Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

Covenants won‘t be working outside Shadowlands

This is absurd and shows that they are so delusionsal in terms of what players want.

Maybe stop make fucking shop mounts so you can balance Venthyr signature ability outside shadowlands.

Holy shit, I was hyped the last few days but this is demotivating.

Please tell me I ain‘t the only one..

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Testasterown View Post
    This is absurd and shows that they are so delusionsal in terms of what players want.

Maybe stop make fucking shop mounts so you can balance Venthyr signature ability outside shadowlands.

Holy shit, I was hyped the last few days but this is demotivating.

Please tell me I ain‘t the only one..
    Why would the Covenant spells/abilities and Soulbinds work outside of the Shadowlands? This decision makes perfect sense to me. Why would you expect any different?

Because its retarded? They give us abilities and take them away immediately when we leave dumbass lands?

I hope they won't work in PvP but pretty sure they will ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Why would the Covenant spells/abilities and Soulbinds work outside of the Shadowlands? This decision makes perfect sense to me. Why would you expect any different?
    It's dumb. Imagine that the Heart of Azeroth and Azerite Armor/Essences weren't usable unless you were doing BFA content. It's extremely pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Zillbert View Post
    It's dumb. Imagine that the Heart of Azeroth and Azerite Armor/Essences weren't usable unless you were doing BFA content. It's extremely pointless.
    Let’s be fair... from a story perspective it makes sense. From a gameplay perspective it doesn’t. And because Blizzard didn’t give a damn about logical storytelling, gameplay in this case should matter more imho.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

well i mean if ur cov abilities did work outside SL, when next xpac comes and lets say were back on azeroth it makes no sense for you to still have your cov ability
    so to me this is a long term change, and possibly a lore reason because your cov abilities are tied to the shadowlands a totally different plane of existence

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Let’s be fair... from a story perspective it makes sense. From a gameplay perspective it doesn’t. And because Blizzard didn’t give a damn about logical storytelling, gameplay in this case should matter more imho.
    Yeah might be true, but why did Heart of Azeroth work on Argus (Antorus), Warlords of Draenor, Outland? Doesn't make any sense either since it's not on Azeroth.

I think it's dumb, these abilities define your character in this expansion and to have them only function within those zones means you're playing quite literally a different class in old zones. There is no reason other than irrelevant lore explanations for it to work this way, there is no benefit to it and really it should be changed.

I'm suspecting anyone will have a hard time arguing why it should be the way it currently works.

Quote Originally Posted by Zillbert View Post
    It's interesting you mention that, last I checked the BFA stuff still works on Azeroth but is disabled in Shadowlands zones. I agree with you though, it's utterly pointless to limit the SL stuff to SL zones.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2020-10-08 at 07:21 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I hope they won't work in PvP but pretty sure they will ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    ...yeah thats actually my problem with it. (Was comfirmed btw)

YOU CANT USE THIS OUTSIDE THE SHADOWLANDS...unless its the arena...or warsong gulch...or if your fighting a faction we outside your world give no shits about

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    well i mean if ur cov abilities did work outside SL, when next xpac comes and lets say were back on azeroth it makes no sense for you to still have your cov ability
    so to me this is a long term change, and possibly a lore reason because your cov abilities are tied to the shadowlands a totally different plane of existence
    seriously who cares about next expansion? In every new expansion old features gets erased - Legion legendaries, BFA coription.. ect.

the teleport ability is not working differently then heroic leap for warrior. You can jump up steap inclines but not walls or doodads or sills. The game must report a walkable path even if it is only walkable if you would not slide down an incline.

The teleport is not a new concept with other teleports like wl portal, blink, leap, rogue hook already existing in the old world

so this is not a decision based around the design of the old world and how the covenant abilities would break stuff... they would not.

This (covenants not working) is just a design intent that most of us just don't agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrican View Post
    the teleport ability is not working differently then heroic leap for warrior. You can jump up steap inclines but not walls or doodads or sills. The game must report a walkable path even if it is only walkable if you would not slide down an incline.

The teleport is not a new concept with other teleports like wl portal, blink, leap, rogue hook already existing in the old world

so this is not a decision based around the design of the old world and how the covenant abilities would break stuff... they would not.

This (covenants not working) is just a design intent that most of us just don't agree with.

Thank you for explaining it, however I'm curious if we can change that. This design intent does not make any sense if you compare it with Heart of Azeroth, which is working on Argus, Outland etc. as well.

why did the heart of azeroth work in other content

I wonder what the official Blizzard reasoning behind it is. Can’t say much before we hear it from them first.

I guess this is one way to make sure people at level cap are consolidated in SL territory. Does this mean we might be getting some old expansion stuff back like mage tower?

This way all they need to do is control things through ilvl for old content if they choose to scale it to 60 as an option.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uncl55 View Post
    Because its retarded? They give us abilities and take them away immediately when we leave dumbass lands?
    Dude, you are wrong.

We are in the realm of Death, we get those powers granted there. It makes perfect sense that you can not empower them outside of that realm.

This is a good move.

well this one pisses me off a bit. It's as if legion weapons did not work in other content than Broken Shore/Argus/PvP or Essences in non BfA content.
    I do understand lore reason as we are "stuck" in the Shadowlands in lore and not actually going out, but that is just not a good gameplay design.

Quote Originally Posted by Testasterown View Post
    Yeah might be true, but why did Heart of Azeroth work on Argus (Antorus), Warlords of Draenor, Outland? Doesn't make any sense either since it's not on Azeroth.
    That’s what I meant with my post. They didn’t care about this in the past so it shouldn’t be a problem in the future. Yet, here we are with these nonsensical restrictions.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    That’s what I meant with my post. They didn’t care about this in the past so it shouldn’t be a problem in the future. Yet, here we are with these nonsensical restrictions.
    ok i just want to point out that they also try to market the covenants as meaningful and class defining like a subclass or spec

i cant remember the last time a spec was disabled in content

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Dude, you are wrong.

We are in the realm of Death, we get those powers granted there. It makes perfect sense that you can not empower them outside of that realm.

This is a good move.
    we get the heart of azeroth in our timeline on our planet

yet we can still use it in WoD content

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Dude, you are wrong.

This is a good move.
    Dude, it works on Alterac bg, etc, but doesnt work in Alterac zone. Thats totally dumb lorewise and gameplay wise.