Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Seeing this trailer before WoW was out way back in 2001 on a CD off PC Format Magazine;

10+ Year Old Account
    Reagents for Fortitude, Gift of the Wild, Greater paladin blessings.
    Putin khuliyo

used to have to feed your pet meat as a hunter

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I remember when you had actual server communities and you knew people, when there was a real community.
    Server communities never existed. You knew a couple of dozen people out of tens of thousands and, if they're anything like the groups I knew, lasted for a few months while everyone got geared until it all came crashing down because of soap opera bull crap among the guild officers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaganite View Post
    I honestly thought I imagined the priest part. I was 13 when I started playing (now 29) and I couldn't remember if it was just something I thought of.

I remember when we didnt have portals and it took the best part of an hour to get to Deadmines at level 16 if you were a night elf

I played a NE first in Vanilla and leveled almost exclusively on Kalimdor. I remember being in IF and wondering why characters in their teens where trying to get groups for Dire Maul.

I remember I had mobility on my paladin
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am so old that I remember Dune II..
    Which inspired old Blizz guys to make WarCraft 1 and WarCraft 2...
    Which was the basis of WarCraft III...
    Which was the whole foundation of WoW...

So, all hail Westwood Studios! RIP

Quote Originally Posted by chris100185 View Post
    I played a NE first in Vanilla and leveled almost exclusively on Kalimdor. I remember being in IF and wondering why characters in their teens where trying to get groups for Dire Maul.
    likely story

7+ Year Old Account
    Mounting up had 3 sec cast time.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Having to 'mine' mineral nodes multiple times to get all of the resources out of it. Staying stuck in looting said minerals for minutes out of spite because some asshole was trying to move in on the node.

Being basically invincible in battlegrounds as a paladin even though I was under geared, under leveled and a complete pants on head idiot at the game at the time.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean my "I'm so old..." will always be "I remember when we had PvP Rank Titles, and still have my Sergeant Dwarf sitting only slightly touched since 2.0 dropped."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I remember when I first started the game, the spiders in the night elf starting zone cave were hostile. After a few weeks they were neutral.

I have looked on and off for years to see when this change was made because I want to know exactly when I started the game, but I can’t seem to find this change anywhere.

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember when druids had the ability to use polearms taken away from them.
    I remember having 300/300 unarmed weapon skill on my priest.
    I remember making a ton of gold simply by spamming Org that I had all keys in the game and only accepted summons to groups who needed something unlocked.
    I remember having to help my warlock friend farm a full bag of shards before every raid and also being the lock who had to farm shards for the raid too.
    I remember farming Strat Holy Water and speccing into Holy Nova for my shadow priest to do her Anathema.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember wall climbing with the flag in WSG to the top of the mountain peaks before timers were implemented. Also wall climbing behind the base with the flag and running behind where the flag spawned in order to jump through the wall and cap it. Being 13 and pissing people off was much more amusing then than it is now.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I loved collecting keys and making the keyring bigger. I had a 32 slot keyring!
    I’m so old I remember the time BEFORE keyring!
    And priests speccing for +15% wand damage!

I am so old I remember Peons and Peasants building roads.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I remember getting to buddys with my warlock and summon random people down in those water holes in Ungroro... and watch them drown on the way up.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I loved collecting keys and making the keyring bigger. I had a 32 slot keyring!
    Im still butthurt years later they just did away with the keyring and my massive key collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaganite View Post
    I honestly thought I imagined the priest part. I was 13 when I started playing (now 29) and I couldn't remember if it was just something I thought of.

I remember when we didnt have portals and it took the best part of an hour to get to Deadmines at level 16 if you were a night elf
    Yeah. Humans had desperate prayer, dwarves were op'ly broken with fear ward, night elves had some arcane damage starfall like thing, trolls had a lightning shield but with shadow damage, undead had devouring plague.

OT: Nothing but caster form till 10, bear form till 20, 0 energy when you shifted, couldn't talk to npcs in form, forms took most of your mana, melee'ing as balance to regain mana.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LostSinclair View Post
    Having to 'mine' mineral nodes multiple times to get all of the resources out of it. Staying stuck in looting said minerals for minutes out of spite because some asshole was trying to move in on the node.

Being basically invincible in battlegrounds as a paladin even though I was under geared, under leveled and a complete pants on head idiot at the game at the time.
    The old adage. It takes an army to kill a paladin and an army of paladins to kill anything.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I am so old I was playing Warcraft 2 multiplayer on a 14400 baud dial up.