Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In the video I saw quiet a few "Grand Marshal" honor kills pop up. So why didn't the Alliance launch a defense?
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Illusions. "they've probably been on ravencrest because they couldn't handle the rpers fighting back then lmao"

Then why are they an issue? Why are they banned if they're not a problem? If they're having it -handed to them- like Blizzard wants, 'the opposing faction to form groups and fight back'. Then why are they suspended? Doesn't quite add up.

Either you're wrong and Alliance on RP realms never win. // Blizzard GM got killed in the making of this film. // or the RP Rules in regards to PvP need to be fully shown. Not just some old copy/pasted content no one really knows unless you're a real RPer

Quote Originally Posted by FoxieChan View Post
    Illusions. "they've probably been on ravencrest because they couldn't handle the rpers fighting back then lmao"

Then why are they an issue? Why are they banned if they're not a problem? If they're having it -handed to them- like Blizzard wants, 'the opposing faction to form groups and fight back'. Then why are they suspended? Doesn't quite add up.

Either you're wrong and Alliance on RP realms never win. // Blizzard GM got killed in the making of this film. // or the RP Rules in regards to PvP need to be fully shown. Not just some old copy/pasted content no one really knows unless you're a real RPer
    Because they are still breaking the disruptment rule. RP rules regarding PvP are fully shown, anyone who rolls on the realm should be aware of them since it's literally in the rules.

Just because they're fighting back doesn't mean they want to fight back. Sort of like a bully coming to your sandbox and starting to kick everything down/throw sand everywhere. It's very unpleasant, so you push the bully out of the sandbox. Whatever you created is still ruined.

Keep in mind this is all based on what they've told as well. They may very well have been banned for completely different reasons anyway, harassment etc are also things they readily do.

Felplague I think you're taking it a little too far with how seriously you seem to take RP in this game.
    @Vidjherta

this thread is 13 pages full of how seriously ppl are taking PvP in this game. come off your high horse lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Uhh yeah, obviously.

My point is that people shouldn't be such bitches about city raids.
    This isn't a problem with the city being raided, it's a problem with players being griefed for two hours. If you raid a city then go for the city leader and leave. Don't camp corpses for two hours and kill NPCs. You're doing it because you want people to be bothered by it. Well, the people didn't want to be bothered by it and hit back.

Imagine, there are flipping idiots that want to RP in a game called World of Warcraft but don't want to participate in the "war".

Quote Originally Posted by sunnycutie View Post
    This isn't a problem with the city being raided, it's a problem with players being griefed for two hours. If you raid a city then go for the city leader and leave. Don't camp corpses for two hours and kill NPCs. You're doing it because you want people to be bothered by it. Well, the people didn't want to be bothered by it and hit back.
    Shouldn't the goal be to "occupy" the city until the defenders rally and take their city back?
    If they don't want to get killed, why don't they leave Stormwind and RP as "refugees".

Are RP-Realms that retarded that they only RP whenever *they* want? Ugh... that's awful.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-10-05 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnycutie View Post
    What exactly is wrong with occupying an enemy city on an RPG server...based on warcraft...like...what

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    Felplague I think you're taking it a little too far with how seriously you seem to take RP in this game.
    I mean its an RPG with specific realms for RP, if you are going to make fun of people for wanting to RP on RP realms, then maybe play a different game?
    Maybe give D&D a try aswell, cause i know if we were in the middle of one of our D&D session and a ton of people joined and started yelling we would kick them instantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

If you don't want to be bothered by PVP then stay out of Warmode/PVPflag, End of discussion.
    The GM ruling is outright wrong in this situation and all of them need to be retrained.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Imagine, there are flipping idiots that want to RP in a game called World of Warcraft but don't want to participate in the "war".

Shouldn't the goal be to "occupy" the city until the defenders rally and take their city back?
    If they don't want to get killed, why don't they leave Stormwind and RP as "refugees".

Are RP-Realms that retarded that they only RP whenever *they* want? Ugh... that's awful.
    Imagine there are flipping idiots that want to RP in an RPG on an RP realm.

Imagine there are flipping idiots who want to do PVP, but dont go to the PVP zones or PVP battlegrounds or PVP arenas, see how easy that is?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    What exactly is wrong with occupying an enemy city on an RPG server...based on warcraft...like...what
    What is the problem with forcing other people to do what you want and not what they want in a game they pay for?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by col1kill View Post
    If you don't want to be bothered by PVP then stay out of Warmode/PVPflag, End of discussion.
    The GM ruling is outright wrong in this situation and all of them need to be retrained.
    Hey guess what.
    thats not an option in stormwind.

and no mate, you are wrong, unless your saying multiple gm's and a CM are wrong.
    and the subset Rp server rules are also wrong.

