Poll: How old is too old for gaming?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never too old to enjoy playing video games. I am living proof of that.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

There is no such thing as too old for gaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    My dads in his 60's and he still plays video games lol. So my guess is never.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you turn 3 333 333 333 seconds old is when you're too old!

Yes I'm joking. As long as you have fun playing video games, you should continue playing them when you have the free time if you want to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    actually, people will realize the need to when reality hits them unless they're set for life as a teen already.
    Let's assume you work 40 hours a week, have a 2 hour commute each way, and need to do chores for another 2 hours.

That still leaves you with 2 hours of free time per day, or 14 hours per week, assuming you don't get more on the weekends. Let's then assume that you have a partner you like: Well you can play video games together.
    Or if your partner doesn't want to, then you can still set aside a couple hours a week while still having time left over to enjoy time with your partner

If you’re dead you’re probably too old....but still young enough to vote democrat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethxx View Post
    If you’re dead you’re probably too old....but still young enough to vote democrat
    This is about playing video games, not being played by an oligarch.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Well I am in my 60s and retired. Why shouldn't I play some games? I have been playing various games since pong and don't see myself stopping any time soon. My wife plays games on her tablet, nothing intense just puzzle and bejeweled type games. My mother even played card games online until last year (her mind is starting to slip to much). When my children were young and we were relatively poor spare time to play games was rare but not completely unheard of. You can find time for hobbies while still maintaining a healthy work and family life.

Why do people think that gaming is to time consuming for an adult, yet think nothing of someone watching football 3 nights a week or going golfing every other weekend?

You've got a whole generation in their 40s that grew up playing video game and have had it as a hobby for the majority of their life.

in another 20 - 30 years your gonna be seeing smash brothers tournaments in nursing homes.

there is no such thing as too old for video games. The average age of a "gamer" is 35. Video games ceased being a childs hobby a long time ago.