Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm going with Venthyr on my Ret Paladin.

It's the covenant I find the most appealing, cosmetic and aesthetic wise.

Supposedly the covenant ability is not awful performance wise.

But I think it's awful, it's just horribly annoying to use. Just an atrociously poorly designed ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Guess that backfired OP? Stealth covenant system complaint thread didn't turn as expected.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to pick my covenants thematically just how I pick my race/class combo.

Pally/Priest = Kyrian
    Druid/Shammy = Nightfae

So on and so forth.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, i will, because generally, outside of few deviations, the best covenant abilities at the same time provide more entertaining gameplay (more fluid rotations an/or bigger dps).

Idea that you should not pick what is meta but what makes you happy is a myth. There is nothing fun in a ability that either dont make your character better gameplay-wise or plainly at war with your spec's toolkit.

So, me, Holy Paladin, will go with Kyrian. Because an ability to drop 5 Holy Shocks immediately every 1 minute is way more flexible and versatile than a 4 min CD ability or 4 lame buffs that break healing rotation.

The same comes for the most specs. People will pick the best Covenant. Because the best Covenant and most fun Covenant are generally the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Yes, i will, because generally, outside of few deviations, the best covenant abilities at the same time provide more entertaining gameplay (more fluid rotations an/or bigger dps).

Idea that you should not pick what is meta but what makes you happy is a myth. There is nothing fun in a ability that either dont make your character better gameplay-wise or plainly at war with your spec's toolkit.

So, me, Holy Paladin, will go with Kyrian. Because an ability to drop 5 Holy Shocks immediately every 1 minute is way more flexible and versatile than a 4 min CD ability or 4 lame buffs that break healing rotation.

The same comes for the most specs. People will pick the best Covenant. Because the best Covenant and most fun Covenant are generally the same.
    Completely disagree but you do you mate ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

I'll pick whatever is best for PvP, which for shadow priests will probably be Venthyr, since that's the one part of the game that I'm interested in where a minor difference is actually quite likely to make the difference at some point (I'm doing high M+ keys, relatively high level 2v2 and only pug raids as I don't have the time or will to commit to a guild). Sucks that my mind games is probably not going to be very useful in M+, but this and interrupt reduction sounds like a massive game changer in arenas.
    Though if the best covenant felt really bad, I'd pick the second best choice as long as the difference wasn't massive, and I don't think it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    According to researchers from Wowhead, the best covenant for the majority of class specs is Kyrian. I hear it's mainly because of Pelagos giving players a 3% versatility buff that is easy to keep up at all times during combat. It used to be 5% but even after being nerfed to 3% it still remains a very solid option for most specs. Will you be picking it? Seems inevitable that it's going to get nerfed and make everyone move over to the next, best covenant, and so on. I wish choosing covenant was only for cosmetics, mounts, pets, and quality of life bonuses.
    Nah im gonna pick edgelords after leveling my DH first , then most likely night fae on my hunter then again edgeords on my allience DH which will be leveld 3rd

wont pick up Kyrian till i will level up my paladin as 5th or 6th alt.

The only class I'd ever go Kyrian with is my Paladin and that's like my 4th or 5th toon I'm going to play. Right now it's like this for me:

1st Mistweaver Monk: Necrolord
    2nd Restoration Shaman: Necrolord
    3rd Shadow Priest: Necrolord / Venthyr (I prefer the Necrolord skill but I don't want another Necrolord)
    4th Restoration Druid: Necrolord (here we go again...)
    5th Holy Paladin: Kyrian

I wish I wouldn't be forced to go Necrolord on three or four of my toons, but they're either too strong or just have the best gameplay interaction for me. Nightfae is basically never an option because they suck for most of my specs. Picking the best vs. worst Covenant for a class can result in a 10-15% performance decrease / increase, so to take the "worst" Covenant is absolutely no possibility, although you might prefer the aesthetics (good job Blizzard).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

No, but I will pick Kyrian because it's what I want to pick.

Attitude might change after I play SL but right now it's my favorite covenant as far as aesthetics and lore goes, and the idea of playing a warlock in a covenant of angels is funny to me.

I will pick what is mathematically the best for my class.

Not unless the gap is enormous (30%+ dps/healing/tankiness) and remain that way after heroic raid balance patch .

i freacking hate the kyrians.

I will pick Kyrian at the start but not because it's the best performing covenant. I'm picking kyrian because my main is a paladin and kyrian is the best fitting one for a paladin in terms of visuals and my classs fantasy.
    Ultimately i plan to play 4 Characters, 1 for each covenant (my DK for necrolords, my Rogue for Venthyr and my Druid for Nightfae)

Venthyr seems to be best for both my mage and priest for pvp, so seems like I'll be doing that.

Venthyr for Enhancement shaman is equally as good on both M+ and raids, so looks like I'm joining them instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a destro warlock, I would love to pick either Venthyr or Necrolord. Those feel thematically the most appropriate/appealing to me. Class-fantasy-wise, I would hate to pick Kyrian.

That said, I will pick Kyrian because it performs best for destro. Both Venthyr and Necro abilities have been overnerfed for destro; those are currently so much worse than the Kyrian ability (for pve at least) that there is no choice.

I just hope the choice for pvp won't be as cut and dry as it is for pve. I really want to pick thematically for my classes/races.
    Last edited by blankfaced; 2020-11-18 at 10:23 AM.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    According to researchers from Wowhead, the best covenant for the majority of class specs is Kyrian. I hear it's mainly because of Pelagos giving players a 3% versatility buff that is easy to keep up at all times during combat. It used to be 5% but even after being nerfed to 3% it still remains a very solid option for most specs. Will you be picking it? Seems inevitable that it's going to get nerfed and make everyone move over to the next, best covenant, and so on. I wish choosing covenant was only for cosmetics, mounts, pets, and quality of life bonuses.
    I really really don't care what wowhead "researchers" have to say about coventants.

I'll wait for simulationcraft results.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

10+ Year Old Account
    Going Night Fae on my DK just because I like the wooden plate armor and other cosmetics.

The DND ability seems pretty damn useable in most parts of the game for both Frost and Unholy too.

WW Monk will go Kyrian

Ret Paladin Maldraxxus

Hunter - I dunno
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Im honestly considering a reroll to my alt DK from warlock.

I cant stomach going kyrian with a warlock(not that there is anything wrong with kyrian as it is, it just doesnt fit at all for a warlocks).

Venthyr and necrolord would fit the theme, but the abilities are either bad, or provide interaction only for a specific build and specific content.
    For example venthyr interacts only wit affliction aoe, aff single target would be clunky with it and the rest of the specs provide zero interaction with the ability.
    Necrolord was just destroyed for warlocks except of demo, but then again I would be probably pigeonholed into demonology that way which is not ideal.

So I will probably reroll to dk because of covenants -.-
    With a venthyr dk I would fit the theme AND have insane interaction with my toolkit for all specs.

Yeh no. Their lore pitch is so groan-worthy boring, I have the least interest in them by far. First pick is Venthyr because...it's hammy and I like it. Might level a char just for Venthyr, Maldraxxus and Fae, but Kyrians can go bend themselves lol.