I dunno guys. Trumpism will always confuse me.

I unfriended a childhood friend tonight. We've known each other throughout HS and we've been in relatively close touch over the last few years. About a year and a half ago I saw him posting some alt-right garbage. Don't remember what was all said, but I know I ended the conversation with "I know you're smarter than this, dude."

Well, fast forward a year and a half, while we remained friends on Facebook, all our mutual Gay and Black friends have unfriended him. All our mutual childhood friends have unfriended him. When I noticed this, I decided to say fuck it and unfriended him as well. (I had recalled earlier in the year after our little conversation where I said he was smarter than this, I stopped receiving invites to game night but had noticed that he had posted pictures from a game night).

I just don't know how he could've been indoctrinated by that shit. We had very similar upbringings, single parents households, below-or-at poverty levels. We're both White had a lot of mutual friends.

I went to a two-year college and got a good paying job, he went straight to work in an industrial-type job. That's the only place our lives really went separate. And I know that even if I had gone into an industrial-type job, I wouldn't have been sucked into Trumpism.

I just cannot understand how people can get so easily fooled when it takes like 10 seconds to get the real answers to the bullshit.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10+ Year Old Account
    Rep. Brady (T) of the House Ways and Means Committee calls for an investigation into now the NYTimes got Trump's taxes, so they can prosecute anyone who broke the law.

"Congress can prosecute?"

I mean, it doesn't seem like it.

"Will there be an investigation?"

Fuck, no. This is just an announcement that the Party fo Trump is sticking with their Orange God.

"Is he at all concerned that Trump may have fraudulently gotten a tax refund that's literally 180 years of Presidential Salary, while some people on these very forums say Trump did nothing wrong because he didn't collect said income?"

Apparently not, no. The Party of Trump doesn't care about the bad things Trump did, they care that we found out about the bad things he did.

Also, CNN has an interesting point. Trump didn't do any debate prep today, or at least not much, his schedule was full and he was on camera pretty much all day. Trump also claimed in public what he did all day every day was debate prep.

Looking over a student's test, it takes me 30, maybe 45 seconds to see if a student actually knows what they're doing, or crammed half the material and filled in questions with garbage words, phrases and equations trying to bluff. Biden spent the day studying. Trump had a few staff members lob questions at him they think Biden will ask. But we also know Trump famously doesn't read even national security briefings longer than one page. It's possible Trump is throwing out signals that he won't show, hoping to trick Biden into a false sense of security. This is a lot like the nail trying to bluff the hammer.

Without a crowd that Trump personally invited to Jerry Springer things up, I don't see how this works for Trump in any useful way. Zingers and yo momma jokes don't play well before a quiet studio stage. And even Trump knows debates are not Trump's fatass forte.

What's he thinking? Does he really think he can go twelve rounds with Biden with his shorts around his ankles?

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    I dunno guys. Trumpism will always confuse me.

I unfriended a childhood friend tonight. We've known each other throughout HS and we've been in relatively close touch over the last few years. About a year and a half ago I saw him posting some alt-right garbage. Don't remember what was all said, but I know I ended the conversation with "I know you're smarter than this, dude."

Well, fast forward a year and a half, while we remained friends on Facebook, all our mutual Gay and Black friends have unfriended him. All our mutual childhood friends have unfriended him. When I noticed this, I decided to say fuck it and unfriended him as well. (I had recalled earlier in the year after our little conversation where I said he was smarter than this, I stopped receiving invites to game night but had noticed that he had posted pictures from a game night).

I just don't know how he could've been indoctrinated by that shit. We had very similar upbringings, single parents households, below-or-at poverty levels. We're both White had a lot of mutual friends.

I went to a two-year college and got a good paying job, he went straight to work in an industrial-type job. That's the only place our lives really went separate. And I know that even if I had gone into an industrial-type job, I wouldn't have been sucked into Trumpism.

