Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    No joke. Depending on the xmog I pay 100 x the amount you suggested.

For something like this I sell my kidney and pay what Blizzard can order without problems:

Seriously man ... imagine this one totally full black. "Sorry wife, I don't need sex anymore"
    It would look shit in all-black because you'd lose a lot of the contrast and you'd just see the outline. There's a reason they don't tend to make truly all-black gear sets.

Also you don't want sex anymore because you're just going to fap to your purchased armor set? Or you don't need sex anymore because when she finds out you sold an organ for some pixels in a game she's going to leave you?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    This is a pretty shit thing to do, especially when it doesn't impact the game at all.
    It was their group so it was up to them, personally I probably wouldnt go as far as kicking people from groups, but maybe /point & /laugh.

But I much prefer they put the effort into making things achievable by playing the game rather than putting it on the shop behind $$$
    Last edited by Baneto; 2020-11-09 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    To me, it doesnt matter because I'm someone who believes you can buy it with in game wow tokens - I get the other side saying "WELL SOMEONE BUYS THOSE TOKENS" sure that's the case but think about this: most of you play wow completely free you buy month tokens with gold, expansions with gold, hearthstone packs and expansions with gold, like I get it you buy the max tokens allowed.. but the situation is deeper with Blizzard and Activision trying to buy those extra YACHTS right ;D
    I think you severely overestimate the amount of gold available to "most" players. It's a rare person that funds his entire WoW playtime through in-game gold.

Well the set would have to be beyond amazing to outweigh the possible outrage of players feeling they got shafted with whatever raid set is in closest proximity.

Armor sets also take significantly more work than even the most ostentatious mounts or pets, which means it would take more work than 2 or 3 almost completely unique mounts.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    No joke. Depending on the xmog I pay 100 x the amount you suggested.

For something like this I sell my kidney and pay what Blizzard can order without problems:

Seriously man ... imagine this one totally full black. "Sorry wife, I don't need sex anymore"
    What has that got to do with having sex with a female? Hetero’s, sometimes I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    This is Blizzard. They won't sell anything in the store below 25 bucks.
    My point tbh. They’d make much, much more if they really lowered the price on future cosmetic items. One set for the cost of an expansion is so, so not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Chill out there. No need for all the venom and cursing bud.

I'm not trying to push a narrative. In fact if you recall I was responding to another poster who was essentially doing what you're so upset about anyway. Strange that you've targeted the (supposed) second offenders trying to correct the initial 'offender'.

At this point, all I'm doing is trying to get you to be realistic instead of behaving like Super-Smarty-3000. Humility and honesty go a lot farther than a puffed up chest.
    My mistake was simply not using the words "I'm pretty sure" in my opener which upset you to begin with.

Of course your tirade has only made me a little more sure that I'm not completely in the wrong. I mean if people as violently-charged as you hold those beliefs, hey I'm gonna skip on that and go with the gut-feelings I had initially, free of spite.

And then gladly take the fall when the Blizzard Staff answers come down miraculously from Heaven to vindicate your grand crusade.
    The guy claiming the know exactly who and how they are working on something is attempting to tell me to be realistic....

How far does your head have to be up your own rear to come to this point? Neck? Shoulders?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Selling transmogs for money would require them to create good looking sets first.

There aren't any sets in this game that would warrant paying for them with real money. The game engine can barely handle sets that look better than poorly textured spandex.
    basically, this. I would buy them if they looked very good but i'm not sure if the engine even allows for the quality i'd be willing to shell dough out for. there'd probably also need to be dye channels to get some extra mileage out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlord Anrakyr View Post
    Honestly...like...deadly honestly...the only transmogs I would ever buy from the store would be slutmogs. I really don't care about anything else.
    Or that. That I could get behind. FFS i feel like i'm stuck with vanilla gear if want my mail/plate wearers to show a little midriff.

Yes, I would buy xmog if it looked amazing and I felt the price was justified for me. I don't think I'd spend $25 on a transmog/outfit because that's too much, in my opinion. I have the Sprite Darter set from having a 6mo sub and to be honest, if they keep doing bonuses for the 6mo subs, I will continue getting 6mo because that extra value for money feels great to me - even if I don't particularly like the thing that you get for free, I am still really grateful for it.
    I think Blizzard would be fine to expand the transmog part of their store if they want to, I'm sure the artists have lots of ideas that would make them some serious profit!
    I'd be okay with the price point that GW2 sets for outfits/armour, but if Blizzard made it so that each piece was individually transmog'able (like the Sprite Darter Set) then that's a big win for me and I'd be absolutely down with that. For those that don't know; GW2's "outfits" are not per-slot-transmogable. Something around the £8ish point. On par with battle pet pricing, which if anything can give an ingame advantage (I'm not aware of the meta but they are part of a competitive aspect of the game, so technically buying one could give an advantage).

