Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    Why wasn't he with Sylvanas already? After all he is already an Undead, he shouldn't have any trouble getting to the Shadowlands without being killed again.

Or if he indeed has to die to get there, does that mean that Jaina, Anduin, Thrall and all the other leaders(apart from the Maw Walkers) died and ended up in the Maw? Are they dead for good? Will we be able to bring them back to Azeroth once the fiasco is over?

I hope Blizzard thought this through more than one angle.
    It's explained in the "Shadow's Rising" book. He failed overthrowing Talanji and killing Bwonsamdi, so she basically told him to fuck off and not to follow her.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Kill steal, I did prety much all the work, stole my kill... Our characters seem pointless even more now, just wait for -insert big npc- to do everything for us..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Undead don't need to breathe, right? She should've called Malfurion and had him bury Nathanos alive like he did to that orc in the Darkshore cinematic. An eternity spent under the dirt would be a fitting punishment for a literal piece of filth.
    better yet, she could have chopped his limbs off, had Malfurion embed seeds into his torso, and grow a damn tree out of him to use his body as sustenance for all eternity.

Better Night Elf ending than any idiot at blizzard could come up with right there.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what I think too. Also, isn't there like a river of souls going to the Maw, where each soul is indistinguishable, powerless, and screaming in agony? I assume Nathanos' soul will be joining them. So he will return to the Maw... but as a powerless, tormented, indistinguishable soul... not exactly what he planned.
    I can see Sylvanas picking his soul out and "Saving" him, giving him to the Jailer like "More Anima, Master? This one is strong." and eventually using him for her own power all too late for him to realize how big of a simp he was for her.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

That was the most flacid revenge kill I have ever seen in any media.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I can see Sylvanas picking his soul out and "Saving" him, giving him to the Jailer like "More Anima, Master? This one is strong." and eventually using him for her own power all too late for him to realize how big of a simp he was for her.
    I would NOT be surprised if this is the focus of the "cinematic" with the Jailer that seems to be happening. Maybe it will feature the Jailer breaking Nathanos into energy.

Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    Why wasn't he with Sylvanas already? After all he is already an Undead, he shouldn't have any trouble getting to the Shadowlands without being killed again.

Or if he indeed has to die to get there, does that mean that Jaina, Anduin, Thrall and all the other leaders(apart from the Maw Walkers) died and ended up in the Maw? Are they dead for good? Will we be able to bring them back to Azeroth once the fiasco is over?

I hope Blizzard thought this through more than one angle.
    You're overthinking it. Nathanos was left behind to kill Bwonsamdi and failed.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Undead don't need to breathe, right? She should've called Malfurion and had him bury Nathanos alive like he did to that orc in the Darkshore cinematic. An eternity spent under the dirt would be a fitting punishment for a literal piece of filth.
    Unless something changed since wrath they need to breathe but only like one breath every few weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    very nice. thanks for link

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Unless something changed since wrath they need to breathe but only like one breath every few weeks.
    When was that ever mentioned? They do not need to breathe, eat, drink or sleep. There was an entire squadron of Forsaken soldiers that joined the crazed orc warlock in Jade Forest because they were the only ones who survived capsizing, because they could just sink to the bottom and walk ashore.

EDIT: They *feel* the need to breathe, but don't actually need to do so. "Forsaken do feel the need to breathe, though they can last at least a dozen days without taking a fresh breath of air.[91] As they are undead, they don't need air to live,[92] and Forward Commander Onslaught claims that he can no longer breathe.[93] This also means it is impossible for them to drown.[94] Most Forsaken speak normally by forcing air through their dead lungs,[95] but some have to speak through magical means due to having harmed jaws.[96]" - https://wow.gamepedia.com/Forsaken#Culture_and_people
    Last edited by Venziir; 2020-11-10 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It's explained in the "Shadow's Rising" book. He failed overthrowing Talanji and killing Bwonsamdi, so she basically told him to fuck off and not to follow her.
    I stopped reading books after Tides of War. Put it in the game or it didn't happen.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alpacayourbags View Post
    I stopped reading books after Tides of War. Put it in the game or it didn't happen.
    Or It DiDn'T hApPen..... Whatever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Not for a very long time, I'd wager he pops up late mid or to the end of shadowlands.
    Still too much
    I was hoping maybe Tyrande would do some sort of moon shenanigan to obliterate his soul or whatever
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by alpacayourbags View Post
    Like it or not, the books ARE canon, so it did happen.

I agree with the sentiment, that it should be shown in game, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. She deserves nothing.

Also she's an idiot, as usual: He literally says pls kill me you're helping me: does it

10/10
    Last edited by Shampro; 2020-11-10 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Kill steal, I did prety much all the work, stole my kill... Our characters seem pointless even more now, just wait for -insert big npc- to do everything for us..
    You're...

Literally...

Carrying...

Everyone...

This...

Expansion.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    When was that ever mentioned? They do not need to breathe, eat, drink or sleep. There was an entire squadron of Forsaken soldiers that joined the crazed orc warlock in Jade Forest because they were the only ones who survived capsizing, because they could just sink to the bottom and walk ashore.

EDIT: They *feel* the need to breathe, but don't actually need to do so. "Forsaken do feel the need to breathe, though they can last at least a dozen days without taking a fresh breath of air.[91] As they are undead, they don't need air to live,[92] and Forward Commander Onslaught claims that he can no longer breathe.[93] This also means it is impossible for them to drown.[94] Most Forsaken speak normally by forcing air through their dead lungs,[95] but some have to speak through magical means due to having harmed jaws.[96]" - https://wow.gamepedia.com/Forsaken#Culture_and_people
    Ah then I guess it was changed after wrath as all the citations other then the diving log seem to take place post wrath.

“Must I tell you to go?” Nathanos swallowed hard, crushing the vial in his hand, a crunch like bone. The shimmering dust slid between his fingers like sand. “I will return to the Marris Stead, my lady, and await your orders.” She heard the note of hope in his voice, fragile as a fledgling dropped from the nest. “Go where you will, Nathanos, but do not be idle. The loa knows the Shadowlands well, I expect you will return to me with means to prevent his meddling.” Sylvanas flicked her fingers, as if ridding herself of a speck of muck. “My path lies ahead.”
    People need to stop spreading misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Like it or not, the books ARE canon, so it did happen.

I agree with the sentiment, that it should be shown in game, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.
    If it's not in the game, it didn't happen.

3+ Year Old Account
    Perfect. Now all that's left to do is to deliver his pathetic head to Bwonsamdi, who is likely on the mend
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.