Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    After reading the title I expected this thread to be about the Hunter ability Lonewolf :-)

I still have friends I made over 10 years ago, which I met in a guild playing WoW.

I do agree when you get into a good guild it's fantastic but I think my 'proper' guild days are now behind me, I'm too old and grumpy to deal with the commitment and drama that comes along with every guild.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you are making 1 mistaken base assumption

most of people playing wow now dont need or want to make new friends.

we are statisticaly 30 + and busy with our lives - we dont need online friends.
    Any statistics on this?I play with a group of people and we are 18-35 range, most being mid 20s
    Playing with a know group and hanging out on discord is 100 times better and more fun than be doing pugs. Solo is ok if you don't seek endgame

"I have the solution for people lonely and unhappy"

"you're wrong, I'm not lonely"

then why are you replying to this thread
    how did you read the title and think this applied to you

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope one day I can find a guild to make friends in but most of the guilds I get into are full of a bunch of "fake" people who pretend to be nice and interested in socializing with other guildmates and then a week later they're gone, as in they never come back on again and eventually the 500+ member guild dies.

Also I have this personal problem where it's difficult for me to make new friends. I guess it's the commitment to staying touch with the person. My thing is I'm at a point in life where I don't want to waste time on people. I don't want to spend years of my life hanging out with the person and getting to really know them and then years later they turn out to be huge douchebags and all that laughter and "fun" we had was all just a waste and meaningless.

I guess there's no real way to know what a person will be like unless to get to know them and just be friends with them but I just hate the process and wondering if this person will be an actual friend or a fake. It's why I just rather play alone. No attachments, no commitments, no worry. I just hop on, do what I want, and get off.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    ......okay.

I don’t even know what you are trying to discuss. Are you asking a question?
    It looks like a PSA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Didnt you posted a while ago that you were leaving mmo-champion forever while also shitting on the mods?
    Unfortunately the people who do that never actually stay gone.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Ummm
    *raises hand*
    Lonewolf here.
    Not..unhappy either, so perhaps not applying to me.

But posting just because I think I represented the "other side."

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    Early Cata is where 99% of my IRL friends noped out of the game and I decided to create a personal solo guild just for my own characters, mainly for the perks and extra bank space. I despise raiding and PvP, so I really haven't missed out on much by not being in a guild with others.
    I do this as it'sa good way to get people to stop annoying you with 'join' whispers, and its a good way to keep all your alts in one place. If you know four people who also play (and are able to sign your charter), its easy to make a guild as well.

And if you know any friends who play on your server, they can join too
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Didnt you posted a while ago that you were leaving mmo-champion forever while also shitting on the mods?
    He sure did: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ever-MMO-Champ
    The funniest jokes on MMO-Champ in order: (This signature is not calling out anyone in SPECIFIC and is thus not breaking any rules)
    1: All the moderators that does not know how to handle this webpage.
    2: Whoever set up the auto-bot that does not know the rules.
    3: The rules and guidelines themselves.
    Speaking of jokes:https://i.imgur.com/MaBzzAR.png

I was with a guild of folks I knew for years from other online gaming, from TBC to Pandaland, but the GM passed away, and she was the linchpin, so it fell apart.

Found a new one I liked in WoD, but apparently I wasn't a good fit because they all server transferred in Legion while neglecting to tell me.

Since then I've just given up trying to find a guild and I'm content to play solo, I don't have the time I used to anyway, so its probably for the best. I'm starting to think SL might be it for me.

No one's ever really gone.....Luke Skywalker

Sadly i don't have alot of friends who play world of warcraft as my friends don't game :P

As a lone wolf myself, I actually had the excuse of being invested in RP to the point of finding a guild more centered around that over one devoted to actual content like PvP or raiding. I actually prefer guilds with fewer, more tightly-knit communities - around 25-50 people depending on the size - over giant amalgamations of people - talking 100-200+ here - because I've been a part of both, and when it comes to the latter, you end up feeling so meaningless and insignificant without any close friends that you might as well not even be in the guild in the first place.

My best experiences in WoW were from 2014-2015 and 2018, both being periods when I was a major part of closely-knit RP guilds. I had in-game friends whom I talked to on a regular basis, and it was nice. However, in both cases, my relationships with those guilds came to an end due to internal drama, and after I no longer had anyone to talk to in-game, WoW became a bleak and miserable experience.

I haven't been a part of any RP guilds since before BfA launched, and to be honest, I'm kind of afraid to. The thought of building up all those relationships with people only to have it come crashing down after a few months doesn't seem like an ultimately beneficial experience. So it really comes down to being torn between being alone and without toxicity or finding a group of friends and risking having that taken away from you after just a short time, which sucks.

As a side-tangent, I think both myself and other players in the game have become seriously hindered by social anxiety in the past few years. I remember back in 2012-2013 - when I first started taking the game seriously as both a player and an RPer - I played Horde-side Moon Guard, which was fairly small at the time, but as a result, everyone on that server pretty much knew one another from interactions at the Wyvern's Tail - the in-game bar in the Valley of Honor - regardless of whether or not you had a guild to call your own. Whenever you dropped by, either you would strike up a conversation with someone, or they'd strike up a conversation with you.

In recent years, that same community kind of fizzled out as a number of Horde players migrated to Wyrmrest Accord. I tried replicating that feeling over on Alliance, but it just wasn't the same. Not only was MG's Alliance community separated into two major RP hubs instead of just one - Mage Quarter and Cathedral Square - but there just wasn't this same feeling of everyone knowing eachother; at least, not from what I could see during my time there.

