Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Human and Orc Heritage Armour

I saw at the Blizzard website an image that implies that the Warfront sets are the Heritage Armour for humans. We can safely assume that we can say the same for the Horde Warfront sets are the "heritage armour" for orcs, and also the Forsaken and Night Elf ones from the Darkshore Warfront.

(Its in the WoW website, to the left of Ragnaros and the Lich King. I don't know how to insert a single image without a proper link. Its the picture of the dwarf, human and female blood elf) http://worldofwarcraft.com/es-es/

We know that some races still don't have their own "official", so to speak, Heritage Armour, but my question is: Is it fair? Is this better than conventional Heritage Armour?

I mean this in several ways. The Warfront sets can be used by any race, yet they have a clear Human/Orc/Forsaken/Night Elf theme. Also there are four sets per race, one for each type of armour. This gives Humans, Orcs, Forsaken and Night Elves four different "Heritage Armours".

Do you consider the Warfront sets as some kind of Heritage Armour for these races? Or should they have their own true Heritage Armour, as the other races have?

Let's discuss!

Heritage armor is race based and race-locked.
    It's not fair that not every race has it yet.
    It will come eventually in the future.
    Nobody ever said the warfront sets are heritage.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by El Caballero de Olmedo View Post
    I saw at the Blizzard website an image that implies that the Warfront sets are the Heritage Armour for humans. We can safely assume that we can say the same for the Horde Warfront sets are the "heritage armour" for orcs, and also the Forsaken and Night Elf ones from the Darkshore Warfront.

(Its in the WoW website, to the left of Ragnaros and the Lich King. I don't know how to insert a single image without a proper link. Its the picture of the dwarf, human and female blood elf) http://worldofwarcraft.com/es-es/

We know that some races still don't have their own "official", so to speak, Heritage Armour, but my question is: Is it fair? Is this better than conventional Heritage Armour?

I mean this in several ways. The Warfront sets can be used by any race, yet they have a clear Human/Orc/Forsaken/Night Elf theme. Also there are four sets per race, one for each type of armour. This gives Humans, Orcs, Forsaken and Night Elves four different "Heritage Armours".

Do you consider the Warfront sets as some kind of Heritage Armour for these races? Or should they have their own true Heritage Armour, as the other races have?

Let's discuss!
    You are reaching.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

15+ Year Old Account
    The biggest difference is most other races didn't have a set that "fit" them. Humans and Orcs have been able to recreate Guard/Grunt outfits for a very long time, and even got updated versions in WoD.

And yes, Warfront armor does fit Orcs/Humans best, but it probably just means they aren't the priority for Heritage armor right now.

Quote Originally Posted by El Caballero de Olmedo View Post

Let's discuss!
    There's not really much to discuss here. First reply said it perfectly:

Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    As the Warfront sets are not race locked, they can in no way be considered Heritage sets. They are simply sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    As the Warfront sets are not race locked, they can in no way be considered Heritage sets. They are simply sets.
    That is literally what I just said.

It's not fair that not every race has it yet.
    It will come eventually in the future.
    Nobody ever said the warfront sets are heritage.
    The Warfront sets aren't heritage but they are pretty damn close. The catch is that they are not available at level 1 once you unlock them. We already have night elf heritage armor available, so why Blizzard didn't put it into the game is a mystery to me. As for the others, I don't know.

I do know that because the first two warfront sets were human/orc and nightelf/undead themed, it does (in theory) make sense to do those last and give heritage armor to the races who have nothing. The fact we don't have one for trolls, draenei, or pandaren yet is a travesty as they have neither warfront themed gear nor heritage armor. (Pandaren heritage armor, by the way, I feel should be different for each faction, and even unlocked separately.)

Given that BFA is virtually over, I highly doubt we are suddenly going to see the missing heritage armors show up, but I'm holding out hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    You are reaching.
    My thinking exactly.

Humans and Orcs will get their heritage armor and I bet these will be Lordaeron footman plate and Grunt armor respectively - maybe of officer kind for more oompf. I know there is already a version of that from WoD, but they can totally go ultraHD on that with much more 3D parts and such and I'd dig it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I understand where are you come form. I guess that people will put Blizzard on pitchforks, if it will turn out to be true.

