Any way to simulate DPS per stat point?

I mean, I see everyone enchanting and setting gems of crit, for example. Testing by myself, I do think that intellect does always more damage.

Is there any web page or any way to simulate how much damage is increased for each point spent on any stat? Like, +1 crit = +5 DPS. Or something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by caramel0rar0 View Post
    I mean, I see everyone enchanting and setting gems of crit, for example. Testing by myself, I do think that intellect does always more damage.

Is there any web page or any way to simulate how much damage is increased for each point spent on any stat? Like, +1 crit = +5 DPS. Or something similar?
    Simcraft is exactly what you are looking for

edit: You can also go to websites like Icy Veins and look up stat weights. Example: It could show you that for your class that your highest stat priority is Agility which gives you 4.55 DPS, and Mastery is your last which only gives you 1.22 DPS per point.

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/stats

Do note that values can change dramatically based on content and fight type and duration. Also it's very reliant on your other stats, especially now that stats have DR. So you basically need to sim it for each individual situation for it to be accurate. And in most cases you should just use the top gear sim, instead of stat value.

Raidbots is just what you want

Raidbots or simcraft and then you want stat weights.

Biggest thing to understand is that your stat weights are relative to what your current stats are. So if you have say... 100 of each secondary and then you sim your stat weights those are only going to be your weights for as long as you having 100 of each secondary remains true. As soon as you start pumping up one stat then your weights will change. That stat may still be so strong that it still ends up being the one you want to focus but it isn't always the case. Which is how you end up with soft caps.

This is going to be especially true with the diminishing returns added with shadowlands.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post

Do note that values can change dramatically based on content and fight type and duration. Also it's very reliant on your other stats, especially now that stats have DR. So you basically need to sim it for each individual situation for it to be accurate. And in most cases you should just use the top gear sim, instead of stat value.
    Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    Simcraft is exactly what you are looking for

edit: You can also go to websites like Icy Veins and look up stat weights. Example: It could show you that for your class that your highest stat priority is Agility which gives you 4.55 DPS, and Mastery is your last which only gives you 1.22 DPS per point.
    Hey!

I have tried to test the web you said (https://www.simulationcraft.org/) and I have no idea where to start. I can't see any way to simulate there on the web, or at least I don't understand how to even start it. =S

Also on Icy Veins I'm not able to see where to read stats weight. Any helP?

Hey!

I have tried to test the web you said (https://www.simulationcraft.org/) and I have no idea where to start. I can't see any way to simulate there on the web, or at least I don't understand how to even start it. =S

Also on Icy Veins I'm not able to see where to read stats weight. Any helP?
    Icy veins has class guides for beginners which may be a good place to start. It has general stat weights in there, you click on the class and spec guide you want and then click stat priority: https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/fury-w...-stat-priority

Those won't be your stat weights though, just a sample as your stat weights are going to be based on your gear and the amount of stat you currently have like I mentioned in my previous post.

Simulationcraft is a website for a program you need to download, hence the download tab at the top. It may be a bit much for you right now so it might be better to stick to raidbots in the mean time.

The link in echeyakee's post that you quoted is for raidbots stat weights page.

Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post

I had tested it and it didn't look very accurate in my opinion. =S But, what do you mean stats now have DR?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Icy veins has class guides for beginners which may be a good place to start. It has general stat weights in there, you click on the class and spec guide you want and then click stat priority: https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/fury-w...-stat-priority

Those won't be your stat weights though, just a sample as your stat weights are going to be based on your gear and the amount of stat you currently have like I mentioned in my previous post.

Simulationcraft is a website for a program you need to download, hence the download tab at the top. It may be a bit much for you right now so it might be better to stick to raidbots in the mean time.

The link in echeyakee's post that you quoted is for raidbots stat weights page.
    Oh, well, I already knew about stat priority section on Icy Veins, but that's not what I am searching.

I mean, like the perfect webpage foro me is one where you type an intellect value and it tells you how much DPS it would increase. Same with all other stats. I know I ask for too much but.....

