Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Since woman is a dirty word let's just call people men with penises and men with vaginas and then there will be no more division
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-10-02 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Latinx makes no fucking sense... as many Latinos are in America you'd think they'd idk... consult them about this. Like why Latinx? Why not Latine??????????????? Or you know... Latin...

here's a nice comic

https://www.vox.com/the-highlight/20...o-latinx-means

- - - Updated - - -

I feel it’s both in/exclusive inclusive because of gender but kind of excludes Latin people....because. “Latin” is a word that exist... and if you wanted a new word “latine” easily could had been used.
    Hey I didn't make it up, I think latinx people did.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

Latinx is pretty dumb. Why not just use 'latin american'. or 'latin'.

It strikes me like 'womyn' does. It's a nonsense word and will probably end up in the same bucket; used far, far more often for parody than genuine use.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Hey I didn't make it up, I think latinx people did.
    No we didn’t lol. There’s a reason usage is almost nonexistent among Latinos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Latinx is pretty dumb. Why not just use 'latin american'. or 'latin'.

It strikes me like 'womyn' does. It's a nonsense word and will probably end up in the same bucket; used far, far more often for parody than genuine use.
    Cus latin is a dead language not a group of people.
    Driving on Sunshine.

What, if I were to start talking about latin people in modern America you're going to think the Romans have invaded?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    No we didn’t lol. There’s a reason usage is almost nonexistent among Latinos.
    Yeah but we're talking about latinx people not latinos.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    What, if I were to start talking about latin people in modern America you're going to think the Romans have invaded?
    What's a latin people?
    Driving on Sunshine.

Yeah but we're talking about latinx people not latinos.

- - - Updated - - -

What's a latin people?
    Latinx and Latino are the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Latinx and Latino are the same.
    One is inclusive and one is like "fuck you"

I'm just american really doesn't matter to me, but one seems to have a much more positive connotation.
    Driving on Sunshine.

One is inclusive and one is like "fuck you"

I'm just american really doesn't matter to me, but one seems to have a much more positive connotation.
    A phrase used by mostly Americans that Latinos aren't using..

10+ Year Old Account
    A phrase used by mostly Americans that Latinos aren't using..
    I've only heard it used by latinx people to describe themselves in a more inclusive way.
    Driving on Sunshine.

I've only heard it used by latinx people to describe themselves in a more inclusive way.
    I've only heard it from white and black Americans, and my Dominican friend calling it stupid...

10+ Year Old Account
    psh rome will rise again.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    psh rome will rise again.
    So will The South, sure they will.
    Driving on Sunshine.

Latinx makes no fucking sense... as many Latinos are in America you'd think they'd idk... consult them about this. Like why Latinx? Why not Latine??????????????? Or you know... Latin...

I feel it’s both in/exclusive inclusive because of gender but kind of excludes Latin people....because. “Latin” is a word that exist... and if you wanted a new word “latine” easily could had been used.
    I usually have to explain these various things to people at my work (we had an employee that told my boss them/their were their prefered pronouns and I had to explain how it worked and sit in on various huddles to make sure he didn't mess it up...), so when LatinX was in an article, I had to explain to a Columbian and a Venezuelan what it was (and that it was not some EDM concert).

In the end I could come up with no reason why they didn't just use Latin instead, and there's just more resentment that middle class white people keep coming up with this shit and think all spanish people are Mexican and that they think the world can't exist without their input. But, that's how it went down among my coworkers. They think white people are just bored and looking for a cause.

Meh, I guess if it helps someone that is having a tough time of it to be identify as LatinX, more power to them. Can't see it ever catching on in any of the south of USA countries though.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I usually have to explain these various things to people at my work (we had an employee that told my boss them/their were their prefered pronouns and I had to explain how it worked and sit in on various huddles to make sure he didn't mess it up...), so when LatinX was in an article, I had to explain to a Columbian and a Venezuelan what it was (and that it was not some EDM concert).

In the end I could come up with no reason why they didn't just use Latin instead, and there's just more resentment that middle class white people keep coming up with this shit and think all spanish people are Mexican and that they think the world can't exist without their input. But, that's how it went down among my coworkers. They think white people are just bored and looking for a cause.

Meh, I guess if it helps someone that is having a tough time of it to be identify as LatinX, more power to them. Can't see it ever catching on in any of the south of USA countries though.
    Cus once again latin is a dead language not a group of people.
    Driving on Sunshine.

7+ Year Old Account
    No worse than the term "womxn" It's mainly used by half shaved/neon colored hair blue check marks and pronoun fem boys on Twatter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Cus once again latin is a dead language not a group of people.
    There is no reason why it can't be both.

Formerly known as Arafal

5+ Year Old Account
    This is closed. It isn't appropriate to debate others' identities, whether racial or gender-specific. While the main point wasn't necessarily a forbidden topic, discussion keeps wavering too much around several others.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."