Its just a art design misleading feature i think. While Blizzard's incompetence is pretty obvious, i doubt the will reach such a low as claiming that warfront sets are Heritage armor, since its available for all races, not just Human, Orcs, Elves and Undead. Players will hate them for that.

The warfront sets might ffit the general aesthetic and all, but that is a far cry from being a dedicated set custom amde for that race alone that comes packaged with a story that to some extent furthers that races story.

Besides, stating that warfront sets were meant as the heritage sets is pretty pointless to argue at this point. We are not even done with giving all the races their heritage armor even if we assume it worked like that.

Humans and Orcs will likley be the last ones to get their heritage armor though. I feel Draenei/Troll will get theirs for 9.1, and Forsaken/Nelf will get theirs after Sylvanas is defeated. Pandaren could really get theirs whenever.
    I wouldnt be surprised if Humans and Orcs won't get theirs until 10.0.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Hence the quote

Exactly, which is why I quoted you. It was actually a compliment. Read the line above your quote. It was a more elaborate way of saying "QFT"

this was never implied.
    Sooooo.....?

Nobody said that these are Human/Orc heritage armor. The expectations are H/O will recieve Heritage last, since warfront gear do a good job at replacing it for the moment. Same applies for Night Elves and Undead. Most probable next heritage sets are for Draenei / Trolls / Pandaren

The Warfront sets are basically remade pvp gear from vanilla which is very faction oriented.

Nothing more, nothing less. Blizzard know it would be complete outrage if they just told us we allready have orc and human heritage armor from Warfronts.

/thread as they say

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    snip
    Sorry the toxicity of this forum got to me.
    Apologies for misunderstanding

I've given some thought to this matter before.

It's true that if I was asked to design a human heritage armor, I'd be hard-pressed to find something better than the Rank 3 Arathi Warfront armor, it's basically the epitome of the armors we've seen worn by human soldiers since the Warcraft days.

I think even if they end up making something a bit similar to it, they should still make an armor for humans only, eventually.

For the Orcs, I don't agree that the Warfront armor is ideal, in my mind's eye Orcs have the spiked red shoulders, a furry horned red helmet, and a furry loin cloth and gloves, they're held together by leather straps. It looks a lot more savage.

Just the same, I think the Night Elves shouldn't have the Darkshore Warfront armor or something similar for their heritage armor, they should be looking a lot less "clad" and with more nature and more feral ornaments, imagine the female druid from the Classic cinematic if you will. I believe we've been shown similar armors before on NPCs that follow Tyrande in her Night Warrior ritual.

For the Forsaken, the Warfront armor works pretty nicely, full of vicious spikes, noxious tubes of green liquids.. but I think maybe something more "rotten" and tattered would look more fitting.

Draenei should have something mixing purple crystals and smooth metal, there are some armor sets for paladins in the game around that design already though.

For Trolls I imagine a very tribal looking set, less "native american" than the Tauren but on the same kind of spectrum, but with voodoo mixed in, like wooden masks, feathers, some fangs and spikes here and there, some throwing axes around the belt (even if just for show).

And for Pandaren, I imagine some "civilian" asian-themed clothing, kimono or gi that can be worn casually by Pandaren when not at war, they pride themselves on their peaceful attitude after all.

I'd like to add that I think what the game needs after the heritage armors are done is heritage weapons. Imagine some nice HD models for classic axes for orcs or swords and shields for humans, a shield and glaive meant to replicate the "Spellbreaker" armor the Silvermoon guards wear. Special guns for goblins and gnomes. Nunchucks for Pandaren, it could go in many directions, with special animations for those weapons.
    Last edited by Balrog; 2020-10-02 at 08:52 PM.

Warfront sets are a lot more generic. They're just drops. The Heritage questlines were unique, and the opportunity to have that really powerful racial-driven story tied to the acquisition of an exclusive armor set you can only access by completing a specific unlock requirements is nowhere in the ballpark of "queue for Warfront, get piece of gear". I enjoy Warfronts, but I think the Heritage questlines and the Heritage armors were at their best done better than the Warfronts and it would be disingenuous to dismiss races that didn't get that experience especially when everyone else can experience the Warfront content - it isn't as special, it isn't as exclusively tailored to your own character.

I fully expect them to get heritage armour. The warfront is good enough for now, so it's not a priority, but it's not likely to be the permanent replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    We had one in WoD and in BfA, let the other races have theirs.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..