Real Life/Fantasy weapons you'd like to see featured in WoW/Warcraft

I was thinking back at how Warcraft 3's heroes really popularized the use of certain weapons, and how a lot of those weapons aren't being represented in WoW today. WoW was set up to be a typical RPG with different classifications for weapons. However, over time that's become more flexible to the point where we can practically transmog whatever we like.

So what about Blizzard bringing in more fantastic weaponry into the game? More like how they added Flails to Paladin Tanks in Legion, or gave us proper Scythe weapons and Druids with Bear Claw fist weapons to properly hone in on the class/race fantasy.

- Taurens have been missing their Totems all this time, and we know that the animation for Totem attacks have existed since Vanilla.
    - Throwing Axes, Throwing Spears could also be added as main-stay weapons, expanding the 'Ranged weapon' category
    - There are dozens of exotic Asian-themed weaponry like chinese Hook swords or Meteor Hammers that could be added to the game. Some of these can be given a more generic fantasy flair like Elven Glaives or something more uniquely 'Pandaren' inspired, but I think it'd be really cool to see.
    - Can we get the Warden's Moon Glaive? Even as a transmog, this would complete many people's fantasies.
    - I'm a huge fan of Lances. Lances were a big part of the Knight and Dragonhawk rider identity. Monster Hunter and Tera have Lancers and I think this concept can be used. The image of a tank with a huge shield and a giant lance would be perfect for WoW IMO.
    - Might be difficult to implement, but the explosive ranged Runehammers that the Wildhammers use would be absolutely epic to be able to use. Maybe this is more in the realm of an ability, but I think this is one of the most iconic Warcraft weapons that is under-utlized.

Also to add to this, I'd suggest adding in some alternative animations for abilities if you have a certain 'relic' equipped or maybe as glyphs.

- Tomes and Librams could give Paladins/Priests an animation where open a book to cast spells, like in Warcraft 3
    - Horns, Drums or other Instruments could be used to initiate Warrior warcries
    - Spell effects that invoke certain Wild Gods, Loa or other spiritual entity. Similar to how you see a spiritual image of an Angel when you cast Ressurection in Warcraft 3, these could be specific to certain races as Glyphs or Race-exclusive Relics. You could have Malorne appear when casting Tranquility.
    - Offhands for casters. Skulls, Fetishes, Orbs; have some of these appear and be used in certain channelled abilities.
    - Pistols. Just something to change up some ranged ability animation for some melee classes or spice up a Hunter's repetoire. Something like a Shattering Throw alternate animation where you whip out a pistol to penetrate your opponent's armor.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2020-11-10 at 08:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The flails of the Paladin tank and Warrior tank Mage Tower appearances are amazing, and I'd like to see more flails like those... but how to make them while also keeping the well-earned Mage Tower appearances unique / special?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    The flails of the Paladin tank and Warrior tank Mage Tower appearances are amazing, and I'd like to see more flails like those... but how to make them while also keeping the well-earned Mage Tower appearances unique / special?
    Maybe earnable glyphs for doing some new content achievement. Kinda like the cosmetic rewards we might get from Torghast 'Endless' mode (for future expansions).

Machine Guns!

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I was thinking back at how Warcraft 3's heroes really popularized the use of certain weapons, and how a lot of those weapons aren't being represented in WoW today. WoW was set up to be a typical RPG with different classifications for weapons. However, over time that's become more flexible to the point where we can practically transmog whatever we like.

So what about Blizzard bringing in more fantastic weaponry into the game? More like how they added Flails to Paladin Tanks in Legion, or gave us proper Scythe weapons and Druids with Bear Claw fist weapons to properly hone in on the class/race fantasy.

- Taurens have been missing their Totems all this time, and we know that the animation for Totem attacks have existed since Vanilla.
    - Throwing Axes, Throwing Spears could also be added as main-stay weapons, expanding the 'Ranged weapon' category
    - There are dozens of exotic Asian-themed weaponry like chinese Hook swords or Meteor Hammers that could be added to the game. Some of these can be given a more generic fantasy flair like Elven Glaives or something more uniquely 'Pandaren' inspired, but I think it'd be really cool to see.
    - Can we get the Warden's Moon Glaive? Even as a transmog, this would complete many people's fantasies.
    - I'm a huge fan of Lances. Lances were a big part of the Knight and Dragonhawk rider identity. Monster Hunter and Tera have Lancers and I think this concept can be used. The image of a tank with a huge shield and a giant lance would be perfect for WoW IMO.
    - Might be difficult to implement, but the explosive ranged Runehammers that the Wildhammers use would be absolutely epic to be able to use. Maybe this is more in the realm of an ability, but I think this is one of the most iconic Warcraft weapons that is under-utlized.

Also to add to this, I'd suggest adding in some alternative animations for abilities if you have a certain 'relic' equipped or maybe as glyphs.

- Tomes and Librams could give Paladins/Priests an animation where open a book to cast spells, like in Warcraft 3
    - Horns, Drums or other Instruments could be used to initiate Warrior warcries
    - Spell effects that invoke certain Wild Gods, Loa or other spiritual entity. Similar to how you see a spiritual image of an Angel when you cast Ressurection in Warcraft 3, these could be specific to certain races as Glyphs or Race-exclusive Relics. You could have Malorne appear when casting Tranquility.
    - Offhands for casters. Skulls, Fetishes, Orbs; have some of these appear and be used in certain channelled abilities.
    - Pistols. Just something to change up some ranged ability animation for some melee classes or spice up a Hunter's repetoire. Something like a Shattering Throw alternate animation where you whip out a pistol to penetrate your opponent's armor.
    Personally i'd like to see more falxes (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falx) in proper warcraft styled magical ridiculousness, as at present the only memorable weapon that comes close in that regard is that sword from the zul'gurub raid/dungeon/its pvp variant.

Shadowlands would be a perfect time for this, frankly just the idea of a maldraxxian styled falx makes me reconsider them as a covenant.

It would need better animations though.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always wanted a Hoplite-style spear/shield combo.

I guess technically a fury warrior *can* do that, but it's not a viable playstyle.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Personally i'd like to see more falxes
    The Dacian Falx is really an underutilized weapon in fantasy IMO. It's so wicked looking and it was devastating!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I've always wanted a Hoplite-style spear/shield combo.

I guess technically a fury warrior *can* do that, but it's not a viable playstyle.
    I'd love to see this realized with proper animations. The animations could also be used with Lances, a lot of block-and-stab animations

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    The Dacian Falx is really an underutilized weapon in fantasy IMO. It's so wicked looking and it was devastating!

- - - Updated - - -

I'd love to see this realized with proper animations. The animations could also be used with Lances, a lot of block-and-stab animations
    Precisely! Imagine what those lovably unrealistic morons at blizzard could conjure up if they gave it the attention it deserves!

Also that reminds me: I'mma go and poke my Dungeons and Dragons DM if i can make my character use a greatsword reskinned as a greatfalx or something.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

hook swords
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.