Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is Watch Dogs Legion as lukewarm as it looks?

It looks like no proper protagonist really makes the game's story and mission variety suffer, but on the other hand the actual gameplay and sandbox looks good.

Well? Is it worth a buy? I loved WD2 but hated WD1.

I've heard from reliable people several ubisoft employees have asked to have their name removed from its credits which is all the warning signs i need, massive higher up sex criminal scandals aside.

WD2 was already terrible with all the hipster memery. Don't dare to think what they have done to 3...

10+ Year Old Account
    I am surprised Watchdogs is still a thing. I briefly played the first and I found it buggy and boring. I tried watching gameplays of the second and it was just a chore.

Maybe there is a charm to it that I cannot see

Ubisoft still makes games?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I've heard from reliable people several ubisoft employees have asked to have their name removed from its credits which is all the warning signs i need, massive higher up sex criminal scandals aside.
    Oh god, if people are asking to have their names removed from the end product, there's a shitshow buried somewhere nearby.

Always found the Watchdog games completely uninspiring and tedious.
    Played about an hour of the first one and got bored.
    Played about 10 minutes of the second and got a refund.

Watch a review of Legion and confirmed my above suspicions.
    Probably one of the most lacklustre AAA game franchise I've ever seen

Got my copy for free with my 3080.

It's ok - I like a lot of the ideas, but the execution isn't the best.

The world does feel pretty "alive" - which I think Ubisoft generally does quite well.

I wouldn't pay more than $35 for it, from my 4ish hours of playtime experience so far.

---

As a side note on what I've been doing:

Only 3 story missions.

Mostly been goofing on recruiting folks (who all appear to have their own recruitment missions).

The start of the game feels a bit rushed, story-wise. As we get an unknown "villain" immediately, but then they're not looked at much while the oppressive Albion group is present everywhere.
    More information on Albion early in the story would have made it better - otherwise you're walking around the world feeling like a newcomer, rather than a resident of London who wants to fight back.

Perhaps a mission or two pre-Albion dominating the city, so you could see the differences.
    Last edited by Sixnalia; 2020-10-31 at 03:55 PM.

Like with most Ubisoft games it looks like its for most part the same game as they always make in just another setting. I played some of the first Watch Dog and the hacking got old pretty fast. Haven't kept up with WD2 and 3, but watched some streams of the 3rd game.

London looks good but the rest its just generic Ubisoft gameplay repeated in every IP they own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    London looks good but the rest its just generic Ubisoft gameplay repeated in every IP they own.
    Lets grab that radiotower and conquer the nearby control point?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Yet you provide no source. So I'll assume you're lying.

I hope it's better than WD2. The forced hipster/meme shit was annoying, along with some locations to start the missions. Can it be street level? NO! Go up 40 stories, travel 3 city blocks, and then get the starting point from there.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I hope it's better than WD2. The forced hipster/meme shit was annoying, along with some locations to start the missions. Can it be street level? NO! Go up 40 stories, travel 3 city blocks, and then get the starting point from there.
    Haven't found much hipster/memery yet.

Underground functions as a fast travel - with decent pinpoints on your maps for knowing where to go for missions.

I like it more than WD2, but didn't find WD2 that great - so not a high bar.

But it is the classic Ubisoft dilemma of "great world, repetitive gameplay" so far - for me

I think it's alright. More of WD2 really, the third game is a little more silly though. It reminds me tonally of the Saint's Row games after the second one. Not totally but I can feel the Watch Dogs series headed toward absurd comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Ubisoft still makes games?
    They have plenty of popular titles called "Far Cry" "Assassins creed" "Rainbow six" and "The Division" so they will make things for a long time.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The game looks pretty milquetoast to me. The story narrative is dumb and like, there's nothing unique about the ending to the game, or the characters. It's also funny how Ubisoft tried to play it up as some woke progressive game, and it really isn't. They tried to play it up to the revolutionist LARPing Twitter idiots and it wasn't even close to what was advertised.

I also got laugh out of how they depicted a games journalist in the game, which was pretty much a depiction of the atypical Kotaku blogger, rather than someone who actually takes gaming seriously. That was pretty funny.

Hasn't every watch dogs game been lukewarm?
    Honestly, i'm surprised they are still making sequels.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was hyped as hell when they announced WD1, sadly it was pretty shit. Couldn't get myself to play much of WD2 for reasons posters above have already said.

Not sure I'll bother with this one. That aside, I do feel Ubisoft is one of the better studios out there. Thoroughly enjoyed many Assassin Creed games, and the 2 Division games have been pretty fun as well.

It's a barely above average game, plagued with mediocre optimization for the time being.

Has the one-trick-pony gameplay gimmick that actually works well and it's enjoyable, but I wouldn't advise a full price purchase, especially for the time being.