers.
    I'm using 2 seperate cables. It's set go Gen3. And i't wont let me roll back the driver to the 452.06 version as i get this error: This NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatible with this version of Windows.

Don't have any pending windows updates.

Try to disable any Gsync \ Freesync \ whatever-sync in the control panel and see if that helps. Gsync is known to cause weird stuttering sometimes. Try playing around with fps limiters as well.

Also, while that 8600k will technically be a bottleneck on 1080p, the high clocks on it should push your frames much higher than your average midrange CPU. I wouldnt worry too much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelz View Post
    Fresh install of windows and problem still persists.
    It means that your issue is 99% hardware related. At this point you basically have no real alternatives to returning the card. Sure, you can play with different software and downgrade your PC, but then why would you buy a 3080 to get performance that is barely above your older card?
    Bear in mind that even if I say that it is most certainly hardware related, it does not necessarily means that the problem is with the card itself. It is possible (though not likely) that the issue is with a motherboard-GPU compatibility and/or specific issues (like blown MB capacitors that can throttle above a certain threshold for example). But personally, at this point I would just return the thing. If you do need a 3080 right now, look at a different manufacturer other than ASUS, just to be safe, in case the problem is related to MB-GPU compatibility. Better yet, wait a bit for new drivers to be sorted out. I would not advise anyone to buy newest tech unless they are prepared to be beta testers for the manufacturing company. Safe threshold for me personally is about half a year. After that, all bumps, scratches and bruises have already been collected by the impatient ones, and we get a relatively polished product.
    PS. Also, as some already suggested, the issue might be your 1080p resolution. Some system configurations can experience wierd system glitches if output of your GPU is higher than the CPU can feed to it. But that issue was mostly with older generations of overclocked CPU's and board dependent. You can try connecting a higher resolution monitor to it (easiest solution, but might not be available to everyone), and see if the problem persists. Also, crank those game settings to maximum to get your card loaded. Other than that, you can try setting up virtual desktops with different resolutions and try running things on them. This is not ideal, but might also show if issues are with this specific problem. 3rd option is forcing higher resolution on your monitor. I would not recommend hardware forcing higher resolution than can be supported on your current monitor if you are not prepared to potentially lose it though. It is a bit like overclocking without a cooler. Issues might range from weird image proportions (harmless and would allow you to run tests) to blown capacitors and IPUs (and that is usually fatal for the monitor)
    Last edited by Gaaz; 2020-09-27 at 01:10 PM.

I love how people are saying it's the capacitors and quoting Jayztwocents. 2 problems with this. Asus on the Tuf and Rog Strix are using 6 of the high-end capacitors (MLCC). Not even Nvidia is doing this, they have 2. In Jay's video, he says he hasn't gotten his Asus 3080 because it is stuck at a port, and he correctly hypothesizes if it is because Asus switched their manufacturing to include more capacitors. The overclock crash seems to be caused by cards that are using 6 of the low-end capacitors (POSCAP). EVGA released a statement saying "...a full 6 POSCAPs solution cannot pass the real-world applications testing". No EVGA card was released to the public using the 6 POSCAP configuration, but some reviewers were sent some earlier models that did have this configuration.

Your problem may be hardware related, but I highly doubt it's the capacitor issue as this is linked to crashing more than just stuttering.

https://pokde.net/system/pc/gpu/gefo...of-components/

I have a few suggestions, all quick to try if you haven't come across them already.

1- Disable your CPU's integrated graphics in the Device Manager if it's on. Personally I 100% had it turn itself on multiple times in the past. Once after a mere windows update, and other times after formats ofc. For me it gave blackscreens, not stutters, having both external and internal GPUs on, but yea we're trying anything here

2- Go to 3D Settings in Nvidia Control Panel and set Power Management Mode to prefer maximum performance. While you're at it, also set your PC's power plan to maximum performance, if it's set to balanced. (Search in windows: Power & Sleep > Additional Power Settings)

3- If your games are all on an SSD different from your system, try moving one game to your system drive and testing it there. Move something like WoW or Overwatch if you play them, since you can just cut/paste them back n forth. I had numerous stutters during heavy fights in Overwatch that ALL disappeared when I moved the game from my games' SSD to my OS SSD.

Good luck!
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Pretty sure the issue is not the GPU, but with wow. What dx version are you running, and what OS? There is an issue with all nvidia cards in wow that causes stuttering, which has now been a massive problem for several months.

Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    People keep spouting this bullshit, it really irks me.

In ideal world, yes, it would be an overkill. An ideal world where all developers are actually good at their job and take time to optimize their games, like witcher 3 and doom eternal. Unfortunately we live in a world where a rerelease of 8 year old game (amalur) struggles to stay above 60 on high end hardware.
    I agree. I have a 1080ti and play WoW at high/ultra settings at 1080p 144hz and while I see 120+fps alone or in small sources, I frequently will see fps drops into the 30-50s when LOTS of adds and nameplates enter the scene. There is nothing wrong with getting the hardware to guarantee that you never drop below 100 in every situation.

For me though, honestly it is an easier upgrade path. You get the 3080 before a 1440/4k monitor because you can use the video card to full effect while waiting for your savings to get back to the point where you can then upgrade the monitor afterwards.