Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    As a blood elf player I feel disappointed the only new and exclusive things I have are three hairstyles and three beards
    New skin colors, two new ear lengths, a ton more eye colors including high elf eyes.

As a Void Elf player, I'm disappointed that I can't shorten my ears

But yeah, they could have easily added some eyebrow options, war paint or tattoos, earrings, or at least separated the mustache out so you could use it with the existing goatees

Quote Originally Posted by SynDethroc View Post
    I love ALL the new options, there is finally a dark brown hair color for humans that matches my own! I'd say Humans, Undead, and Night Elves are the clear winners with all the awesome as hell stuff they got. Unfortunately, my secondary main is a Nightborne and they still look... Not Great. And since Night Elves can't be warlocks yet, looks like I'm stuck with her as-is :/
    Is it weird all my mains over the years have been Night Elves lol?
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

I dunno about the human ones, it makes so little sense given how geographically rare humans are in this setting, up to and including their origin story. A little blackwashing of a few characters won't make them look less out of place either, frankly for the human varieties to mean something they should just introduce some places where the black and asian skin types come from, as in where they evolved, as in WoW humanity literally (d)evolved from nordic half giants.

With elves and others it's a lot easier since they have no real world counterparts and/or are si tied to magical stuff that one can just say "It's magic, deal with it.".

So yeah, i hope they give it some substance to back it up because at present Wildhammer dwarves coming from Ironforge has more explanation behind it than random black humans.

Besides introducing more human cultures and populations would definitely prove an interesting addition to the game.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    I dunno about the human ones, it makes so little sense given how geographically rare humans are in this setting, up to and including their origin story. A little blackwashing of a few characters won't make them look less out of place either, frankly for the human varieties to mean something they should just introduce some places where the black and asian skin types come from, as in where they evolved, as in WoW humanity literally (d)evolved from nordic half giants.

With elves and others it's a lot easier since they have no real world counterparts and/or are si tied to magical stuff that one can just say "It's magic, deal with it.".

So yeah, i hope they give it some substance to back it up because at present Wildhammer dwarves coming from Ironforge has more explanation behind it than random black humans.

Besides introducing more human cultures and populations would definitely prove an interesting addition to the game.
    That, makes no sense. You think it makes less sense for Humans than Blood Elves? Humans makes way more sense. Could've been a refugee from Lordaeron which is up north and that's why they can look white/pale. Could've been from Stranglethorn Vale that's why they look black. You don't really need to have a castle to introduce different coloured skin humans. And besides, Humans are just meant to represent irl humans so it makes sense. As for the Blood Elves, wether you agree or disagree they are the only race on the Horde that looks like Humans so that's why they did it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SynDethroc View Post
    And since Night Elves can't be warlocks yet,
    I really hope they add more options to other races so people stop asking of stuff like this...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Okay so hear me out. I love the new customization options. But. When they were first announced, the thing I was most excited about was the Wildhammer and Sandfury options, because of the implication that Dragonmaw orcs could finally be playable. Cataclysm had a whole thing about Wildhammer vs Dragonmaw, with those orcs officially joining the Horde. Theyre friendly NPCs in the Twin Peaks battleground. There's no reason they cant be playable anymore, but orcs got three new green skin tones instead of a single gray.

Give Dragonmaw plz Blizz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    not just that, trolls didn't get the forest troll option, despite we having one tribe of then in the horde

Seems like blizz wasted all their budged pampering the fucking elves, even the allied race got more than the normal races, lets see if they will stick with their word and add more options along shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Icelin View Post
    Maybe for Mag'har Orcs? Sounds like a neat little option. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
    there is no dragonmawn with maghar, it would make no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    That, makes no sense. You think it makes less sense for Humans than Blood Elves? Humans makes way more sense. Could've been a refugee from Lordaeron which is up north and that's why they can look white/pale. Could've been from Stranglethorn Vale that's why they look black. You don't really need to have a castle to introduce different coloured skin humans. And besides, Humans are just meant to represent irl humans so it makes sense. As for the Blood Elves, wether you agree or disagree they are the only race on the Horde that looks like Humans so that's why they did it.

- - - Updated - - -

I really hope they add more options to other races so people stop asking of stuff like this...
    Eh, elves change colors like you and me change clothes, blue, red, purple, i don't see why black wouldn't fit. Hell it's called the SUNwell is it not? ^^

But i digress, it'd be good for them to elaborate, especially as stranglethorn lacks meaningful human settlement and Stormwind's quite pale already.
    It's certainly no stranger to have random black elves in a world of many colored elven subspecies than it is to have black humans in a world where humanity has evolved from vrykul.
    Hell even just an off-hand mention that the curse of flesh sometimes produces other colored varieties of humans would help a lot already without explaining the absence of any significant black populations in game.

Also did they introduce skin colors for gnomes too?
    I want a chinese gnome now.
    Last edited by loras; 2020-10-12 at 10:25 AM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

New skin colors, two new ear lengths, a ton more eye colors including high elf eyes.

