Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    I don't do it, and if someone does it to me I stalk them on my flying mount and do the same to them.
    Kind of contradict yourself there huh? "I don't do it....unless they do it to me then I do it"

Meh. I try not to do it. But sometimes idgaf. People tend to think everything in a 5 mile radius around the spot they are fighting is theirs.

Today the respawn rate of nearly every quest is so high anyway, that by the time he finished the mob it did respawn allready.

I play druid. So i swoop in, take the damn thing and be out again. No need to kill anything. Pacificst for live

If I see someone fighting next to an item/node/target I want I help clear the mobs and see what the other player does. If they take the thing I move on to the next and keep an eye out for the player so we don't step on each others clothes. Often we'd end up "leap-frogging" and pass each other a few times moving on to the next items, in those cases if I'm playing a suitable class I'll throw a few instants on my way past and usually they reciprocate.

Mind that hasn't happened in quite a long time, with dynamic respawn, personal-loot objects and shared tagging you can usually make impromptu teams with people you see out and about.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It happends, but most poeple just hop in and out or fly down to tske it. If you dont do it, some one else will.

I looted a quest item before where some.one was killing a mob that spawned next to it and he went full rage on me.in /w cus I stole the item lol.

I would say.. ignore and move on. I didnt even see the guy before he whisperd me.

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Kind of contradict yourself there huh? "I don't do it....unless they do it to me then I do it"
    Yeh, well I don't do it first.

With most quest items being personal it doesn't really matter. Sometimes it's not and it happens to me. I dont really care. I would've done the same to him.

What I like doing is not getting the mob aggro. The quest item is probably personal but I don't like fighting a mob for it. I will feignt going in to get another player to rush in. FD, go invisible, nightelf. Get the mob to forget me. That's way better than stealing an item that's probably personal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I renew the question: how many quests have still a “unique object” to click that disappears after the pick and respawn after ages (ages = more than a couple of minutes).
    I dont think anything Post-WoD has ''unique objects''.

If its my own faction I try not to do it, if opposite, I don't care.

If someone, own side or not, does it to me, I get extremely petty and I will go out of my way and follow the said person and make sure I will pick everything blatantly from them while they agro anything.

Happened to me so many times that I stopped caring and just joink whatever I see now adays.

Specify its classic. On retail it respawns 10 times before i kill the mob. People who are mad about this on retail just want to be butthurt. I dont care if i do it to someone and likewise i dont care when they do it to me.
    Last edited by Featuring Dante; 2020-11-16 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Mobile spelling

People are aware that the quest items no longer depspawn after one person clicks on it right? MOst, if not all, quest items stay spawned and everyone can click on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Featuring Dante View Post
    Specify its classic. On retail it respawns 10 times before i kill the mob. People who are mad about this on retail just want to be butthurt. I dont care if i do it to someone and likewise i dont care when they do it to me.
    On retail it no longer despawns. Everyone can click on it.

Oh yeah sorry. Its such a minor thing that i didnt even realize thanks for correcting me.

Since I don't like when it happens to me, I won’t do it to others.

Is the item personal?

Yes: I take that shit.

No: I don't take that shit. Unless they've just taken shit from me, in which case I'll follow them around taking their shit on purpose.

Most of the time I just let the person killing the mob loot it. If I’m in a time crunch and need to do other things and I’m just trying to speed thru the game for that play through then I will just grab it.
    If someone does this to me I’ll shake my head and usually go “that a$$hole,” but then I move on. It’s not like I stay angry and it ruins my day. I realize some people have things going on, the game has been designed this way, and/or some people are just a-holes to other people.

I'll only do it to someone if they do it first to me, I personally counter it by fighting mobs as close to the quest item as I can, then if someone tries to take it I can divine shield myself, then the mob goes after them, and I can grab the item while they have to deal with the mob.

Aren't the nodes shareable now?

I normally fly in loot the node / whatever and then help the person finish the mob(s).

… In the case of quest items that only 1 person can have, yea I try not to be a dick as much as possible...
    but it happens sometimes. On purpose and by accident.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm nice about it until someone nabs something from me, then I let them finish the quest for me. Usually takes longer, but it's funnier for me.

I do it with people of the other faction, what they get for burning down my characters home.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    I dont think anything Post-WoD has ''unique objects''.
    Ah ok, I didn’t get the question was referred to Classic. In Classic it was much more annoying but especially for named quest mobs, due to their retarded respawn time.