Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There are a few options:

1) Simply capturing him gives Sylvanas the option the free him and have him back just as much as him going to the Maw will do. This way he at least felt some pain.

2) The writers are setting this thing up to show that Sylvanas doesn't care about him anymore. He expects her to revive him in the Maw but she will consider him a failure and ignore him. This would be the best outcome imo, since it will be truely soul-crushing for Nathanos and he deserves nothing less.

3) Tyrande simply wants to kill him again, because once was not enough.

Should have kept him alive so he can't join his QUEEN into the afterlife.

Because Tyrande and Malfurion are one BIG newbies... Just go through the history, what they touched they f***ed up.

Because she is mad af at him and Sylvanas...
    Hell, even her whisper "for teldrassil" seemed to me that killing him wasn't near enough. She is definitely succumbing to rage.
    I don't get the dislike of her actions, they make sense considering her state of mind. The worst thing about it is that it follows the "revenge is never the answer" trope.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

She got what she wanted from him, the location of Sylvanas. She doesn't care that he will go there by dying, she can kill him again, he isn't her priority.
    She got to figure how to get "beyond the veil" without dying and I guess that's where Bolivar and us come in.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Why did Tyrande kill Nathanos?
    Because why not? You never know how much of what he said was a bluff.

He literally told her that his soul would go to the Shadowlands to be reunited with Sylvanas. Why not just cut his arms off and take him prisoner? Tie a rock to him and drop him in the South Sea. He's undead, he'd be eliminated as a threat. Hell, she could hire a gnome to launch him into space. Or hand him off to the Wardens.

Better idea, give him to the Illidari and have them consume his soul to power the Fel Hammer or something.
    No need to involve the illidari, warlocks can do it just fine. Or a death knight for that matter.

But honestly it seemed less emotionally charged than that she just considers it beneath her now, as night warrior. More a decision of pride/arrogance than of anger.

She embodies the wrath of a goddess now after all, she does not actually need any leads beyond her goddess' guidance. If that is kept in mind then killing Nathanos is just like crossing off a name from a list.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Because they are written as living characters with own thoughts, motivations and ability to make irrational decisions. Not everything has to follow logic. She did it out of spite or to shut him up. May be for her that was the most logical decision at the time. I for one am glad that the asshole is dead, tired of being his errand boy in Legion and BfA.

I bet her hair is about to turn grey
    The dark Night warrior or the high dark priest of elune of a dark full moon

How do you get the story quest to kill him? I wanna see the cinematic in game and not on Youtube. I've already done the world quest and nothing happened.

He literally told her that his soul would go to the Shadowlands to be reunited with Sylvanas. Why not just cut his arms off and take him prisoner? Tie a rock to him and drop him in the South Sea. He's undead, he'd be eliminated as a threat. Hell, she could hire a gnome to launch him into space. Or hand him off to the Wardens.

Better idea, give him to the Illidari and have them consume his soul to power the Fel Hammer or something.
    Well, at this point, I don't think most people know much about Shadowlands or how it works. Tyrande and other leaders does not know about Jailer, Maw or how Shadowlands actually work. We are yet to explore it. Sure, he said he will rejoin her, but safe for Bolvar, there is nobody who can understand what he truly means. I also think Tyrande does not really trust anything Blightcaller has to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    How do you get the story quest to kill him? I wanna see the cinematic in game and not on Youtube. I've already done the world quest and nothing happened.
    In Orgrimmar from one of the undead crusaders. I didnt get the cinematic in-game until I had that quest and killed him again.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    What the hell are you even talking about? We saw Tyrande toss an orc head into the moonwell to become the Night Warrior. We've seen Bolvar in chains high above ICC. We literally just got a cinematic of Garrosh being tortured as a battery.

WoW might not have blood and gore squirting out during the cinematic clips, but they're definitely not some PG only company. WoW is literally rated T by the ESRB for blood and gore, crude humor, mild language, suggestive themes, and use of alcohol and violence.
    Did you just try to argue that he is ranting for saying the game isn't "18+" and at the same time saying its rated T?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    For horde it will be in Org after you do the Icecrown intro quest, I assume the alliance is the same with Stormwind.

"hmm why did this character have an emotional response to some guy whos guts she absolutely hates beep bop this is not logical im a robot"

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Because this isn't an 18+ game and the idea of the good guys torturing someone isn't accepted.

Everyone keeps mentioning all these different ways to cut his arms or his head or his legs but people dont realize this isnt God of War.
    I would like to point out that the Horde (yes, the playable faction) just committed genocide (assisted by the PC) and invaded Brennendam shortly after, where they slaughtered civilians and impaled them on spears on walls where their children had to watch them die while they bled out. Also the undead literally have a "farm" where they bury humans in the ground so that only their head is above the earth so they can experiment on them. All of that is currently ingame.
    Also on Darkshore Malfurion buried Horde soldiers alive to let them suffocate while currently Alleria is torturing Sylvanas loyalists with Anduins explicit permission.
    Your argument is kinda strange considering all of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    She was supposed to hug and kiss him instead?

You can think of it this way - if he dies in Shadowlands - he is destroyed forever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cumbersome View Post
    "hmm why did this character have an emotional response to some guy whos guts she absolutely hates beep bop this is not logical im a robot"
    also this...

Quote Originally Posted by Cumbersome View Post
    The problem is, that it did not fit the scene. Tyrande was calm and collected the whole time and fully focused. No unnessary words spoken, no unnessary movements or gestures. In this scene she was strong and concentrated.
    There was no indication for this did reaction that costed her her vengeance in the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    She was supposed to hug and kiss him instead?

You can think of it this way - if he dies in Shadowlands - he is destroyed forever.
    Until he isn't

Because Teldrassil. He didn’t give any of the night elves a chance, so why should she? Sure, she could endlessly torture him but he would still exist, but that’s giving him a choice - a choice he didn’t give to the NE’s. He straight up killed them, so why not him? At least he’s confined to death now. Whatever happens in the future, defeating him in the shadowlands or not, once that issue is solved and the rift to the shadowlands is closed he’s confined to it. No doubt once we’ve sorted shit out he’ll be damned to the maw for eternity, and that’s more satisfying in the long run than just torturing him on Azeroth - he’ll be tortured for eternity.

10+ Year Old Account

Blizzard gets a hard on, every time they kill beloved Horde NPCs.. That's why. Only reason.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because when you have no idea whats going on and the person you're killing says "go ahead, kill me. You'll send me right to *insert personal happy place*" it sounds like some bad attempt at reverse psychology?

Also, she doesn't actually care that much. Nathanos isn't important to tyrande at all.
    Last edited by Beastiel; 2020-11-12 at 12:16 PM.