Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It should have different items for everything. M+ stats, raiding stats, pvp stats. This would solve any issue.
    To solve gear taking up to much slots they could have had upgraded the wardrobe to store gear as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    you mean "i have no argument so i rather refer you to whole thread so you look for it and i dont have to come up with something"
    you just spewed some opinions why raids should be considered "better", absolutely nothing about why you think (incorrectly) they are more popular... without LFR absolute minority of people raided (and still do), and craploads of people do M+, just check logs and see...

- - - Updated - - -

based on what other than YOUR opinion?
    most people dont care about leaderboards at all, so stop pulling this shit out of your ass, bcs clearly its YOU who care about raids more than M+, not "people"...

- - - Updated - - -

great, so now M+ is irelevant for M+ players, as hc raid which is piss easy will still give them better gear...
    great "fix" of something... set bonuses on gear working only in raid/m+ depending on origin of gear would help with "irrelevancy" of content, this will just kill part of it
    No, I mean, read the thread you're posting in before posting. It's literally a rule of the forum (and general human decency).

It's been posted.

It is a great fix. It slows down progression. That's a good thing. Separate sets would be a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    No, they aren't making heroic raiding gear OP. They're making m+ gear weaker. It's a difference. M+ should feel similar if you're a raider but harder if you're not, under the new changes.
    I think they needed a solution and made a call... not one I agree with but I get the reasoning.

Mythic 15 is far,far to easy to be rewarding heroic gear on live. It should really be pushed to a 20 taking into account the ilv you should have went attempting it and then mythic gear should be obtained from running a 25. Remove loot from failed runs and get rid of the weekly chest and you would have a pretty healthy progression system.

The new solution isnt really a good solution in my book. The weekly chest is still far to rewarding for what it is and honestly seems to exist so players can sell carries more then any kind of proper progression system.

5+ Year Old Account
    Gear levels should always be comparable, no matter where you get it from.

Its simple. Blizz looked at their metrics in BFA and realized that heroic and below raiding was basically dead due to M+ providing better gear and being easier + more convenient. Raiding has always been the core of WoW so this change was needed to bring raiding below mythic difficulty back to acceptable levels.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Random battlegrounds don't offer the best ilvl rewards, yet people still keep doing them. We have proof the sky won't fall. People will still use it to gear up because it's easier than the other ways. It just won't be THE way to gear up anymore.
    Random BGs get done because of the first pvp win each day giving conquest points, which indeed give very good gear for people who do not raid. In addition to that they always give progression to honor levels which give permanent cosmetical rewards.

Not many people do random BGs because they actually enjoy the experience.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Its simple. Blizz looked at their metrics in BFA and realized that heroic and below raiding was basically dead due to M+ providing better gear and being easier + more convenient. Raiding has always been the core of WoW so this change was needed to bring raiding below mythic difficulty back to acceptable levels.
    It's possible that's the decision, but if so, I doubt it's going to be successful. People don't do M+ instead of raiding because of the gear. They do M+ instead of raiding because they don't enjoy raiding. Trying to create a situation where they're forced into raiding is likely to backfire, because there's nothing worse than raiders who don't want to be there, for whatever reason.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Raiding should be the highest gear possible - by a large amount. M+ doesn't have lockouts, so you can get a full set of the best gear day 1. It should be worse.
    Raiding would have the highest gear possible anyways... by a large amount even if m+ gear was equivalent or slightly better than heroic.
    www.twitch.tv/rtrain

Free Agent! Looking for Guild for Legion!

Quote Originally Posted by Rtrain View Post
    Raiding would have the highest gear possible anyways... by a large amount even if m+ gear was equivalent or slightly better than heroic.
    But if it's equivalent or better than heroic (like in BFA) then all tiers of raiding except mythic become meaningless for progression. The progression should not be Heroic raid -> dungeons -> mythic raid.

Quote Originally Posted by XMD7007 View Post
    Gear levels should always be comparable, no matter where you get it from.
    To the difficulty you mean to say right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Name the last time M+ leaderboards were posted on this website. Then name the last time raiding leaderboards were posted. Which is easier? Sources typically aren't needed for common sense facts.
    The m+ community is larger than the raiding community. Perhaps you should double check facts instead of basing your "opinion" around a fan site.

