Poll: Does MMO-C Reposting Ghostcrawler Tweets about WoW make You miss him?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    Yes, quite the contrary infact. If you had said bfa, i might have given you that, but SL is shaping to be one of the better expansions both lorewise and storywise since Pandaria. And yes, I believe that they are at their best when they explore new frontiers and tie them into the lore instead of trying to piece together an expansion from existing stuff while trying to not retcon and/or break the whole thing. But that is just my opinion.
    except theres nothing to explore here. Forcing people to do the same content 4x for the full story (it never actually changes) is not the apex of story telling. None of the zones even have compelling stories. The maw is trash, bastion is the most basic, boring nonsense they have ever written. Their entire mantra is basically if it looks good the people will think it is good. If that were the case Valsharah wouldnt have been the worst zone in legion

Don't care I'm not stupid or edgy enough to blame one person for the development of game let alone a mmorpg.

All these kids in here crying over ghostcrawler or ion is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    He was right, if you were bottom DPS as a DK you were not playing it right.

Source: Me.
    in siege of orgrimmar if you were toping your guilds damage meter its because your guild sucked..i topped my guilds damage...doesnt mean they were in a good state during siege...warcraftlogs data had unholy and frost as the two bottom dps specs. just cause you did wlel in a shitty guild doesnt mean they were good.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    in siege of orgrimmar if you were toping your guilds damage meter its because your guild sucked..i topped my guilds damage...doesnt mean they were in a good state during siege...warcraftlogs data had unholy and frost as the two bottom dps specs. just cause you did wlel in a shitty guild doesnt mean they were good.
    idk about that. Our DK was top 5 on half the fights I'd reckon back in SoO, and our guild was far from being bad. In ToT iirc he was generally top 3-5. Maybe he was the anomaly, but great DKs were great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    There was a BlizzCon back in the day where he introduced himself on stage and said he is a fan of "nerfing Ret Paladins into the ground" and it always stuck out to me.
    Always amused when people are still taking seriously stuff that was meant as an ironic joke from years ago.

No, I don't miss Greg Street. I won't miss the current crew either when they move along. They will be replaced by someone else who will suddenly become the worst thing that ever happened to the game.

It's human nature.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

GC can be a bit snarky at times but he is still miles better as lead compared to Ion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

The cycle of Blizzard. Hate every developer until they are gone. If they have a new job run around an tell everyone how you miss them and current Blizz Team is the worst.... until those leave to start something else. Also pretend, that poeple changing jobs is something new....

And no i don't miss him. I have no opinion on him at all other than he being someone who talks about wow sometimes, get featuered on wowhead for it, constantly TELLS people his opinion should not be taken as the ultimate fact and people still doing exactly that.

Ghostwalker wasn't very good, but Ion and his team are atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    because he isnt willing to admit that the playerbase is why we are where we are at today. gotta find a scapegoat.
    This, so much.

What do we want? "incoherent screeching"
    When do we want it? "NOW!"

The worst way to get a customer what he needs (or enjoys playing in this case), is asking what he wants and acting on that.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What do you mean by "yet" and "often posted on the frontpage"? Yeah, he was featured recently...but it was ages that we heard anything from him before that. You had 6 years to miss him...and basically when MMO-C was still posting his tweets and thoughts, ppl here went "WTF is this...he left, stop humouring him, he killed WoW"

Ofc now Ion is killing WoW and before GC the guy in charge was killing WoW
    Well, it might be something else killing wow, not this specific post in the company. But since this post makes the person the most visible, guess who gets the blame for sh*tty decisions chasing pure profit over quality of the game.

Since his tweets or often posted on the front page here about this thoughts on the game - that he has had nothing to do with for 7 years - I wonder if these often-posted-tweets are making some of the MMO-C population miss him.

The most recent details his experience leveling a Retribution Paladin in the pre-patch. I thought he hated Retribution spec at one point? There was a BlizzCon back in the day where he introduced himself on stage and said he is a fan of "nerfing Ret Paladins into the ground" and it always stuck out to me.

Do you guys miss Ghostcrawler?
    I don't miss him, he's not gone. He currently work for Riot Games and are doing a fine job there. I just love his way of communicating with the players. Stright to the point, no fluffyness or round edges. This is why, this is how etc. He does not try to please everyone with his post but he does not ignore the other side either. Gotta love that.

