View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    BoJo crawled back on his October deadline today.

What BoJo said in the past: "We'll stop the talks if there is no deal by October. And a no-deal Brexit is fine for the UK."
    What BoJo actually says today: "We'll continue the talks and keep working towards a deal. A trade deal is essential and important for the UK."

2nd time now that the EU called BoJo's bluff...
    The problem is the EU split. France, Netherlands and Denmark particularly want our fish and are prepared to see no deal if they don't get them. Of course the devastation to Germany and its car industry in case of no deal is something Merkel doesn't want on account of fish they won't benefit from much.

Such is the benevolence of the UK generously Boris has given the EU a few more days for their summit to sort themselves out and their mess, get together and find a united position, failing that no deal no problem. The British position is clear.

The EU are in the last chance saloon for a deal, the cliff edge for them beckons, the fish or the cars are more important?, choices choices.....tick tock.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    The problem is the EU split. France, Netherlands and Denmark particularly want our fish and are prepared to see no deal if they don't get them. Of course the devastation to Germany and its car industry in case of no deal is something Merkel doesn't want on account of fish they won't benefit from much.

Such is the benevolence of the UK generously Boris has given the EU a few more days for their summit to sort themselves out and their mess, get together and find a united position, failing that no deal no problem. The British position is clear.

The EU are in the last chance saloon for a deal, the cliff edge for them beckons, the fish or the cars are more important?, choices choices.....tick tock.
    I suspect the value of the pig meat exports to the UK is at least equal to the total value of the fish we land (40% of which may be in british waters give or take) ..

It's so funny how you try and spin the UK screwing the pooch and getting too big for their britches again as you somehow holding all the cards.

The British position is clear. Idiotic monkeys like yourself are running the show and had a goal in mind with no idea how to achieve it and now you're trying to make your fumbles look like some sort of master stroke diplomacy. You're lucky the EU isn't more mean spirited, especially with the multiple times the UK has cried like a baby and tried to back out on terms it agreed to.

I almost hope Trump gets 4 more years because a Republican admin will be far far greedier when bending the vastly weaker UK over the negotiating table for that reason alone.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-54541761

Well, well, sometimes diplomats use apt metaphors:

One diplomat close to the negotiations rather patronisingly described this potential EU compromise position by comparing the UK to a toddler that doesn't want to eat its vegetables. He said the EU was now looking for alternative arrangements to get the UK to sign up to a deal. He described it as mixing things up to hide the vegetables from the toddler.

Freshly baked EU council conclusions on the Brexit topic.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/BarendLey...735298/photo/1
    EU leaders are not budging. So, is BoJo going to walk away or be dead in a ditch. Bets are on!

I mean, what else would the EU do?
    Their red lines are public and clear, the UK knew them long before they left, and being a bloc of many nations making deals with 100's of countries the EU was never going to change their red lines for the UK.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I mean, what else would the EU do?
    Their red lines are public and clear, the UK knew them long before they left, and being a bloc of many nations making deals with 100's of countries the EU was never going to change their red lines for the UK.
    It's just a very harsh tone compared to previous ones.
    Now Frost reactred on twitter.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidGHFr...85715943014400
    I guess that's it then.
    Last edited by Demolitia; 2020-10-15 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    It's just a very harsh tone compared to previous ones.
    Now Frost reactred on twitter.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidGHFr...85715943014400
    I guess that's it then.
    I was wondering what that guy was smoking to come to such weird conclusions, and then I clicked on this name and saw he worked for Boris.
    Well that explains everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I was wondering what that guy was smoking to come to such weird conclusions, and then I clicked on this name and saw he worked for Boris.
    Well that explains everything.
    He is the UK's chief negotiator. The guy negotiating with Barnier every other week.
    edit: to be fair he was one of the "more" reasonable ones in Boris' team. And expected to advise Boris not to walk away. Looks like that council statement took him a bit off guard so tomorrow should be an interesting day, with Johnson expected to announce whether the UK is calling it off or not.
    Last edited by Demolitia; 2020-10-15 at 06:07 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fingers crossed for Boris's official no deal announcement tomorrow. Happy sunlit brexiteer days as a nation waits to celebrate!
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Fingers crossed for Boris's official no deal announcement tomorrow. Happy sunlit brexiteer days as a nation waits to celebrate!
    Hope so too. We have Covid and real issues to deal with, that don't require trying to reason with a toddler, so we'll focus on that instead.