I'm rambling at this point, but my point is that not having people to play an MMO with defeats the entire purpose of the game, and the fact that Blizzard has slowly been conditioning players to do just that with the likes of Garrisons and Order Halls isn't helping in the slightest

There is nothing inherently bad most people in this topic needs to find a decent single-player RPG, the only bad thing is that Blizzard is more and more designing content around them.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    This is why I'm not thrilled with wow game design where you're forced into group content in order to do fundamental parts of the game. One example was the Pride of Kul Tiras campaign that required doing 4 different dungeons. Another one is the BfA mission table upgrades where the 3rd tier upgrade requires doing Island Expeditions. Same for profession quests that require you to do dungeons.

Sometimes I'm in the mood for grouping, sometimes not. Obviously the higher tier max level content will always require being in groups. But when group requirements are put in more basic tasks I find that annoying. And the worst part is that you end up having these group requirements on every alt.

Depends on the kind of game you are playing,for wow you playing with friends is a clear bonus,its not strong enough to stand on its own like some singleplayer games can

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    As a lone wolf myself, I actually had the excuse of being invested in RP to the point of finding a guild more centered around that over one devoted to actual content like PvP or raiding. I actually prefer guilds with fewer, more tightly-knit communities - around 25-50 people depending on the size - over giant amalgamations of people - talking 100-200+ here - because I've been a part of both, and when it comes to the latter, you end up feeling so meaningless and insignificant without any close friends that you might as well not even be in the guild in the first place.

My best experiences in WoW were from 2014-2015 and 2018, both being periods when I was a major part of closely-knit RP guilds. I had in-game friends whom I talked to on a regular basis, and it was nice. However, in both cases, my relationships with those guilds came to an end due to internal drama, and after I no longer had anyone to talk to in-game, WoW became a bleak and miserable experience.

I haven't been a part of any RP guilds since before BfA launched, and to be honest, I'm kind of afraid to. The thought of building up all those relationships with people only to have it come crashing down after a few months doesn't seem like an ultimately beneficial experience. So it really comes down to being torn between being alone and without toxicity or finding a group of friends and risking having that taken away from you after just a short time, which sucks.

As a side-tangent, I think both myself and other players in the game have become seriously hindered by social anxiety in the past few years. I remember back in 2012-2013 - when I first started taking the game seriously as both a player and an RPer - I played Horde-side Moon Guard, which was fairly small at the time, but as a result, everyone on that server pretty much knew one another from interactions at the Wyvern's Tail - the in-game bar in the Valley of Honor - regardless of whether or not you had a guild to call your own. Whenever you dropped by, either you would strike up a conversation with someone, or they'd strike up a conversation with you.

In recent years, that same community kind of fizzled out as a number of Horde players migrated to Wyrmrest Accord. I tried replicating that feeling over on Alliance, but it just wasn't the same. Not only was MG's Alliance community separated into two major RP hubs instead of just one - Mage Quarter and Cathedral Square - but there just wasn't this same feeling of everyone knowing eachother; at least, not from what I could see during my time there.

I'm rambling at this point, but my point is that not having people to play an MMO with defeats the entire purpose of the game, and the fact that Blizzard has slowly been conditioning players to do just that with the likes of Garrisons and Order Halls isn't helping in the slightest
    I agree with both your points you so eloquently put.

1) Small Guilds are better for a more personal interaction with individuals
    2) I also feel like in WoW people stopped interacting in the world. This is completely different in my Guild Wars 2 server. People speak up and start "social events" all the freaking time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Hi

I've spent many years playing WoW solo without any friends and thats not even the saddest part.
    The saddest part is that i was afraid to interact with other people and refused to get out of my bubble.
    I now know what i was missing because fate made me cross paths with a group of incredible people i very much enjoy.

If you asked me before if i was unhappy with my World of Warcraft play sessions i would reply with "absolutely not"
    But this is only because i didnt know what i was missing.

A Guild

I know...so far this is the stupiddest thread you've ever seen...but give me a sec to explain myself

You are not joining a "guild"
    You are joining a group of people and possibly, dare i say it, make friends.
    You are joining a discord group with people to talk to and share ideas everyday

So whats my suggestion?

Embark on an adventure to find the perfect, not guild, but "group of people"
    It wont be easy and chances are it wont be at first try.
    In my case, i think it was on my...4th attempt?

So yeah...good luck out there.

----------

You can also discuss how important is for you to have a Guild or a group of people to interact with on your WoW sessions
    Friends are good,but people can be a bother.
    I'm happy you found a guild you enjoy, but keep in mind that social groups serve a purpose whereas friends can genuinely simply be.

More simply: If your guild is nice, then it's a good idea to stick with it. If it's not then it'd be an improvement to leave and be alone.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

There is something wrong with you if you prefer to play WoW as a solo game imo.
    yes this was a bait-phrase, but seriously:

There are many more enjoyable fantasy/rpg games out there for that with a lot higher potential (just look at skyrim+mods), the interesting thing and where WoW peaks is the multiplayer aspect for sure.

"Are you unhappy because you have nobody to play WoW with?

Have you considered finding people to play WoW with?"

G R O U N D B R E A K I N G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

@Skirdus

I just want to tell this GW2 story sorry in advance (so very sorry)
    I was ERP'ing in the 2nd floor of a bar in a city.
    2 players walk in on the 1st floor, they spot us and spy on us through the walls.

Me, with my shirt off, start RP walking to 1 of the players.
    He backpaddles for a long time....until he hits the wall...in a realistic manner, just as if it was real life (>_<)
    At this point he panics and teleports away.

We laughed so much because of how realistic his backpaddle was until he hit the wall pahahah