Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    We had one in WoD and in BfA, let the other races have theirs.
    Noone is saying that Humans and Orcs deserve to get their heritage set right now, we can happily wait. We just don't want Blizzard to try and weasel out of making that really good looking custom made set just because the Arathi Warfronts were a thing. Because as good looking as those sets were, they are still no substitute for the real thing.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    No, they are not heritage. And my guess is, that the real heritage armors will be similar but as said, with more oomph. Orcs and humans will always be at the core of the game. It all revolves around them at the very center. So in the end, even if every player put on the warfront set, you'll have Orcs and Humans stand out in their heritage set, like high decorated generals amongst the lowest soldiers.

At the least I assume due to warfronts heritage armor for those races is last in line. Come on, let's get some draenei heritage armor! Crystal me up, fam!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by HadesBlessYou View Post
    this was never implied.
    Sooooo.....?
    I mean, you're right. It was never implied that warfront sets were 'heritage' armor. They were just human/orc/night elf/undead themed sets. So Blizzard felt like these heritage sets were less critical to get out early. And that's not wrong.

None the less, they shouldn't ignore them entirely. We should have heritage armor for every race... period.

The warfront sets are definitely not considered heritage armor, but they probably mean that humans, orcs, night elves and forsaken are at the back of the queue for actual heritage armor given they already have sets themed for their respective races.

That just means we'll likely see Draenei, Troll and Pandaren first, not that we'll never see human, orc, night elf and forsaken sets.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

ofc not lol,humans and orcs are proly just low on the priority as themed sets for them have existed for a long time

that said im rly hoping they surprise us and dont go with the generic footman/grunt armor style

Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    Heritage armor is race based and race-locked.
    It's not fair that not every race has it yet.
    It will come eventually in the future.
    Nobody ever said the warfront sets are heritage.
    No but I'm of a mind that warfront sets are better than heritage armor. Unlike being told one set applies to all 4 armor types, we had quality armor that worked for all 4 sets.

It goes without saying that all races should be prioritized on heritage armour before Human and Orcish ones are made. On top of that, with all the themes we've had, it would be quite dull if they made a new set piece of a footman or a grunt.

There is a concept however, although it would probably send many high end tier PvPers into a hissing fit (probably, probably not). The only sets to give out an oomf now are an HD version of a Marshal/Warlord set, most likely on the Plate version. Otherwise, it will have to be something that signals a high rank or prestige, like all other racial sets.

I'm fine with them being mogable by other races if they allow humans and orcs to use the appearances from lvl1 just like the other heritage sets.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    I think they'll add them eventually, and they did insinuate if it wasn't directly stated that the Warfront armor for those races was their heritage armor for now. With the allied races the armor just unlocks, but the Heritage armor questlines for the main races at least all of them I've unlocked and done so far have been pretty cool. If it takes them a while to do and they come in 9.x or 10.x that's ok by me. I'd rather have them added later with a nice little Heritage armor questline than just unlock as a reward.

I'd consider the WoD sets to be good holdovers until they do Orcs and Humans. I totally agree we'll get those last and I hope they're on theme but really cool looking. Luckily for me, most of my humans and orcs are plate wearers so I'm likely to be okay lol

We'll probably (and should) get Troll/Drae next. I actually don't really like most of the warfront armor for either nelf or forsaken (excepting I dig the nelf style plate) so I hope we get theirs sooner rather than later, but Pandarans will probably come first, either on their own or with the troll/drae.

I really liked the questline for the Belfs, the only core race that has heritage armor that I have any characters of, so I'm looking forward to my humans, forsaken, orcs, nelves and draenei!

Draenei, Trolls and Pandaren who havent had a whiff of their heritage mentioned just sobbing in a dark corner somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
    I've given some thought to this matter before.

It's true that if I was asked to design a human heritage armor, I'd be hard-pressed to find something better than the Rank 3 Arathi Warfront armor, it's basically the epitome of the armors we've seen worn by human soldiers since the Warcraft days.

I think even if they end up making something a bit similar to it, they should still make an armor for humans only, eventually.
    I agree. As a Human Paladin main the Heritage armor will have to be really really good to get me to transmog out of the Weekly Plate set. That said I think we'll still be getting Human and Orc heritage armor, they'll just be lower priority because of the Warfront stuff.

So Draenei/Trolls and Pandaren next. Then Night elves/Forsaken and Human/Orcs.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by El Caballero de Olmedo View Post
    I saw at the Blizzard website an image that implies that the Warfront sets are the Heritage Armour for humans. We can safely assume that we can say the same for the Horde Warfront sets are the "heritage armour" for orcs, and also the Forsaken and Night Elf ones from the Darkshore Warfront.

(Its in the WoW website, to the left of Ragnaros and the Lich King. I don't know how to insert a single image without a proper link. Its the picture of the dwarf, human and female blood elf) http://worldofwarcraft.com/es-es/

We know that some races still don't have their own "official", so to speak, Heritage Armour, but my question is: Is it fair? Is this better than conventional Heritage Armour?

I mean this in several ways. The Warfront sets can be used by any race, yet they have a clear Human/Orc/Forsaken/Night Elf theme. Also there are four sets per race, one for each type of armour. This gives Humans, Orcs, Forsaken and Night Elves four different "Heritage Armours".

Do you consider the Warfront sets as some kind of Heritage Armour for these races? Or should they have their own true Heritage Armour, as the other races have?

Let's discuss!
    No. It’s not heritage armor in any way, shape or form. Heritage armor comes with a questline and is locked to that race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ABK Morgan View Post
    Draenei, Trolls and Pandaren who havent had a whiff of their heritage mentioned just sobbing in a dark corner somewhere
    I reckon the 3 remaining sets will be Human/Undead, Orc/Draenei and Night Elf/Troll. Pandaren can fit in wherever or have their own special set by themselves

Draenei and trolls next, then we can move on to humans and orcs.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing they think that undead, nelves, orcs and humans already got their HA in the form of Warfront-armor

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I fully expect them to get heritage armour. The warfront is good enough for now, so it's not a priority, but it's not likely to be the permanent replacement.
    Frankly I don't share your optimism. Heritage armor was a Battle for Azeroth feature that hasn't been mentioned at all for the future of Shadowlands (so far as I've seen, feel free to correct me if I am wrong). I would be shocked if they added any at this point. It would be much safer to assume that any race that hasn't gotten heritage armor isn't going to be getting any. This will just be something else Blizzard sweeps under the rug and forgets about perpetually because there will always be 'more important features' to work on.

I feel bad for trolls and draenei (and to a lesser extent, pandaren), because they did not get a warfront set nor a heritage set. They got literally nothing at all.