I mean, like the perfect webpage foro me is one where you type an intellect value and it tells you how much DPS it would increase. Same with all other stats. I know I ask for too much but.....
    That is the information you're getting when you sim stat weights on raidbots or with simc.

The number it gives you is how much your dps will go up per point of a given stat if all your stats remain the same and that 1 stat goes up up to a certain number. It used to be up to 1000 back in the day but with the squishes I'm not sure what it is these days.

Reforge plots used to be a lot more useful than stat weights because they'd show you where the optimal balance was. I believed they still exist in simc but you can't as easily do anything with that information since you'd need to swap entire gear pieces instead of reforging.

Why would you need that? It's not like you can actually increase your stats with such granularity ingame. Usually, you have the choice between 2 pieces and you can sim the difference between them quite accurately.

Do you have a specific application for that information or do you just want to know which stats to aim for or which item might be better? In the last case, just use raidbots.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Why would you need that? It's not like you can actually increase your stats with such granularity ingame. Usually, you have the choice between 2 pieces and you can sim the difference between them quite accurately.

Do you have a specific application for that information or do you just want to know which stats to aim for or which item might be better? In the last case, just use raidbots.
    I want to know it for my jewel sockets and my enchants, among other things. hEhE

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    That is the information you're getting when you sim stat weights on raidbots or with simc.

The number it gives you is how much your dps will go up per point of a given stat if all your stats remain the same and that 1 stat goes up up to a certain number. It used to be up to 1000 back in the day but with the squishes I'm not sure what it is these days.

Reforge plots used to be a lot more useful than stat weights because they'd show you where the optimal balance was. I believed they still exist in simc but you can't as easily do anything with that information since you'd need to swap entire gear pieces instead of reforging.
    But there's no specific option to mark on what type of encounter. I mean, there's not M+ run to mark. I can mark raid boss and many other,but once I saw in a YT video that raidbots doesn't simulate that good when it is about M+

You can specify enchants and sockets in raidbots to compare.

Also, the simulation is as accurate as your ability to follow the action list, so encounter mechanics and misplays naturally change your stat weights.
    Maybe you should actually read up a bit on theorycrafting so you can judge the information displayed by sims and tools much better.

If not, you might want to consider just following icy veins, wowhead or your favorite streamer for recommendations.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

But there's no specific option to mark on what type of encounter. I mean, there's not M+ run to mark. I can mark raid boss and many other,but once I saw in a YT video that raidbots doesn't simulate that good when it is about M+
    Go to "Simulation Options:" Thats a DropDown with Various settings.
    The first one is "Fight Style". There are many Possible Fights you can Choose.

Simc add-on + Raidbot stat-weight sim.

Litterally what you described.

I want to know it for my jewel sockets and my enchants, among other things. hEhE

- - - Updated - - -

Yes there is, at the bottom of page you select type of fight such as patchwerk, dungeon slice, target dummy etc.

Raidbots simulate really good since it is esentially simcraft. Also you cannot guesstimate your perfect stats as you will never hit perfect gear.
    That is why stat weights needs to be calculated basically each time you change gear.

Ok, so I am going to read a complete guide of Raidbots and try to simulate it. As I have heard, is not as easy as just log in your char and that's all.

Thanks for helps.

Greetings!

You can change # of targets in simc, haven't messed with raidbots much but I imagine there's some options there as well.

You can also adjust for things like no movement or heavy movement etc etc.

But honestly anything past patchwerk is not going to be super reliable with sims. Even with sims you're not going to play perfectly like the sim does so ymmv.

I had tested it and it didn't look very accurate in my opinion. =S But, what do you mean stats now have DR?
    Not sure how look and feel factor in to simulation. You should tweak some settings before siming though:

As for enchants/gems, there is an easier way. just go to top gear and there is a section for enhancements. Just select the gems/enchants you want to sim and click the checkbox to replace old ones, if you have gear that is already enchanted:

As for stat DR, here's an article:

https://www.wowhead.com/news=317580....in-shadowlands