Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    I thought blizzard stated that the expansion will still be a 2020 release?
    Fundamentally the expansion is fine for release except for a fair whack of tuning and a few cinematics.

Previous delays (especially BC) have been for core issues - not for a bit of tuning.

It will be out this year - however the raids/M+ season/PvP season may be delayed until the new year to give them heaps of time to tune the numbers.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Cute PR statement. WoD and BfA begs to differ.
    Hence why it's an accurate statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not taking anyone's word if they don't work for Blizzard.

Sick of seeing someone with no facts, no evidence, no anything, come into these forums and make claims on release dates without anything to back it up with.

Blizzard has said it'll still be a 2020 release, and until they say or do differently, that's what I'm going with.
    Putin khuliyo

Good. The more this blows up in their faces the better off we're going to be in the future when they (hopefully) finally realize that these rental powers aren't fixable with this many classes/specs that all need to be playable outside of just world quests.

Shadowlands sounds like it's going to be pretty well cooked, but there's serious hope for the 10.0 expansion.

Absolutely no evidence to back his claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Blizzard has said it'll still be a 2020 release, and until they say or do differently, that's what I'm going with.
    They also said it would be out in October. Believe what you want to believe, but don't be so naïve as to believe anything Blizzard has said is rock hard fact and not subject to change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Good. The more this blows up in their faces the better off we're going to be in the future when they (hopefully) finally realize that these rental powers aren't fixable with this many classes/specs that all need to be playable outside of just world quests.

Shadowlands sounds like it's going to be pretty well cooked, but there's serious hope for the 10.0 expansion.
    You can't just add new abilities infinitely over several years.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    I thought blizzard stated that the expansion will still be a 2020 release?
    They also stated it would release on the 26th of October.

Quote Originally Posted by LolFrank View Post
    Absolutely no evidence to back his claim.
    There is some evidence to support this claim, but obviously people just ignore / dismiss it. Like someone said on the previous page, the calender had the first SL event listed for feb 2021. Its evidence, but not conclusive.

August next year baby. Im calling it. New class included.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No, apparently about 8/9 years is the limit, then you have to suddenly change everything. I realize this is a very popular argument for pro bolt on power individuals, but it is a complete strawman argument - i have not seen anyone claim they should add endless new abilities to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    They also said it would be out in October. Believe what you want to believe, but don't be so naïve as to believe anything Blizzard has said is rock hard fact and not subject to change.
    They did say it would be out in October then they said they were delaying it. I don't believe that anything they say is rock hard, but I'm not going to make wild assumptions, that it won't be out until 2021 until it comes from some official source, and not some random poster on a forum.

If Blizzard says "Our new release date is January 2021" then okay, that's what I'll go with until otherwise informed. But I'm not taking unsubstantiated claims from forum posters who have no new information from Blizzard.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You sure can't. But not every rental power needs to tie into class abilities. You don't need Legendaries, Conduits, AND covenant powers.

This expansion would have been just fine (and would have launched on time) if they didn't stack power on power on power. Exponentially difficult tuning, when a legendary buffs an ability for a specific spec, which also gets power from a conduit, and is already seeing serious power due to covenant abilities.

Covenant abilities should have been the end of it. Covenant abilities + Legendaries at the MOST.

The soulbinds were WAY too much. There's no chance they're fixing this. Also, pruning isn't a bad thing. Mage didn't need fire blast as frost. Sin rogue didn't need SnD. They were pruned for valid reasons. They needed new talent options that were interesting. Mage needed RoP to not be the only choice in the tier forever. Plenty of classes dealing with the same issues. Bandaids for gunshot wounds.
    Last edited by Wheeler; 2020-10-22 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    They did say it would be out in October then they said they were delaying it. I don't believe that anything they say is rock hard, but I'm not going to make wild assumptions, that it won't be out until 2021 until it comes from some official source, and not some random poster on a forum.

If Blizzard says "Our new release date is January 2021" then okay, that's what I'll go with until otherwise informed. But I'm not taking unsubstantiated claims from forum posters who have no new information from Blizzard.
    But........the individuals claiming it would be delayed have been CORRECT to this point, and the only ones who have given misinformation out is Blizzard. Like i said, believe what you want, but your logic doesnt hold up.

There is some evidence to support this claim, but obviously people just ignore / dismiss it. Like someone said on the previous page, the calender had the first SL event listed for feb 2021. Its evidence, but not conclusive.
    You realize the only other dungeon week is Nov 3rd, which the expansion is obviously not coming out by?

As in, there's the BfA dungeon event week the 3rd, ends the 10th, and then the next dungeon week isn't until February.

The fact that it's labeled as Shadowlands just means it has to come out at some point between Nov and February...which last I checked, Spring isn't until March.

Clearly they were telling the truth its going to be an october 26th launch they just screwed up and meant it was going to be october 26th 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Clearly they were telling the truth its going to be an october 26th launch they just screwed up and meant it was going to be october 26th 2021.
    That's not the truth! Come on, man!

Do you know how the weekly event functions? The only evidence this provides is that Shadowlands won't be released during the spring next year.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll be surprised if it comes out before Christmas. Spring though? That sounds like something said on reddit.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I'll be surprised if it comes out before Christmas. Spring though? That sounds like something said on reddit.
    I can't wait that long! Come on, man!