Thread: Oribos is awful

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Sure beats pre-flying Dazar'alor by a mile though.
    I loved Boralus, it felt like a real, living city, even if the colour palette wasn't all that fun.

5+ Year Old Account
    They should have brought Dalaran, not the touched up version, but a totally re-made city, post-Suramar/Boralus when Blizz got into building proper big cities.

I want to see Dalaran 3.0 that is huge n not restrained to Wotlk size...at least 7 times larger, totally new buildings, no copy-paste, as if this would be the first time Dalaran was created.

Then copy paste it to Northrend but add winter theme with snow on rooftops, Broken Isles with Summer feel, Shadowlands with haunted n cozy autumn feel...

But no, instead we get a base more fit for a patch than an expansion this xpac...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I like it.
    I agree it doesn’t need to dismount us, but anything is better than having to take flight paths around a capital city...
    Ur literally complaining that a city is the size of...a city, n not a village
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-11-24 at 02:19 PM.

Simple but ugly or beautiful but a freakin maze to navigate... I will take the first one. Remember Zuldazar?

But still I understand you, they could do a better job. A kid can imagine a better main hub. Like someone threw it together in one night, like Stormshield on Ashran...

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    Simple but ugly or beautiful but a freakin maze to navigate... I will take the first one. Remember Zuldazar?

But still I understand you, they could do a better job. A kid can imagine a better main hub. Like someone threw it together in one night, like Stormshield on Ashran...
    Stormshield had character at least and seemed like a place that was being built. Oribos is like the Shrines in MoP, literally just a series of rooms to facilitate aspects of gameplay.

agreed i wont be spending time there

Literally a polar opposite of Dazal'Alor. DA is immersive and beautiful but takes too long to navigate. Oribos feels so convenient that it's almost like developers testing grounds, with all the vendors crammed in some basic space.

I don't mind it tho, it seems we get 4 "bases of operations" per each covenant, and the zones themselves feel way more natural (so far), as actual places those factions live in, so immersion can be found there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually kind of dig it. I don't want to spend time there per se - but dig it in the sense that I think it fits the aesthetic well. No one is coming to the afterlife to have fun, apparently, so it's flat, empty, and vaguely scholarly.

really hope they fix the constant dismount everytime you change ring. has an ironforge feel but the dismount is !@#$
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they'll drag Dalaran there in the next patch.
    You either die a Varian, or live long enough to see yourself become a Thrall...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    I actually kind of dig it. I don't want to spend time there per se - but dig it in the sense that I think it fits the aesthetic well. No one is coming to the afterlife to have fun, apparently, so it's flat, empty, and vaguely scholarly.
    Which is why should have brought Dalaran along instead. If there's no gnome selling cookies n tea, something is wrong..
    Even Boralus has some amazing places (easily missed due to lack of quests in the city...Suramar was sooo much better, best content ever.
    The best buildings in Boralus were not even at harbor where we mostly hanged out, and the pvp place looked like a small building where they'd store fish...
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-11-24 at 04:00 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    I love oribos, its simple and nicely ordered.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

Oribos is nice and clean looking. Everything you need is in clearly defined areas.

Yeah it's boring and empty like they made it in a week. Worst capital city they've ever made besides maybe Drazalalalaoororor

I like it, though would be nice if you could go about mounted...

Utility wise much better than Dazaralor, but feels like a plane bagel with no cream cheese.

Isn’t it supposed to be boring, really? From what I gather, it’s not like it was meant to be a center of commerce or a population center. I think it looks pretty cool for what is essentially a bureaucratic way station
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    It's more organised than Boralus. I'm giving it points for that. I just don't like getting dismounted in the sections with trainers etc.

- - - Updated - - -

lol designed? There's no logical design to that city. It's awful.
    Boralus was awesome. It was a city that actually felt like a freaking city. Best city they've ever done in the game by far.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love oribos, it's simple clean and I find it pretty.

If you changed your post to "the maw" then i would completey agree with you. The maw is probably the dumbest thing Blizzard has ever thought of, and covenants are pretty fucking stupid gameplay wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a fan of it. It's drab & ugly, and not in an enjoyable, immersive way like, say, Boralus.

The convenience angle brought up here strikes me as a bit weird as well, considering how much of the city qualifies as "indoors" and dismounts you as a result. It's less tedious than pre-flying Dazar'alor, but I still really don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Utility wise much better than Dazaralor, but feels like a plane bagel with no cream cheese.
    Thats fine. Cream cheese is disgusting.