When it comes to WoW it would've been cool to see him (a long with many others, Bashiok etc) sticking around but the current generation of employees are great as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I always liked Greg. He's really the first leader within Blizzard that tried to establish regularly open communication with players. It's just a shame he was gagged by the higher-ups when he basically told the players to "git gud" during the Cataclysm launch because a lot of players who were used to rushing through easy dungeons in WotLk couldn't figure out how to do Cataclysm dungeons all of a sudden.
    Agreed!

However, didn't he later say that that wasn't right to say and that it doesn't work that way? I remember something along those lines. Players didn't raise to the occation but instead quit. Probably because it was a too steep learning experience. More people will learn if the steps are small and steady because they might not really notice it.

I loved the WotLK dungeons at launch. Was as fun as doing m0 the first week after BFA release being some 270 ilvl not knowing anything about most dungeons.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Hm...I have never seen GC or Ion get blamed for "chasing pure profit" - that is either vaguely "Bli$$ard" "Activision" or "Bobby Kotik"

And the "chasing pure profit over quality" is still hilarious to me. Says more about the people who are willing to fork over more money for less quality.

People need to stop whining how shit games make the most money and go support the quality games. Because just like with movies and quality food, apparently the quality stuff dies a quick death because the majority wants something else most of the time.

Oh..and by the way...that majority that consumes junk will never admit that they eat shit.
    Well, ppl dont blame him/them specifically for Blizzard's scammy or shady practices, but its clearly visible that the money goes into advertisement and lawyers to rip off ppl playing in advance over investing into having a decent game. Everything Blizz does or says is a clear indicator. Obviously the final results for us customers arent there and I just smile everytime I see ppl asking for wow going f2p with micros not understanding it would ruin the entire profits for blizz, because that would mean ppl pay after they try it.
    I personally dont support blizz games at all. I bought this expansion, because PoE, which is my main game got delayed, corona closed every fun here and I quit this poe league early too, so i would be super bored for a long time, however I feel bad already for supporting this company. I see the reasons I quit long time ago already all over this game. Its just sad.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    The most recent details his experience leveling a Retribution Paladin in the pre-patch. I thought he hated Retribution spec at one point? There was a BlizzCon back in the day where he introduced himself on stage and said he is a fan of "nerfing Ret Paladins into the ground" and it always stuck out to me.
    You realize he was joking, right?

He worked for Blizzard for 5 years as a team lead.
    He hasn't been working for Blizzard for 7 years now.

Nearly a decade ago he enjoyed garnering attention with long design posts... So that makes him relevant even today I guess. I'm not sure if he is really such an icon on people's minds of it just shows how desperate gamers are for someone to care.

Also his design direction, the "homogenization" was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu...ting.tier16_25

Sorry to break this to you buddy but you were just awful at playing DK back then if you even did. DK was perhaps not as strong as they were in ToT but they sure as hell weren't bottom DPS. If you were, you sucked, the end.

Damn..seems their "scammy or shady practices" even worked on you - although you have seen through it all (and there are other games..even MMOs...even free...to try while your game is delayed)
    Blizzard: *is a company that tries to make money*

Mmoc posters: greedy blizz omg scummy company

Also mmoc: willingly gives blizzard $15 a month and $60 every 2 years

ALSO mmoc again: scummy blizzard greedy company

Missed him ever since WoD. MoP class design was the best and peak class design.

Nah...only memory is him trying to justify putting mages counterspell on GCD while everyone kept on explaining why it would be a bad idea and why it was a bad idea. Got scrapped after a while with him saying that they had been persuaded when in fact that after it was implemented they realised how mage got ruined in pvp. To me he is not better than what people claim devs are doing today, which is not listening and then revert when their changes are finally put into action.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I still remember his epic rant in Cata. People complained that heroic dungeons in WotLK were too easy. So he made them hard in Cata. Then came the tears. It was glorious. People creating I quit threads everywhere. And then came the rant essentially telling people that they got what they wanted and to git gud. And then he came out and said "you guys are too shit.
    He was right though. Players WERE shit and HAD TO git gud. But they didnt so retail WoW became the abomination it is now.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B