Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Kingdom Come Deliverance about a month and a half ago. I had the most fun during the early game, when I was weak and had to stealth and money was hard to come by, so I played a thief. It was extremely exciting (and nervewracking) trying to sneak around Rattay at night, robbing shops and trying to haul my ill gotten gains down to the fence without being caught by the guards.

The combat is awful.

(Long explanation on the problem with this system)
    Spoiler: 
    The combat system is hypothetically interesting, but in practice it's just not fun. The combat is designed around 1v1s and requires that 1. you react and press the block button at precisely the right time, and 2. you pull off combos. Unfortunately, the combat is pretty much entirely based on your stats. It doesn't matter how fast you can press a button or if you can memorize the combos, because the window of opportunity to press the button is so short that you will never be able to press the button in time until you get your agility and defense stats up to near 20, and you will pretty much never be able to get a combo off because you will always be blocked after the second hit. You won't be able to pull off hits uninterrupted until your agility stat is near 20, and by that point combos don't matter because you can just spam attack and beat a guy dead anyway. I found that the best way to get through combat is to use a shortsword (with no shield) and spam thrusts at the head.

Archery is useless in combat unless you can sneak up on someone and shoot them at point blank, in which case you mind as well either just stealth kill them or spam attack them with yoru shortsword. When using a bow, you have no targetting reticle, your camera is constantly moving, and I'm pretty sure that the arrow actually veers off within a radius of the center of your screen, meaning even if you were aiming at a target and released an arrow at the exact same movement of your camera, the arrow would still fly towards a different part of the screen. In order to level up archery to minimize these effects, you have to hit mobs hundreds of times with arrows, which is pretty much impossible to do via combat (because you'll likely miss and enemies will be upon you by the time you can release a second arrow), meaning that the only real way to level up archery is by grinding hares in the forest for hours and hours on end.

Because combat sucked and was thoroughly unenjoyable, I decided to try playing as a thief. I avoided combat, snuck past enemies, poisoned their pots, lured them away from their positions and stealth killed them, and in the rare event I did get into combat, I spam stabbed them in the face with my shortsword. For confrontations with multiple opponents, I had to run away until they stopped pursuing me, then stealthed back and killed them one by one. The game became trivially easy once I got a horse, as I could just charge towards enemies in full plate armor and thrust at them with my shortsword and they'd be one shotted, and since I was on a horse galloping I'd never be injured or caught. However, I was eventually forced into becoming a knight in full plate armor anyways. There are story battles where you have to directly fight 30+ enemies at once, with people attacking you from all sides. You can't use your horse and you can't stealth kill the people, and again archery is useless because by the time I'd get a second shot off they'd be upon me in melee range. So my only choice was to buy a suit of armor. Combat against multiple opponents is absolutely awful due to the game's auto-lockon system. I can never target the guy I want to target or even the guy right in front of me, and when I hold down to shift to break target and run away, I end up locking on to some other target and start strafing around him, or I end up getting hit in the back and locking on to the guy who just hit me, and it turns into a never ending chain stun.

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate for Switch. Could not pass it up for 20$.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Baldur's Gate 3 (Early Access), four days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Baldur's Gate 3 (Early Access), four days ago.
    same, been fun.

Terraforming Mars, the boardgame adaptation, yesterday.

pre-ordered Watch Dogs: Legion so can't wait to get to play it next week already

Hades..about a few weeks ago been playing it on and off since

Baldur's Gate 3 (for my brother)
    The last purchase for myself were 3 games during the summer sale: Bloond TD6, The Witcher Adventure game and Poly Bridge.

Last edited by Nelle; 2020-10-22 at 03:01 PM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

10+ Year Old Account
    CP2077, preordered a few days ago.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Shadowlands, before that it was Wolcen, but I returned Wolcen straight away after seeing how poor their customization was, lucky that. Before that I can't remember, might have been BFA?

Baldur's Gate 3. Ez katka.

KOA re-make. Not worth paying 40 dollars I guess, but since I could get it for 22 dollars. Havent had too much time to play it since Im busy in wow :P
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Ghost of Tsushima for myself
    Animal Crossing for my wife

Battle for Azeroth

7+ Year Old Account
    Age of Empires 3 Definitive Edition
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fall Guys I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fall Guys but hopefully Cyberpunk on a console once I can get a bloody order in...
    -K

Shadowlands with my Battlenet balance I got from refunding Warcraft 3 Refunded back in January.