Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    housing in WoW is not needed. Quit asking for it. Move on.

Hmf...you still have a farm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Thank god I never suggested owning propety means you would want player housing. If I had, you'd have owned me!

You should tell that to the other guy. I never suggested it was special. I'm thinking you quoted the wrong person at this point.

Or how about talking about the 500 shares of Apple stock my Grandfather gifted me when I graduated high school in 1986. Bought my first house with that. But this is out of context. My comment was relevant to the quote I was responding to.
    That's not bragging though, that's actually pretty sweet. Be careful though, there's a difference to being fortunate and get a lot of money than working hard for it. I'd imagine saving up for that special house and finally getting enough is a nice feeling than just buying whichever you could with money you inherited, won, etc etc.

Think I more so responded to the wrong person yep. Oh well. How 'bout that election though!
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Personally I'm pretty glad Blizzard hasn't wasted any resources on Housing.

Yeah because it is super great that they spent resources on some crappy conduits and covenants. >.>
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

We are just fine without it.. why do we need it?

Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    No more bananas than WoW not having Myspace and Geocities intergration
    haha.. they did put in that selfie cam though during the infamous patch..

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Yeah because it is super great that they spent resources on some crappy conduits and covenants. >.>
    Honestly? Yeah, it is. I see myself having fun with Covenants, I do NOT see myself enjoying housing.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Do you people not have Garrisons?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Honestly? Yeah, it is. I see myself having fun with Covenants, I do NOT see myself enjoying housing.

You are about to be damn disappointed. As someone who is in Beta, the covenants are NOT all that. One Covenant is better then them all, and one covenant got nerfed so bad that it is just pitiful. So if you think by far the covenants are all that, I hate to tell you or bust your bubble you are going to be disappointed. Now Blizz may buff them later on or after launch depending on things. But let's be real; Blizz LOVES to nerf things to the point that it sucks, and they suck ALL the ass in the world when it comes to balancing things
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

You are about to be damn disappointed. As someone who is in Beta, the covenants are NOT all that. One Covenant is better then them all, and one covenant got nerfed so bad that it is just pitiful. So if you think by far the covenants are all that, I hate to tell you or bust your bubble you are going to be disappointed. Now Blizz may buff them later on or after launch depending on things. But let's be real; Blizz LOVES to nerf things to the point that it sucks, and they suck ALL the ass in the world when it comes to balancing things
    Thank you for telling me your opinion but I have beta as well. I hope you find some enjoyment in them like I will.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

If they do anything like Final Fantasy, good luck buying a house.

No.

/10char
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

I'm not going to accuse Blizz of anything with regard to actual player housing since I do not have any facts, evidence, or dev posts to back up my claims. Hopefully they are not dead set against housing since it kinda worked when it came to our little phased farm in Pandaria. Sam principal, just enclosed and make it decorative. Would I like to see player housing? Sure. Me and at least 20 roleplayers I know. Are our voices enough to make it happen? Not really. I do hope they reconsider at least testing it small scale at some point. Garrisons were a decent first step, but felt more like a base in WC3 and less like a Gilnean home in Bradensbrook where my Worgen Druid could invite company for a dinner party.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

They stole the starting zone from Everquest 2, they might as well steal the housing too EQ2 has some of the best housing in gaming imo

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    if you want a housing system, then the Sims 4 is waiting for you.
    Not a very helpful or contributive sort are ya? We're talking about World of Warcraft.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Nice Strawman fallacy bud.

Conduits and Covenants are important. Power systems which exist in only one expansion are important. Else you end up with a WoD like scenario, where classes lose like 1/3 or more of their spells. People need to get something new each expansion, but that works only if have only a few expansions or if also remove stuff again.

And on topic. I really do not understand what housing contributes. I've seen it in many games, but i really did not like any iteration, and it was mostly annoying to deal with it, because it offered free stuff, like free crafting mats to pick up, meaning you kinda felt bad for not doing it.
    Having it purely a side thing, like pets, would be ok I guess. The issue here is, pets were developed by literally one guy. I doubt housing could be done by one person. And probably they also want to pass as much time as possible between their next housing attempt and garrisons.

Not everyone is after power. We are after all discussing a (probably) purely cosmetic feature.
    Yes, Blizzard has a tedency to overnerf stuff, but in case of a talent it is wide spread tactic. If you have x op talent for 5 months, and everyone used it. You nerf it, and make people play other builds. I'd say that is not so bad. Covenants are something different, and last time we had something similar (Legion) only rogues got fucked due to some really broken stuff. Huge balancing changes were done between tiers (arti weps and legendaries) and not at the start of a tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    And i help out by telling him a game where it is appropriate with a housing system
    Yeah, because who has EVER seen an RPG with a housing system?

This again? They tried it once... It's called Garrisons, it failed miserably.. You can still go to it, thats your house, go have fun with it

Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    Imagine caring this much about a virtual apartment in a video game.
    I agree lastime i checked owning my real house in real life is 1000% better then owning one in a fake world.

Garrisons are pretty much housing to me. Sure, it would be nice to have more than one option in terms of the location, but honestly, I can live with it