Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Why did Tyrande kill Nathanos?

He literally told her that his soul would go to the Shadowlands to be reunited with Sylvanas. Why not just cut his arms off and take him prisoner? Tie a rock to him and drop him in the South Sea. He's undead, he'd be eliminated as a threat. Hell, she could hire a gnome to launch him into space. Or hand him off to the Wardens.

Better idea, give him to the Illidari and have them consume his soul to power the Fel Hammer or something.
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2020-11-12 at 12:05 AM.

It actually makes sense, yeah. I guess she just couldn't hold herself and we have to think she's going crazy from anger and guilt.

Or it doesn't fit the narrative, cause we need him to be a boss, so let write her this way to push the narrative we want to go with instead of what would most logical.

The narrative in WoW only serve one purpose, give us stuff to kill, so get used to it if you weren't.

Why [lore]? Because [video game logic].
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you assume Sylvanas and Nathanos will have a chance vs us in the Shadowlands, Tyrande does not.

Because even though his death is a "temporary" one, her anger could only be satiated by killing him. Having him escape death(even though that is what his killing did) by just locking him up would not give her any satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    He literally told her that his soul would go to the Shadowlands to be reunited with Sylvanas. Why not just cut his arms off and take him prisoner? Tie a rock to him and drop him in the South Sea. He's undead, he'd be eliminated as a threat. Hell, she could hire a gnome to launch him into space. Or hand him off to the Wardens.

Better idea, give him to the Illidari and have them consume his soul to power the Fel Hammer or something.
    Because this isn't an 18+ game and the idea of the good guys torturing someone isn't accepted.

Everyone keeps mentioning all these different ways to cut his arms or his head or his legs but people dont realize this isnt God of War.

I'm guessing just pure rage. Tyrande isn't exactly completely with it right now. It kinda looks like she's just a mortal vehicle working as an embodiment of vengeance for the Night Elf people. She mad.

Because this is a PG13 game. We didn't even get to see his guts spill out, I had to go get my fill from Negan on that subject.

And we need enemies we recognize to murder in the Shadowlands. I wanna be the one killing Nathanos... Tyrande could get the first strike for what she's been through though.

7+ Year Old Account
    She is dumb.

Or she just kills him again when she kills Sylvanas he wasn't even a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Because this isn't an 18+ game and the idea of the good guys torturing someone isn't accepted.
    What the hell are you even talking about? We saw Tyrande toss an orc head into the moonwell to become the Night Warrior. We've seen Bolvar in chains high above ICC. We literally just got a cinematic of Garrosh being tortured as a battery.

WoW might not have blood and gore squirting out during the cinematic clips, but they're definitely not some PG only company. WoW is literally rated T by the ESRB for blood and gore, crude humor, mild language, suggestive themes, and use of alcohol and violence.

3+ Year Old Account
    Because torture shouldn't be in a T-rated game? Now if this were something like.. say... GTA or Skyrim then yeah, but not in this game

(And yes, I know Zul got stabbed, but it was more of a 'clip' than anything. Oh, and there's no blood )

Plus, that probably wouldn't kill someone anyways, ask Aerith
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeArt View Post
    Or it doesn't fit the narrative, cause we need him to be a boss, so let write her this way to push the narrative we want to go with instead of what would most logical.

The narrative in WoW only serve one purpose, give us stuff to kill, so get used to it if you weren't.
    Pretty much this.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because in her eyes he is trash, his only worth to Tyrande is pointing her towards Sylvanas. She doesn't enough fucks left to spare on Blightcaller.

Tbf, Rather than kill Saurfang for his part in actual genocide they just arrested him.. and then Anduin let him go because he thought he was honourable or something?

Why the hell would Tyrande trust Alliance to keep him locked up and to carry out justice?

Talanji, Zul, Garrosh.. about the only person Alliance have managed to keep locked up is Hogger.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account

Everyone keeps mentioning all these different ways to cut his arms or his head or his legs but people dont realize this isnt God of War.
    You say that but then we've had a bunch of times when the good guys have tortured someone or the players have personally lopped the head, limbs or removed the organs of various characters and creatures countless times over the course of this game. I don't think anyone is saying you necessarily have to show the torture, kinda like how they don't show Tyrande beheading Nathanos, but a hint or suggestion that is what happened instead before the cutaway would have been an improvement over "I do as you ask Nathanos... for Teldrassil.".
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Here's a God of Peace idea. Put him in chains and under watch to hopefully get some information out of him. And not let him reunite with Sylvanas, like he says he wishes to. The guy went to the most Nathanosy place ever (his own home), taunted everyone to kill him, and flat out SAID that him dying there is the plan, what more do you want?

I know I may be the grumpy guy here, but please, in addition to cool visuals, an ounce of logic in those cinematics can't be too much to ask for.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    She probably knows that she can kill him again if he ever shows his ugly mug.

i doubt the writers are smart enough to have thought of that. either way, the lead writer uses nathanos to fulfill his fantasies with that dead hag so obviously nothing is gonna happen to prevent that