I don't understand why people have to make blizzard's business models as a personal affront. Even less so do I understand why kicking somebody from a group because of how they've chosen to spend their own money is okay... Like so many others have said; people who kick because of store purchases need to have a long hard think about their priorities in life... It makes me happy to see people enjoying their characters and having fun with it, even if it's not something I'd do; I don't kick people from a group for having a PvP title, gear or mount, even if I am really not a fan of it, that would be spiteful, crazy and plain toxic. More power to the people who find The Joy.

Orrrrrrr!

Like I been saying for months make nice transmogs BOEs. (Bind on Equip gear) That way it moves the AH/market. People might go out of their way to purchase the gear with wowtokens/gold currency system and people find a nice way to make some ingame currency too. So it's really a win-win situation. Can I please have nice flowing gowns now? With slits, cut outs etc you name it. Make sure they flowing tho please.

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    The guy claiming the know exactly who and how they are working on something is attempting to tell me to be realistic....

How far does your head have to be up your own rear to come to this point? Neck? Shoulders?
    Keep up, I've renounced to you, your majesty. Now you can't even accept that? Still too full of spite and anger, feeling the need to desperately lash out with attempted insults in the wake of a dying case?

You're just putting out false accusations now, as I am not claiming to know exactly who and how they are working on something.
    Apparently I just have a lot more confidence in our ability as Humans to Intuit than you do. Nothing more nothing less really.

Hope you find Love instead of Cynicism soon.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    My point tbh. They’d make much, much more if they really lowered the price on future cosmetic items. One set for the cost of an expansion is so, so not worth it.
    100% agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    It would look shit in all-black because you'd lose a lot of the contrast and you'd just see the outline. There's a reason they don't tend to make truly all-black gear sets.
    There is no MMO where you lose something if you paint armor black. When you paint something black ... the light is still reflected.
    It looks like this:

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    you don't want sex anymore because you're just going to fap to your purchased armor set? Or you don't need sex anymore because when she finds out you sold an organ for some pixels in a game she's going to leave you?
    "Everything in this life is Pixels"
    _Morpheus - Matrix

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    After the crapfest of BFA transmogs I'd hope they don't do it, as it just means anything interesting will be store wise. Does anyone remember WoD having about 7 Boar recolours and all the interesting mounts went on the Store? Not a fan of it, as I think it will negatively affect transmogs in the rest of the game. The post above me makes me thing of the WoD Season 1 Elite Warrior set (transformer set). It's amazing, one the coolest sets the game has had and imagine instead of Blizzard putting it as a PVP reward they add it the store.

I understood the attitude of people kicking those with the helms back in MoP. It was to prove a point. I've already seen people being spat on wearing the Fae set. Hopefully the community sends a message.

For the record, I do buy the Store items but use WoWTokens paid with gold. I don't like the Store however, I'd rather have the option to earn these rewards in game by doing content but for me they're gold sinks. I haven't paid for my main account with IRL money for years now beyond physical CE.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

You're just putting out false accusations now, as I am not claiming to know exactly who and how they are working on something.
    It's the same team that designs/creates the armor though. Queue the "shop transmog costing us a tier" but not the Raidzone kind, the transmog kind.
    Yeah silly me putting words in your mouth.

Im a simple man, all i want is the fucking tuxedo as a 24/7/365 transmog, nothing shinny, nothing grandiose, thats it

Yeah silly me putting words in your mouth.
    While ignoring anything pertinent to my statement there, yes. Silly you. :\ Sorry.

Blinders on? Or intentional mis-representation of history?
    Little thing called past vs present, and if you put timestamps with those quotes you'd know what I mean.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    For Azeroth!

I wouldn't buy it. I've bought a few mounts and pets and I find myself never using them. I switch transmogs almost every week, sometimes up to a few times a day, so buying one would certainly be a waste.

While ignoring anything pertinent to my statement there, yes. Silly you. :\ Sorry.

Blinders on? Or intentional mis-representation of history?
    Little thing called past vs present, and if you put timestamps with those quotes you'd know what I mean.
    There’s nothing to ignore from this statement my dude, it’s just you making shit up what are you seriously on about? Lol.

There’s nothing to ignore from this statement my dude, it’s just you making shit up what are you seriously on about? Lol.
    I'm not about to quote myself and waste forum space going in circles. You seem capable of reading, and are just ignoring the parts where I gave you what you so crave.

Go back and read our conversation, and you'll see that your continued pursuit is unfounded.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    For Azeroth!

If it's something I enjoy, then yes. I've already bought mounts that I enjoyed (Very few) and if they release well designed and amazing transmog (That isn't the Fae armor [It's fine, but not for $20]). However I still stand by my statement that they need to introduce a way to buy cash-shop items without gold farming.