Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Upcoming Australian Dollar (AUD) Price Changes for World of Warcraft

Upcoming Australian Dollar (AUD) Price Changes for World of Warcraft
    Starting December 15 this year, the price of several game time services will change in Oceania.

Game ServiceCurrent Price (AUD)New Price Starting 15 December (AUD)
    6 Month Subscription / 180 Days Game Time$85.80 ($14.30 per month)$103.50 ($17.25 per month)
    3 Month Subscription / 90 Days Game Time$46.20 ($15.40 per month)$55.80 ($18.60 per month)
    1 Month Subscription / 30 Days Game Time$16.50 per month$19.95 per month
    WoW Token$25$27
    Blizzard Balance for WoW Token Redemption$17$20

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    World of Warcraft is played in many regions around the world, and we regularly conduct reviews of the prices of our games and services in all currencies. From time to time, it’s necessary to make changes to certain pricing based on a variety of factors, including global and regional market conditions. Following a careful evaluation, we wanted to provide notice that we’ll soon be adjusting the Australian dollar (AUD) prices for World of Warcraft Subscriptions, Game Time, and WoW Tokens.

The new AUD pricing for World of Warcraft Subscriptions, Game Time, and WoW Tokens, reflected in the table below, will go into effect on 15 December 2020 AEDT. As a courtesy to our current players, all recurring subscriptions as of 11:59 p.m. 14 December 2020 AEDT will keep the previous price until 11:59 p.m. 14 June 2021 AEST.

New Zealand Dollar (NZD) pricing will be unaffected by this price change, and players in New Zealand will continue to purchase digital game software, virtual items, subscriptions, and optional game services at the current NZD pricing.

We know that people have a lot of options for entertainment, and we never take pricing adjustments such as this lightly. We appreciate that players choose to spend their time with World of Warcraft, and we are committed to ensuring the game continues to provide Australian players with great entertainment value.

If you would like to review your World of Warcraft subscription and payment method, you can do so through Blizzard Account Management at any time. If you wish to cancel your World of Warcraft subscription, instructions to do so can be found here.

New Price Starting 15 December - AUD
    • 6 Month Recurring Subscription / 180 Days Game Time - $103.50 ($17.25 per month)
    • 3 Month Recurring Subscription / 90 Days Game Time - $55.80 ($18.60 per month)
    • 1 Month Recurring Subscription / 30 Days Game Time - $19.95
    • WoW Token - $27
    • Blizzard Balance for WoW Token Redemption - $20
    Last edited by Lumy; 2020-11-12 at 01:55 AM.

still cheaper then what i have to pay. So where is my reduction?

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    That's a increase.
    6 month sub used to cost me $88 AUD

The cheapest option which is the six month sub at $17.25 is higher than the old most expensive one month sub which was $16, that's a crazy leap.

Quote Originally Posted by kurn1701 View Post
    That's a increase.
    Currently, 19.95AUD is 14.52USD for a monthly. I believe this is what they are referring to.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Damn it. Never seems to change in our favour.

The price is cheaper than a US subscription for now but if the AUD starts climbing back I doubt they'll change the price to reflect that any time soon.

15+ Year Old Account
    How much were those prices in AUD before?

Prepares: EU & NA

$16.50 a month , $15.40 a month per 3 months or $14.30 a month every 6 months

Still less than EU price.

Quote Originally Posted by kurn1701 View Post
    That's a increase.
    a token now cost 27 aud which is 16.69 euro. My price is 20 euro

10+ Year Old Account
    In before there's that one person that cannot understand the concept of Exchange Rates

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, guess that's an unsub for me then.

Already having trouble justifying the price in the current situation, and now it's gone up once again. Perhaps i'll return when things become stable again, but until then... have fun folks.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    OCE doesn't get supported the same way other regions do. Our customer service is virtually non-existant, we have 3-4 mega servers to play on, a tiny population, queue times are way longer for us a lot of the time, there are virtually no regional competitions of any kind for any content. We even are tied
    to the US realms for warmode bonuses so even though OCE is dominated by Alliance, warmode bonuses also benefit them. Blizz basically don't care about OCE and don't have the same maintenance costs to support it as a region, so why should we pay the same as other regions?

10+ Year Old Account
    If game and content quality would reflect this price increase somehow I wouldn't even be mad. Inflation is a thing and WoW has been around for 16 years.

BUT given how they just released a stupid new costume people are expected to shell out cash money for I'd say they are as far from justifying this price increase as it's possible for them to be.

So... wtf? I defend Blizzard for a lot of shit that people don't like on here and this doesn't even affect me, but what the actual fuck is this? This game is almost 20 years old and has waning engagement already. Yes, they're making less money due to exchange rates right now (though where are the discounts when FX works in their favour?), but they're also running a fucking subscription model with paid expansion packs in 2020 and haven't really done anything above and beyond since 2004 to justify increasing the cost to play. If anything, given the current state of the game and the gaming market they should be looking to decrease subscription costs..

There isn't enough of us playing in Australia to make any difference at all, even if the whole country unsubbed that currently play wow it wouldn't be a blip in the radar.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard if you do this fine but you have to make some fucking changes.

1. fix our fucking day night schedule so that it fits our fucking region, not the US one

2. fix the fucking calendar so if an event ends we see it in our local time, not the US time.

you want us to pay more, fine but at least give us a service worth paying for

Still cheaper than EU.

This is actually cheap compared to Canadian,

WTF now I feel robbed, I've been paying $18.99 CDN for years.

$98 for 6 months.

now OCE is on par, maybe slightly cheaper than Canada, considering the exchange rate.