Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadowlands will be fun!

I just watched the Shadowlands Survival Guide and I am happy to say this expansion looks phenomenal to me. Personally, as a returning player with limited time, I am not ready to commit or play hardcore anymore. I used to love min-maxing, raiding daily, doing rated PvP; now things are different, but I still harbor love for this game and my characters and want to explore and experience the world and content created. Shadowlands looks like a blast to me, overflowing with cool new places and characters to see and discover. After initial reservations about the expansion, the sheer content and progression options provided through the new systems (covenants, torghast) is phenomenal to me! I understand there are flaws with the systems, and the state of the game, and I do not mean to invalidate those concerns at all. That being said, looking at the vast content and progressions options provided with Shadowlands in addition to the already established system such as raids, M+, arenas -- for the first time in a long time I feel like there is actually something cool for every player in this game. I am excited about the idea to actually play the game, and do whatever I want to enjoy the game.

have fun man, hope you enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by Kevombat View Post
    I just watched the Shadowlands Survival Guide and I am happy to say this expansion looks phenomenal to me. Personally, as a returning player with limited time, I am not ready to commit or play hardcore anymore. I used to love min-maxing, raiding daily, doing rated PvP; now things are different, but I still harbor love for this game and my characters and want to explore and experience the world and content created. Shadowlands looks like a blast to me, overflowing with cool new places and characters to see and discover. After initial reservations about the expansion, the sheer content and progression options provided through the new systems (covenants, torghast) is phenomenal to me! I understand there are flaws with the systems, and the state of the game, and I do not mean to invalidate those concerns at all. That being said, looking at the vast content and progressions options provided with Shadowlands in addition to the already established system such as raids, M+, arenas -- for the first time in a long time I feel like there is actually something cool for every player in this game. I am excited about the idea to actually play the game, and do whatever I want to enjoy the game.
    You're preaching to the wrong crowd here.

The majority of MMO-champ posters are cynical, egotistical, negative, toxic people who will mostly disagree and tell you how Blizzard is over.
    Last edited by THEORACLE64; 2020-11-20 at 04:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad you like it, I hope it'll be great too. ^^
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

It looks pretty good. I'm hyped. I've been trying to avoid news. They better not make me pvp, but I'm tentatively hyped, lol.

Compared to BfA, anything is fun Really though, it looks like a huge step in the right direction with a lot of good things going on. The Maw looks shocking, but that's just one lil thing.

I'm pretty excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevombat View Post
    Good for you, finally people posting positive stuff.
    I have been having fun in beta even tho it was in a horrendous state when I was playing. Now that they polished some stuff, fixed some of the bugs, made the 2 classes I will play better and more fun and improved legendaries/conduits I am really hyped for shadowlands. It will have a lot of issues tho, but none that matter that much imho. Like competetive pvp could potentially be a clusterfk...but I only play that casually so idc that much. Raid testing was fun, alts are WAY easier maintained, there is a lot of grind if you want to but it is at no point mandatory. Man, I never thought I'd say it again but I have some hope left blizz can manage the game going even tho they have Activision on their back.

90% of the guild took off for the next week, everyone is fked by corona lockdown...so we all got the perfect excuse to play 24/7. Hyped! And hoping there won't be server/login issues for that week. ^^

I think the systems will be annoying but outside of that it looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I think the systems will be annoying but outside of that it looks good.
    Which ones? Why? Compared to previous expansions?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't think it's too much to ask people to give feedback based on actual abilities/testing, not hyperbole. (Celestalon)

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm gonna start again with the new expansion. Haven't played for 2 years. Was thinking about getting a 6 month sub and playing on and off.
    But I won't be starting during the release. Perhaps the next weekend. I'm not in a hurry.

I'm getting the WoW itch again after burning out really damn hard after 10 years straight raiding at the highest level,when I genuinely thought I was done with WoW for good.

I dunno if I'll play Shadowlands right away (the Sylvanas nonsense story is still kind of a huge turnoff),but if the game keep taking steps in the right direction,maybe I'll come back as a casual

Looks pretty good. Some of the aspects of Covenants still frustrate me and the down to the wire tuning does little to rectify my concerns, but I already know it's a matter of time before a 9.1 Hail Mary anyway. Overall, the core gameplay look is enjoyable in a way that BFA was not. That's what matters most.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    Which ones? Why? Compared to previous expansions?
    Covenants mostly and what all is tied to them. They seem better then bfa but better then bfa isn't the bar I want to see met.

I don't find any system that has me repeatedly doing easy content to be that interesting. It isnt a deal breaker but I wont praise it.

I'm very excited to see where the story goes. It's all new fertile ground.

I like that the best possible speculation ais Helya patch and Jailer patch? (Maybe?) .

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    You're preaching to the wrong crowd here.

The majority of MMO-champ posters are cynical, egotistical, negative, toxic people who will mostly disagree and tell you how Blizzard is over.
    So true, yet they read WoW news everyday on this site, i just don't get it. I don't sit on forums for games I don't play...

Excited for shadowlands got a week off to thoroughly enjoy it and take my time.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks better than Battle for Azeroth for sure.

Dog shit with gravy on top tastes better than plain dog shit. Eventually you get used to the taste.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2020-11-21 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post

Dog shit with gravy on top tastes better than plain dog shit. Eventually you get used to the taste.
    BfA wasn't as bad as people made it out to be, honestly. Was it great? No. It wasn't terrible though - that title still goes to WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post

Speaking from personal experience?
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

I don’t get overly excited to avoid getting dissapointed. I expect that the first month will be quite fun to play like with most expansions. I’m just glad to finally leave BFA to hopefully something better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Speaking from personal experience?

Well.....