I hope the Abominations come back, and continue their slaughter. Maybe say every so often you're RPing "I'm taking over this city!" So you're not banned for interfering with RP, as you are RPing yourself.

Reverse phycology

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Hey guess what.
    thats not an option in stormwind.

and no mate, you are wrong, unless your saying multiple gm's and a CM are wrong.
    and the subset Rp server rules are also wrong.
    you not ever forced into pvp on retail servers. you must enable warmode as such forfeiting your right to complain if you get ROFLStomped by players of the other faction and yes this even applies to RP realms.

7+ Year Old Account
    you not ever forced into pvp on retail servers. you must enable warmode as such forfeiting your right to complain if you get ROFLStomped by players of the other faction and yes this even applies to RP realms.
    Again.
    Not how stormwind works
    stormwind has everyone there
    warmode or not.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope the Abominations come back, and continue their slaughter. Maybe say every so often you're RPing "I'm taking over this city!" So you're not banned for interfering with RP, as you are RPing yourself.

Reverse phycology
    forcing other people to take part in your rp is still bannable... thats still disruptive... i see what your trying to do but it aint even clever.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope the Abominations come back, and continue their slaughter. Maybe say every so often you're RPing "I'm taking over this city!" So you're not banned for interfering with RP, as you are RPing yourself. Reverse phycology
    That is the thing with disruptive game play. It doesn't matter if you are following all the rules you can still be disruptive. So even a one time roleplaying statement won't change a disruptive, to the rules, action.

- - - Updated - - -

You can still PvP with warmode off but you do have to be flagged.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

All this blabla pvp on rp servers is not allowed nonsense. Yet not a single source provided says so. All these hobby gamemasters in here.

to my understanding attacking a city is fine with objectives like kill the faction leader, but once you start to stay longer it quickly becomes something undesired by blizzard.

usually this stuff is pretty self-resolving though, as it's very hard to sustain an attack on cities. long corpse runs, enemy (should) have a number advantage, etc. so it's pretty funny they couldn't be pushed out for that long.

What is the problem with forcing other people to do what you want and not what they want in a game they pay for?
    Could they not have simply turned warmode off?

Again.
    Not how stormwind works
    stormwind has everyone there
    warmode or not.
    It's probably more "how RP servers work", afaik they have significantly different rules for sharding etc than regular servers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    All this blabla pvp on rp servers is not allowed nonsense. Yet not a single source provided says so. All these hobby gamemasters in here.
    again i think you fail to realize this actually has nothing to do with pvp, no matter how many times i tell you, you keep forcing it back to this.

disupritve gameplay can be done by people of the opposite faction, of the same faction, pvp, or no pvp, verbal, phsyical, or visual.

Disruptive gameplay normally is preventing people from playing the game, camping people, camping quest npcs, general asshole stuff

HOWEVER RP realms are special realms made for RPers which have extra rules, this way to allow player to enjoy RP better, these special rules include

New names restrictions
    Disruptive gameplay additions being.
    If people disrupt your RP/rp events, they can be reported and banned. Just like how if you disrupted another persons gameplay you could be reported and banned, on rp realms you can be reported and banned for disrupting RP.

Cause on Rp realms, RP is treated as gameplay, meaning purposefully disrupting it is disrupting gameplay.
    As you are on in an RPG, on an RP realm.

this includes stuff like spamming chat.
    running around ontop of players
    harrasing players
    spam killing npcs in town
    toy spamming
    and more.

You do not need to be in pvp to disrupt peoples RP, you do not need to be of the opposite faction. this has nothing to do with PVP, other then by these guys doing PVP for 2 hours, they were disrupting MANY peoples RP.

I could go right now and find some Rpers then throw all my toys on them and follow people doing so for 2 hours, and i bet you i would get a GM ticket, or a right out couple day ban. now im not gunna do that as i need to keep good standing with blizz for events and stuff but yeah.

Reverse phycology
    Yes, talking in /s and /yell during raids/RBGs makes you an RPer too. Thank you for your bright takes, Mr Abomination alt.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Could they not have simply turned warmode off?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    It's probably more "how RP servers work", afaik they have significantly different rules for sharding etc than regular servers.
    No its all servers.
    Stormwind/orgrimmar do not have seperate warmode on/off phases, because those are the cities where you turn it on/off
    its not 100% clear why it doesent just have seperate phases and phase you over, other then imagine if someone attacked you and then you were able to turn it off, heal, then turn it back on and attack them and they could do nothing about it.

It is literally just orgrimmar and stormwind, because that is where warmode is turned on/off

Oh also another theory is that it would cause major server issues (WHen you change your MS will commonly raise, and thats cause its doing a "shard hop" but its not super noticable since you arnt changing fully till you leave the city, but now if you could just spam this over and over and over and over at the touch of a button, that could be big problem.)