I just cannot understand how people can get so easily fooled when it takes like 10 seconds to get the real answers to the bullshit.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Racism, it's probably racism. Like the quote about convincing the lowliest of whites that he's better than the best black and all of that. Or maybe he had a bad breakup just before Trump?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    what are the odds on trump losing and paying off his debt by selling americas secrets to foriegn powers?
    small because he will milk the system after he leaves for a few hundred million, saving his ass...for now
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    small because he will milk the system after he leaves for a few hundred million, saving his ass...for now
    Plus, he's on record not reading any of his briefing documents. Who would believe his information past the crayon drawings he could recreate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Plus, he's on record not reading any of his briefing documents. Who would believe his information past the crayon drawings he could recreate.
    We got bigly weapons... covafefe is what they call it... biggest weapon... uge... nothing like Ghyna...

Not the most useful intel...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesnt concern me because he gives his salary away as President so he has no income to claim, and secondly we dont even know these are real. They are "leaked" by some so called anonymous source to a far left rag
    Hey people I am giving you $1 back from the $500 I just took from your wallet so it's not stealing. Haha! See I love when the Trumpkins surface and try to defend this blatant bullcrap. Plus this was before he was President.

Your conman is taker. You know what a taker is? Someone who lives off other taxpayers. I thought you hated these people? Remember you always bring up half the people don't pay income taxes. Well, you have one in Trump. At least I understand the hard working people who don't have tax laws made for them or can afford to hide or move money around pay other taxes in our society. That these people contribute much more than this piece of crap.

@Breccia. Bravo! You called out one the cultists and they came to the surface only in my mind to get burned real bad. Again, look at this person's reason. It's okay to steal millions if he leaves a dollar behind.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

that's a troll not a cultist. the difference is subtle, but while one is stupid enough to be fooled by the stupidest life form that's ever lived, the other is stupid enough to be able to pretend to be that stupid

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    what are the odds on trump losing and paying off his debt by selling americas secrets to foriegn powers?
    That would assume he actually pays attention and knows what the fuck is going on around him. I doubt he knows an damned thing about anything. Nothing but 4 years of reports about how disinterested he is in any meeting regarding his duties. 4 years of reports about how he doesn't read a damned thing given to him. Hes just a dumb actor given lines to read that can't even do that well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Hey people I am giving you $1 back from the $500 I just took from your wallet so it's not stealing. Haha! See I love when the Trumpkins surface and try to defend this blatant bullcrap. Plus this was before he was President.

Your conman is taker. You know what a taker is? Someone who lives off other taxpayers. I thought you hated these people? Remember you always bring up half the people don't pay income taxes. Well, you have one in Trump. At least I understand the hard working people who don't have tax laws made for them or can afford to hide or move money around pay other taxes in our society. That these people contribute much more than this piece of crap.

@Breccia. Bravo! You called out one the cultists and they came to the surface only in my mind to get burned real bad. Again, look at this person's reason. It's okay to steal millions if he leaves a dollar behind.
    Remember this is Orlong. Much like GP, he's a caricature of a real person. He constantly berates that which gives him an advantage in life. The government and unions. Hes got a cushy government tech job, filled with union protections and government backed pension. But has the gall to tell others unions are not needed and they should go negotiate a better salary. Something he's never had to do because he has union representation to do so.

He's a fraud that comes out from under his rock ever two years to muddy the situation and derail. Like GP who isn't a veteran, and only pops up to give disingenuous polling from heavily biased R leaning pollsters to fit his agenda when everything else point to the opposite.

A tad old but have we talked about this yet?
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisond.../#5a005fa17488
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesnt concern me because he gives his salary away as President so he has no income to claim, and secondly we dont even know these are real. They are "leaked" by some so called anonymous source to a far left rag
    You realize you still have to claim income that you earned even if you donated it, right? Donating it doesn't stop you from doing your taxes.

Trump can show how fake they are by showing his real tax returns. It would make it all go away and show that the media is fake, but he doesn't. I get you don't question things, but maybe you should.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    A tad old but have we talked about this yet?
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisond.../#5a005fa17488
    IRS Chief Makes More Than $100,000 Per Year Off Trump Property, Documents Show

The commissioner of the IRS—who is responsible for releasing President Trump's tax returns to Congress—owns two rental properties at the Trump International Waikiki that he profits off of while in office, according to new documents obtained by a watchdog group in Washington, raising new questions about his withholding of Trump’s tax returns as the president goes to court to keep them hidden.

