View Poll Results: Will Blizzard announce the next WoW expansion at BlizzConline?

Voters
153. This poll is closed
  • Yay!

2 1.31%
  • Nay!

151 98.69%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, they announce expacs a yearish after the current one releases. It's been this way for a long time now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It'll be four months (it would have been 5 months if not for the delay), and Wrath was announced 6 months after the release of TBC.
    TBC released in January 2007, Lich King announced in August 2007.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

With BlizzCon 2021 taking place in February, do you think that's when Blizzard is going to announce the next WoW expansion, or do you think they'll announce it at Gamecon in the summer? I don't think that they're going to have a BlizzCon in the fall like they typically do.
    probably tbc.

With BlizzCon 2021 taking place in February, do you think that's when Blizzard is going to announce the next WoW expansion, or do you think they'll announce it at Gamecon in the summer? I don't think that they're going to have a BlizzCon in the fall like they typically do.
    They are probably not announcing the new expansion until half way through Shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    TBC released in January 2007, Lich King announced in August 2007.
    TBC was released on January 16th. WotLK was announced on August 3rd.

That's 6.5 months.

They won't even announce the next expansion anytime next year.

Of course not lol.

9.1 will be announced on Blizzcon Online. At least a year for next expansion announcement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arna View Post
    My father, who is the best friend of Blizzard's CEO and the mistress of Ion, told me they would annouce the next expansion this February
    Oh hey, that's my uncle! Hi nephew!
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    No chance in hell. We haven't even seen what the patch content for Shadowlands is going to look like. We won't be seeing what 10.0 is until at least a year from now and the release won't be until 2022 at the earliest. We typically get the expansion announcement in the middle of the previous expansion. Not the start of it

Seems to me they already have their work cut out for them...

Noes. Will be announced next autumn. They usually announce them roughly one year before they ship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    They won't even announce the next expansion anytime next year.
    Actually the next expansion is announced at the BlizzCon that follows the release of the previous expansion. It's always been that way. Only one that bucked that trend was Legion which was announced at GameCon instead.

I have never seen a more one sided poll.

Late 2021 or early 2022.

Actually the next expansion is announced at the BlizzCon that follows the release of the previous expansion. It's always been that way. Only one that bucked that trend was Legion which was announced at GameCon instead.
    Take the L on this one. Look at the poll. You're wrong, end of story.

It'll be four months (it would have been 5 months if not for the delay), and Wrath was announced 6 months after the release of TBC.
    And how about history that isn't more then a decade old?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Take the L on this one. Look at the poll. You're wrong, end of story.
    Just FYI, I also voted no on the poll too. I'm just saying there is a possibility.

There is no chance that will happen.

Maybe if they have a new Blizzcon at the end of the year. If they keep the scheduale, then they will do it in february again. That is where you will see an announcement.

What will be announced february next year is the next FFXIV expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    And how about history that isn't more then a decade old?

I didn't realize there was an expiration date on history.

The point is that there is a precedent for Blizzard announcing the next expansion relatively quickly after releasing the previous one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    There is no chance that will happen.

Maybe if they have a new Blizzcon at the end of the year. If they keep the scheduale, then they will do it in february again. That is where you will see an announcement.

What will be announced february next year is the next FFXIV expansion.
    Well that's the thing; the only reason Blizzard is doing this is because the BlizzCon planned for October was cancelled. What if they don't have an in-person BlizzCon for 2021, and schedule the next in-person BlizzCon for fall 2022? That would push their announcements for the fall either forward to February, or back for fall 2022. There's no way they're going to let a WoW expansion announcement wait until the end of 2022, so that opens up the possibility of them moving it up the announcement to February.

Next xpac will be revealed autumn 2022 with a release 2023

I didn't realize there was an expiration date on history.

The point is that there is a precedent for Blizzard announcing the next expansion relatively quickly after releasing the previous one.
    So, chances are next expansion Blizzard might take the servers offline at launch midnight and slowly turn them back on to enable the expansion as people try to reconnect and destroy the login servers?

No, you won't expect that because Blizzard hasn't had to do that for the last several expansions.
    Yes history has an expiration date when your trying to draw conclusions from it.

When has Blizzard announced the next expansion the last 3 expansions?
    How about the last 4, the last 5?

Recent history is a damn lot more important for establishing precedent then ancient history.

And heck your final point is also already moot by your own logic. There is precedent for Blizzard announcing a new expansion outside of Blizzcon.
    Therefor the Blizzcon date in 2022 is not relevant for when the expansion will be announced.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

No way in hell they announce the next expansion just 3 months after SL comes out.