- - - Updated - - -

Popularity influences it. This is one data point that suggests raiding is the more important endgame. I cannot remember the last time M+ scores have been on the front page of this website. I can recall over 20 times raiding scores have been on the front page.

- - - Updated - - -

We have also seen how M+ influencing raiding was unhealthy for the game and why things have evolved where they are now to where M+ does not reward high ilvl gear. Let's just disagree or we will be at this all day.
    Jesus, again basing your views about what this fansite posts. Just check armory statistics for crying out loud.

I don't understand the whole spreading misinformation based off of moronic metrics that goes on here. Like, what. You can easily figure out which is the most popular by looking at armory statistics. Do you even know how many characters killed heroic Azshara, Jains, Nzoth, etc compared to characters who has done at least a m+ in BFA?

Clearly not.
    Hi

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enderzone View Post
    To the difficulty you mean to say right?
    Yes. For example it should not be the case that the highest ilvl is obtainable ONLY from mythic Raiding. A certain PvP rating and a certain level of M+ Dungeon should provide the same ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    snip
    You're not doing any better by just saying the opposite, without providing proof for your claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    The m+ community is larger than the raiding community. Perhaps you should double check facts instead of basing your "opinion" around a fan site.

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus, again basing your views about what this fansite posts. Just check armory statistics for crying out loud.

I don't understand the whole spreading misinformation based off of moronic metrics that goes on here. Like, what. You can easily figure out which is the most popular by looking at armory statistics. Do you even know how many characters killed heroic Azshara, Jains, Nzoth, etc compared to characters who has done at least a m+ in BFA?

Clearly not.
    Wow, gee golly, comparing completing a heroic end boss to completing the very first M+. This sounds like a perfect comparison. While you're at it, how many players completed a heroic end boss compared to how many players completed every +15 dungeon? Crickets? I see.

The community (this website specifically) cares more about raiding leaderboards than M+.

Quote Originally Posted by XMD7007 View Post
    Yes. For example it should not be the case that the highest ilvl is obtainable ONLY from mythic Raiding. A certain PvP rating and a certain level of M+ Dungeon should provide the same ilvl.
    Kinda for mythic plus I agree I personally don't think pvp should reward any power at all but rather only be cosmetic but that is due to the nature of pvp. It makes no sense to give better players more powerful gear if your looking for a player vs player fight where skill should be the deciding factor.

Mythic raiding should definitely reward the highest ilvl in the game. Heroic raiding and mythic plus could potentially have the same ilvl rewards with heroic raiding offering perhaps some iniquely good trinkets/weapons. Mythic plus weekly cache could potentially reward slightly lower or on par with early raid mythic bosses ilvl.

PvP is an afterthought. I dont really care much as long as the ilvl rewards are lower then m+ and mythic raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Wouldn't that make m+ extremely easy after you gear in heroic raiding? Do I miss something?
    You can farm m+ indefinitely, while raids are on weekly reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You can farm m+ indefinitely, while raids are on weekly reset.
    Yeah but the question was after you gear in heroic (which isn't that hard).
    If m+ drops low level gear then it might only need THAT gear!
    So I wonder if heroic gear makes it too easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    But if it's equivalent or better than heroic (like in BFA) then all tiers of raiding except mythic become meaningless for progression. The progression should not be Heroic raid -> dungeons -> mythic raid.
    I think you overestimate how popular raiding is. Not very many people at all do it past normal at the very least. Unhealthy to base a game around a small percentage of players, and if it is about feeling superior, well this is a game not a competition. Play CS:GO if you want to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Yeah but the question was after you gear in heroic (which isn't that hard).
    If m+ drops low level gear then it might only need THAT gear!
    So I wonder if heroic gear makes it too easy.
    Well, usually it takes a while to gear up in full heroic, and unless you are raidlogging -you will be doing some M+ to gear up. As in M+ provides you with decent "baseline" ilvl, while you wait for your heroic raid gear to drop.

And obviously gear makes content easier, that's the whole point of it, but M+ scales up, so it's not an issue
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.