Commissioner Charles Rettig’s personal financial disclosures for the past two years, analyzed by the Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, show that the IRS commissioner earns $100,000-200,000 per year from his properties at the Trump-branded Hawaii resort, which he purchased in 2006 before the hotel officially opened.

The Trump Waikiki website notes that the hotel was not developed by the Trump Organization—the owner licenses the Trump brand name—but Hawaii News Now reported in 2016 that the now-president received 10% of all pre-sales of units at the property, and Trump has made a promotional visit to the hotel while in office.

Rettig, who failed to disclose his connection to the Trump property when first appointed, told House lawmakers in 2019 that it was ultimately his decision—under the supervision of Treasury Sec. Steven Mnuchin—whether or not to turn over Trump’s federal tax returns to Congress, as House Democrats have requested.

Rettig denied the request for Trump’s tax documents in May 2019, with Mnuchin telling lawmakers that their subpoena for the president’s tax returns “lacks a legitimate legislative purpose.”
    That bolded is no longer true. Trump is a proven liar, but now we see he owes money launderers hundreds of millions and may have defrauded the US govt for tens of millions. Plus, it's not like Trump's great at following the rules himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    So lets talk about Iraq. We don't talk about it much any more, but things aren't going well. Pompeo is apparently threatening to pull our embassy from Iraq completely, which is a major escalation. The problem is essentially that Iran has achieved near total control of Iraq, and it has done so largely under Trump's watch (Largely, but not completely, Obama shares some blame here). Because for all his bluster on Iran, he is actually incredibly weak at actually dealing with them. If the US withdraws its diplomats, it is likely to follow up with strikes, which will cement Iraq as nearly a vassal of Iran.

Under Trump's oversight of the region, Al-Sadr has consolidated political power in Iraq, and he is closely aligned to Iran. Remaining US diplomatic and military bases come under constant rocket attack now, and the US has no tools to really counter that (Killing Suleimani was part of the reaction to this, but it obviously didn't make things better). Meanwhile, Iran has been getting away with EVERYTHING. Remember when they attacked Saudi Oil Facilities directly? No US response. Remember when their military shot Ballistic Missiles directly at our military, and Trump did nothing? Iran has consolidated power in Yemen, Syria and Iraq. The current situation in the Caucuses is likely to work in their favor as well.

Trump may hate Iran, but he is really, really bad at actually doing anything to them. If you want someone to be tougher on Iran, elect literally anyone else, because this fool is getting played.

There is a prominent bar in my town thats been open for 35+ years. very popular in the middle of Trump country. they just announced they're closing today and in a scathing post, owner asked that everyone go out Nov 3rd and vote out the idiots who mismanaged the pandemic and refused to sign more stimulus for small businesses.

5+ Year Old Account
    There is a prominent bar in my town thats been open for 35+ years. very popular in the middle of Trump country. they just announced they're closing today and in a scathing post, owner asked that everyone go out Nov 3rd and vote out the idiots who mismanaged the pandemic and refused to sign more stimulus for small businesses.
    So they want trump, Mitch and his lap dogs gone?

Also how can people have a business and not have money save aside for an oh shit! year or two?

You realize the Trump cult blames the dems for that right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post

Also how can people have a business and not have money save aside for an oh shit! year or two?
    That’s actually very complicated... but, let’s just say that profit margins are thin and competition is unfair.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

An "oh shit" year is where profits are down 10-20% because of a recession or downturn or bad season or something. Having to pay rent for 6-9 months while zero income is coming in isn't "oh shit" for businesses, its a complete and utter disaster.

You dont know much about small businesses and how they've been struggling for ages now due to the blatantly unfair system that's tailer made to keep smaller businesses down and larger ones up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Oh... So being in the middle of a FUCKING DEADLY PANDEMIC is not a good enough reason for you?
    The fucking deadly pandemic didn't stop people from congregating on mass to pillage and burn and create anarchic zones inside cities.

God forbid they have to stop the pillaging for 5 minutes, wear a mask, wash their hands and deliver a piece of paper.

Deadly pandemic only kills responsible citizens during the election process, obviously not a bunch of men children roaming the streets like a horde.