Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I split my toons up into covenants by the class they play and have no plans to deviate from that

15+ Year Old Account
    Most likely going Venthyr. While Kyrian (raiding) and Night Fae (mythic+) are listed as best for assassination rogue, I'd rather pick the covenant I like the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    I main a DK so I'm gonna go Maldraxxus or Venthyr. Probably Venthyr since it seems to be the better option at this point.

I don't mind not being 100% optimal, but if it comes to a point where I have to choose an aesthetic that doesn't fit my character to be remotely viable I'll probably just stop playing until the next expac.
    Venthyr are the all-around best for DK, usable in most content for every spec. Night Fae are second and shine mostly for Blood and 2h Frost in dungeons. Sadly Maldraxxus sucks despite its theme fitting DKs like a glove, which puts me in a bit of a pickle because I main Warrior while DK is my most used alt, and I really want that plate set and mount, but the Covenant isn't very good in terms of power and fun abilities for neither of these classes.

I sure as fuck ain't going Kyrian on either even if they end up being a 25% total DPS bonus, and they aren't by a long shot.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

No matter how optimal, I refuse to pick Kyrian as Spriest. Unless we had the option to join the Forsworn.

I actually like Kyrian as a BDK. Good single target DPS ability for raid, and a healing phial that removes some bleeds! I don't mind their theme either, I was dreading possibly having to go Night Fae, but was leaning towards Kyrian still! Now it's win-win. :3

Nope, I will pick Kyrian at launch because they're the coolest looking, and most original Covenant! Angels rule!

Venthyr are a close second.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely Kyrian or Night Fae
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Everyone caring exclusively for gameplay will likely go Kyrian, but their theme and aesthetics are an outright bore and I much prefer Venthyr in comparison.
    For me I feel like the aesthetics that match the class more fit it. Like some feel more obvious than others. For instance I'll do Kyrian on Paladin, Death Knight will probably do Necrolord while Druids go Night Fae. After that I'm not completely sure, but might do Venthyr on Warlock. Once I establish most of them then I'll figure out what covenants I don't have of certain types and fill them out. For instance my 3 other paladin alts will probably go Night Fae/Venthyr for the plate unlocks unless I do one of the two on my Warrior.

Just to be edgelord, I'm going to put my toons in whatever Covey that I think feels cool. It is most certain that the Pally is going in Maldraxas.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    My paladin will be Kyrian, even i̶f̶ when they nerf Pelagos again. My druid is going Night Fae, and my hunter is probably going Venthyr.

My toons will be going

uh dk will be going venthyr
    affli lock is going kyrian
    mage is going necrolord
    holy pala will be kyrian
    Last edited by RxL; 2020-11-17 at 02:47 AM.

My rogue (main) will probably go Necro or Venthyr. Not decided yet.
    My warrior, will go whatever my rogue doesn't go.
    DH, Warlock and Huntard I'm undecided. Probably whoever has the best mog/mounts.

Nah going Fae on restro druid a strong burst heal to top everyone on a 2min cd atleast in 5man groups not sure how it is in raids.
    Do you hear the voices too?

No, I will pick it because of aesthetics.

as a DK ill be going Venthyr. really wanted Maldraxxus because of the mog and mount, but damnit i want poop out every bit of dps i can do. i want to be the best of the worst

If it's the best, sure. They're my least favourite thematically, but I like the spell, and there's really not a whole lot of player power covenant content to begin with, so it's not like I'll be stuck dealing with Kyrian lore nonsense for long. Let's be honest, all quests are the same when you skip cutscenes & AAP through the dialogue anyway

Still, I'll likely end up as Venthyr on my Warrior. Condemn is just a bit nutty.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    According to researchers from Wowhead, the best covenant for the majority of class specs is Kyrian. I hear it's mainly because of Pelagos giving players a 3% versatility buff that is easy to keep up at all times during combat. It used to be 5% but even after being nerfed to 3% it still remains a very solid option for most specs. Will you be picking it? Seems inevitable that it's going to get nerfed and make everyone move over to the next, best covenant, and so on. I wish choosing covenant was only for cosmetics, mounts, pets, and quality of life bonuses.
    Frankly i've not even taken soulbinds into consideration yet, it's mainly the abilities that seem to be important to me as that will actually affect my playstyle.

Additionally i'm pretty sure they will be introducing mire soulbind options as the expansion progresses.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I will pick whatever is best.

I don't like being a burden to others.

For my main ones that is. The rest i will pick whatever. It's not important.

It's possible to change covenant. So, once the borrowed power is removed i can change to a different one if i prefer the transmog.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-11-17 at 03:33 AM.

Kyrian was the one I wanted to pick as druid just because I like the idea of giving a buff to my friends. The fact that it seems to be best right now is a happy bonus. I'll definitely switch if it turns out to be shit or gets nerfed though.