Poll: New Shadowlands release date?

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    My guess is December 1st, no real reason, just a guess.

I hope it's not too soon. Partially because I want it to be ready, partially because there's basically 0% chance I'll be able to take leave again so soon after the last. Lol.

Dec. 1st seems to be the best combination of avoiding other large releases, not releasing right before a major holiday, giving themselves more than a couple extra weeks to improve things, and not having the raid open right in the middle of a major holiday.

I'd bet money on Dec. 1st.

UNLESS they're willing to deviate from the "raid opens 2 weeks after launch" formula. Then that throws everything into wack.

if they announced around 1 month before the release the delay is because they fell that they need at least 1 more month, if it were mere 2 weeks or even 3 they would probably said so instead leaving the date to guess

so around early December

Quote Originally Posted by --Code-- View Post
    Hoping December 1st as that gives us a bit to play Cyberpunk before Shadowlands comes out. I'd say most likely window is Dec 1st to Dec 22.
    This. There are so many points that make a November release super unlikely. November was my go to guess since the announcement last year, but early to mid December with Castle Nathria / Season 1 starting mid January makes more sense now.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

15+ Year Old Account
    December 8th, raid opens on January 5th.

I said this prior to the expansion release date announcement and I still stand by it.

It's a timeline that works for Blizzard (falls within their Q4 projections, before Christmas), and works for players (No raiding conflicting with holiday based commitments).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I would be cool with late Jan/early Feb. Several games coming out in Nov/Dec that I want to play. Also gives me time to build up a few days of leave since the two weeks off I took for the original launch is too late to cancel.

15+ Year Old Account
    I ll go with the 17th though I feel it may be the 24th I ll go with the 6 week pre patch

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    There's a major holiday around November 24th? Oh, damn... Thanksgiving My bad. Then I guess I'll go with December 1st.

P.S. The poll is up.

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't want to guess then don't, I think it's fun and if there are others who think like me, just let us have our fun.
    Wish we could change vote lol

Didn’t realise thanksgiving was there. We don’t have that here in Aus

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    Wish we could change vote lol

Didn’t realise thanksgiving was there. We don’t have that here in Aus
    We don't have it in EU either Anyway, if there was an option to enable changing votes, I must have missed it. If so, I'm sorry.

Just in case, I've added a capitalized warning in the OP - I don't think it will help much, but maybe someone will see it before voting

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Dec. 1st seems to be the best combination of avoiding other large releases, not releasing right before a major holiday, giving themselves more than a couple extra weeks to improve things, and not having the raid open right in the middle of a major holiday.

UNLESS they're willing to deviate from the "raid opens 2 weeks after launch" formula. Then that throws everything into wack.
    We can probably throw precedent out the window at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post

Raids opening 2 weeks after launch would litterally put mythic progress in the middle of the holidays if they released the 1st

December 8th is my guess. Why? Holidays. They don't have to just plan around release, they have to consider the first raid launch date as well. December 8th gives people 2+ weeks to enjoy the game before the holidays hit and then they can push the raid release to 4 weeks (back from 2) and release it after the holidays.

it has to be november with raids on start of december
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    December 8th, raid opens on January 5th.

I said this prior to the expansion release date announcement and I still stand by it.

It's a timeline that works for Blizzard (falls within their Q4 projections, before Christmas), and works for players (No raiding conflicting with holiday based commitments).
    I agree whole heartedly. It's the only date that makes sense to me when considering all the different things they have to think about. You don't want holidays to interfere with world first race, at least I'm pretty sure they dont

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    it has to be november with raids on start of december
    Why not Def 8th with raids the first week in Jan?

12/8 is my guess.

I just don’t think they’d delay it by only 2 or 3 weeks, and 4-5 puts us in the Thanksgiving space. December 8th gives people a month or so to play and see all the things before raids in Jan.

A raid release shortly before Christmas makes not much sense imho. I remember how they did this with Highmaul and how it killed my guild back then because everybody was burned out and wasn’t interested in Highmaul progress anymore after holidays (we got the heroic clear shortly before Christmas and wanted to progress Mythic after that, but plenty of people just quit). They either need to give raids plenty of time before the holidays (at least 4 weeks which sounds impossible with the new schedule) or delay it until January, which would be a better decision, as there is no need to rush.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    We can probably throw precedent out the window at this point.
    That isn't really precedent though - look at Antorus.

It's actually only really something they publicly stated they'd do for 8.3, not releasing the patch/raid until after the holidays. That, with them for the first time seemingly delaying an expansion when everyone is telling them it's not ready might be indication that actually they're now going to be more considerate of these kind of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    November 17th is my guess. That gives roughly a month of prepatch, and let’s face it if they delay it any further they’re shooting themselves in the foot
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

10+ Year Old Account
    My money is on 24th nov/1st dec. Voted for 1st december since that seems more plausible to me.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    My money is on 24th nov/1st dec. Voted for 1st december since that seems more plausible to me.
    24th is a major American holiday week, it's not really on the table.