Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I really miss Class Armor. Like, a whole lot.

Honestly, if there is one area I think Blizzard has really dropped the ball with BFA, it was the idea of not doing Class Sets anymore. Without Class Armor to go after, I legitimately don’t see people ever really doing transmog runs for BFA content (the art team made very BELIEVABLE armor, but very little felt truly COOL, imo).

It looks like that policy is continuing in Shadowlands, and honestly it’s a big ol’ bummer. I really miss having all those cool Sets to go after, they were a significant reason I kept playing the game. With their removal, it made it easier to ever to quit in BFA.

Personally? I would love to see another set of Challenge Mode sets to go after. Hell, I wouldn’t even mind bringing back the MOP CM sets, provided they are just as (or even more) difficult to complete. I got all the ones I cared about already, but the content was fun and the sets were hella cool (certainly more than the inferior reskins used for Legion class hall sets).

My rationale for CM armor again is that you can truly base it around THE CLASS, and not THE RAID. I think Firelands, as much as I enjoyed it as a raid, had some of the worst sets in the game, for precisely that reason.

Just my two cents. If nothing else, perhaps have a Set for each Class for completing content across the whole expansion?

Did they clearly state no class sets yet again in Shadowlands? Because just because there aren't any in the first raid, doesn't mean none in upcoming raids after, because WoD and Legion also didn't have sets in the opening raid(s) until x.1 patch raid

I miss the set bonuses more than I miss the actual armor. I'd much prefer they did challenge mode armor again (tied to m+ possibly, or it's own thing) if I had to choose between the two. That being said, it's sad that we even have to think about "choosing between the two." Both should just be part of the game by default.

Haven't they already said over and over again that they're willing to bring back class tier sets this expansion?

I miss it too. Hope they bring it back in SL, they did mentioned the possibility at least.

Personally thought BFA had the best selection of mogs ever, especially with the bigger focus on armor outside of the raid tiers, so would much rather take this approach over class themed ones unless they can supply both. Rarely like the result when they try to force a tier theme together with a class aesthetic.

It is especially bad for Demon Hunters. We sorely need more class designed sets.

They were open to bringing it back over the course of Shadowlands, here's hoping they make do on that front because I also miss class armor something fierce.

Having said that, at least the mogs of Shadowlands are much better than BFA's fare thus far. The Necrolord and Torghast plate sets in particular look freaking amazing.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Did they clearly state no class sets yet again in Shadowlands? Because just because there aren't any in the first raid, doesn't mean none in upcoming raids after, because WoD and Legion also didn't have sets in the opening raid(s) until x.1 patch raid
    They said rsod sets will return just not in the first tier.

The art team seriously dropped the ball in BFA.

Every time I see that "expansion is good, but the art team is awesome" I think that BFA is an exception of that rule.
    The images whenever you enter any new zone are kinda blurred and less detailed compared to the old ones.
    The sets are hideous.
    Music is meh.
    Zones are not bad, but kinda bland and boring(especally the Nazmir, it makes me depressed every time I am there).

So yeah... Miss class armors.

I could not care less for tier set bonuses, but God, i miss class armor sets.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    They said rsod sets will return just not in the first tier.
    First tier raids did not have tier sets since MoP

5+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, they're always great for transmog and usually have fun set bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Uthan View Post
    Personally thought BFA had the best selection of mogs ever, especially with the bigger focus on armor outside of the raid tiers, so would much rather take this approach over class themed ones unless they can supply both. Rarely like the result when they try to force a tier theme together with a class aesthetic.
    I think me and you were playing 2 different Bfa's out of all the armor sets bfa had i thought they were maybe 1-2 good armor sets for each armor type
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    I want to look you in the eyes as your morals fly out the window. I want to watch the righteousness leave your eyes.

Honestly I was really burned out on class armor, with so many options from so many expansions. Differently themed armor is a welcome change of pace, especially stuff that I can take one look at and go "oh, that's BFA armor!" with the absolutely stunning heritage armor and warfront armor really blowing me away in particular.

Thing I most want kept from BFA: Progressive armor detailing with a matching color scheme and style. Warfront armor is so perfect in that regard with how you can mix/match the horde armor for how spiky you want it and it will always match.

Give me that and Legion's tendency for physics-enabled dangly parts everywhere and I am one happy transmogger.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-10-29 at 10:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I dread the idea of having to think about set bonuses ON TOP of all the Covenant insanity, legendaries, conduits, and so on. I hated the hell out of sets because most of the time they'd force me into a playstyle that I didn't find fun - and then I'd have to figure out whether a 15 ilvl upgrade is actually better than keeping a set bonus from the previous tier. It made me quit my Warrior mid-Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Uthan View Post
    I actually thought the total opposite. I think they really dropped the ball this expansion. I actually like trying to get transmogs at the end of expos for my alts, but I don’t like any of them, outside of warfronts, which are the exception and some of the best sets in the game IMO. Sucks you have to do warfronts though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    The art team seriously dropped the ball in BFA.

Every time I see that "expansion is good, but the art team is awesome" I think that BFA is an exception of that rule.
    The images whenever you enter any new zone are kinda blurred and less detailed compared to the old ones.
    The sets are hideous.
    Music is meh.
    Zones are not bad, but kinda bland and boring(especally the Nazmir, it makes me depressed every time I am there).

So yeah... Miss class armors.
    That usually means they were pressed for time. Probably not really their fault.

I wish they would do more special sets like the WoD S1 elite pvp sets

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblakoff View Post
    I could not care less for tier set bonuses, but God, i miss class armor sets.

First tier raids did not have tier sets since MoP
    They did drop looks from the tier sets though, not just actual tier pieces.

And I agree on the set bonuses. I just want class themed sets again.

Gonna clarify that I can go without tier bonuses, as long as they brought back the class designs. Having one set across the board for every class wearing that type of armor, makes for a REALLY boring max level appearance range. No wonder most transmog older stuff.

I understand why they did it, but i think they need to suck it up.we want to look like our class fantasy. Not, like the raid.

Honestly, the gear is very limited, and instead of trying to run away from the problem, they need to find new techniques that display different fabrics. All the other mmo's are doing it. Only wow is still running what are essentially texture pacs for your character with some 3D bits (mostly shoulders).

Lets see fabrics, lets see things like the coats not being glued to the legs. Heck, go look at FFXIV class sets from stormblood and shadowbringers. You will get tons of ideas.