As a Void Elf player, I'm disappointed that I can't shorten my ears

But yeah, they could have easily added some eyebrow options, war paint or tattoos, earrings, or at least separated the mustache out so you could use it with the existing goatees
    unique and exclusive. all old and new skin colors and all new eye colors also have the void elves which makes that not unique. if void elves can have all of our skin colors both old and new and also their own void skin colors, we should have lightforged skin colors as something unique I think.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

Seems like blizz wasted all their budged pampering the fucking elves.
    You probably mean Alliance elves, because BEs have received... what, a couple of haircuts and beards? And all NB got was a huge middle finger.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    The Highborne aren't the only race with only a few skin options. It seems like the Legion races are only a handful of skin options and the regular trolls and orc and goblins are stuck to green/blue themed skin colors. I do find it interesting that Worgen are no longer human skin color locked behind options they pick in Worgen creation mode. You can now pick the color of your human skin color without it being determined with your choices in the Worgen part....unless this is has been out for a while but that's how I remember it to be. I do wish you could pick the lip color on females though instead of the lipstick locked into the face choice.
    They're really far behind with character customization. Coming from CoH to this game, it's always been my biggest gripe. Transmog helped a lot.

And i'm grateful to hear there's more on the way. This is just something they could've shoved an intern into a closet to work on, in my opinion. Like the makeup options, piercings, tattoos.

Like we're finally getting vines for Night Elf hair.....too long for it. Like what happened to Hunters getting quivers? We've seen a backpack or two now. I would like to see stylish quivers to replace my cloak.
    Last edited by blankfaced; 2020-10-12 at 04:09 PM.
    I'm a thread killer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played around with them a lot about a month ago and can't wait to have them in the live game. It's honestly the little things that make me excited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Sadly, I'm more excited for Pre-patch than Shadowlands itself, primarily because of all the new customize options. I have 50 characters and updating their look, perhaps to enhance their identity will be fun.
    Saaaaaaaaaaame.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

3+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure I wont even get around to doing the pre-patch event, cause I'll be spending entire days in the barber shop updating all my alts.

Also, I no longer feel bad about slacking on unlocking allied races, cause they are no longer superior.

What they have done looks great, I just hope Nightborne is on that list anytime soon... also wish they'd fix Nightborne's racial so that it did anything for half the classes it can be.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I do love it all, im just so disapointed with my favorite races (gnome, pandaren, worgen and draenei. Males that is)

Pandaren got 2 tints, where one of them is way to similar to the older ones.
    Worgen got 2 tints as well. They should add something blonde or something as well.
    Gnomes got 2 new professor-haircuts (dont they have a bunch of thoose allready?) and a anime-one. And fucked up eyebrows.

Humans for example feels like I can mix and match to make something unique.

Goblins and bloodelves also feel like they got left behind on the drawingboard.

I think im gonna stick with my mechagnomes and KT humans

Okay so hear me out. I love the new customization options. But. When they were first announced, the thing I was most excited about was the Wildhammer and Sandfury options, because of the implication that Dragonmaw orcs could finally be playable. Cataclysm had a whole thing about Wildhammer vs Dragonmaw, with those orcs officially joining the Horde. Theyre friendly NPCs in the Twin Peaks battleground. There's no reason they cant be playable anymore, but orcs got three new green skin tones instead of a single gray.

Give Dragonmaw plz Blizz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    arent most of the dragonmaw clan dead?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

It's honestly kind of a let down how they cheated some of the other races. Female belfs got so much compared to their male counterparts. The number of Female nelfs vs Pandaren options is just... insane.

I'll be surprised if they even bother with allied races during shadowlands. I wouldnt be surprised to see it be a 10.0 feature

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    What they have done looks great, I just hope Nightborne is on that list anytime soon... also wish they'd fix Nightborne's racial so that it did anything for half the classes it can be.
    What racial are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    What racial are you talking about?
    The passive
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeskipPistol View Post
    I'm pretty sure I wont even get around to doing the pre-patch event, cause I'll be spending entire days in the barber shop updating all my alts.

Also, I no longer feel bad about slacking on unlocking allied races, cause they are no longer superior.
    Right?

Now I'm actually feeling pretty dumb because as of the pre-patch I should have earned all the ARs, but now they're not cooler-looking, and skipping 1-20 is no longer a big deal (because Exile's Reach is quick and apparently non-tedious) so I'm feeling a bit silly.

That said, it's good overall. So excited about non-bone undead myself, I've been saying they should do it for years. If they can give us more upright ones like the Orcs, it'll be even better. Now I just have to work out what race my DK needs to be. I have a long-played 120 NE DK but I think something else is going to be cooler after all this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Like we're finally getting vines for Night Elf hair.....too long for it. Like what happened to Hunters getting quivers? We've seen a backpack or two now. I would like to see stylish quivers to replace my cloak.
    I think it's probably inevitable given all the back-items, that they'll give us some quivers and so on sooner or later.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    You probably mean Alliance elves, because BEs have received... what, a couple of haircuts and beards? And all NB got was a huge middle finger.
    blood elves got more options than all horde races
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2020-10-12 at 10:10 PM.