If he finds the bollocks to do that (and it's a huge IF because he's shown no spine in his entire career) then fair enough. You get your no-deal Brexit. The rest of us get to see the incontrovertible proof that it will be the gigantic disaster we warned you about. At which point, I hope, you and your Brexiteer pals can shut the fuck up for the rest of your lives and leave the grown-ups to try and fix the mess you've made. The EU has got it about right, I think, they are trying to deal with toddlers.

Saying all that, my money is on him whining like a child while simultaneously shitting himself over the implications of crashing out. Never underestimate the ability of Boris to take the route than means least work for himself.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    If he finds the bollocks to do that (and it's a huge IF because he's shown no spine in his entire career) then fair enough. You get your no-deal Brexit. The rest of us get to see the incontrovertible proof that it will be the gigantic disaster we warned you about. At which point, I hope, you and your Brexiteer pals can shut the fuck up for the rest of your lives and leave the grown-ups to try and fix the mess you've made. The EU has got it about right, I think, they are trying to deal with toddlers.

Saying all that, my money is on him whining like a child while simultaneously shitting himself over the implications of crashing out. Never underestimate the ability of Boris to take the route than means least work for himself.
    He can always go back to the daily mail and spend the rest of his life writing about how the EU is evil and ruined the UK. That's the one talent he has.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hope so too. We have Covid and real issues to deal with, that don't require trying to reason with a toddler, so we'll focus on that instead.
    I think brexiters need it to be done now/soon so that any negatives that come from it can be blamed om covid ( Probably UK in a few years: "Sure we lost 3 [or 4] times as much as germany in gdp but that is because we were hit harder by covid")

7+ Year Old Account
    Have a word in Merkels shell for me then will you? The German is begging our Boris not to stop negotiating this morning...

Angela Merkel has called on Boris Johnson to keep negotiating over Brexit, saying the EU will need to compromise.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...t-negotiations

This is not good, stand firm eurochums and don't bend the knee, tens of millions of brexiteers are relying on you for their freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    I think brexiters need it to be done now/soon so that any negatives that come from it can be blamed om covid ( Probably UK in a few years: "Sure we lost 3 [or 4] times as much as germany in gdp but that is because we were hit harder by covid")
    ...which is also to blame on the same idiots that produced Brexit. I'm not sure there is a win in any situation for Brexiteers. They are idiots and should be excluded from making decisions for society on account of them just being too damn stupid.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Have a word in Merkels shell for me then will you? The German is begging our Boris not to stop negotiating this morning...

Angela Merkel has called on Boris Johnson to keep negotiating over Brexit, saying the EU will need to compromise.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...t-negotiations

This is not good, stand firm eurochums and don't bend the knee, tens of millions of brexiteers are relying on you for their freedom.
    This is so much bs

She never begged and she clearly stated that there are lines. She just asked to still negotiate. Just in a more diplomatic way than Macron.
    It's still YOU who have to move, she just said they will be ready for SOME compromises.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    This is so much bs

She never begged and she clearly stated that there are lines. She just asked to still negotiate. Just in a more diplomatic way than Macron.
    It's still YOU who have to move, she just said they will be ready for SOME compromises.
    Dudeman, just ignore the guy. He's only around to troll people with utter nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop giving the poster the time, use it elsewhere lol.

This is all so hilarious, a no deal when we had one in the oven...easiest deal in history...

Boris Johnson says it's time to "get ready" for the prospect of no free trade deal with the EU on 1 January.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    NOW its time to "get ready"?

Given the fact Boris has been aiming for this, shouldn't he be as ready as anyone has ever been?
    We're 2 months away....
    If your betting against the UK's economy you don't actually want to be read in time.
    Fortunately the EU has been preparing for the possibility of a no-deal for basically the entire transition period.