15+ Year Old Account

Playstyle question

Been a long time Prot Pally main. When I saw Bastion, I just couldn't wait to align my paladin with that covenant for RP reasons. After spending a few hours on my Prot Pally, I'm really not liking the new Holy Power Playstyle. I never liked it on Ret, and I'm really not liking it here.

Have other tank classes changed much? I know I could go test myself but it took me a few hours to decide this new Prot Pally wasn't to my liking at all. I figured if a question could save me a few hours then I would ask.

What I enjoyed about the the Prot Pally before was how fast it felt to play. I also enjoyed Prot Warrior back at the beginning of Legion for the playstyle even though it wasn't my main.

I read BDK is still the same, just more defensive cooldowns. While I love the DK lore, I don't like the Blood spec.

What are you opinions other other tank spec playstyles atm? Again, if I can save myself a few hours by asking then I will be very happy since I don't have much playtime anymore. Also, this is not a FOTM question, purely a playstyle question.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    Been a long time Prot Pally main. When I saw Bastion, I just couldn't wait to align my paladin with that covenant for RP reasons. After spending a few hours on my Prot Pally, I'm really not liking the new Holy Power Playstyle. I never liked it on Ret, and I'm really not liking it here.

Have other tank classes changed much? I know I could go test myself but it took me a few hours to decide this new Prot Pally wasn't to my liking at all. I figured if a question could save me a few hours then I would ask.

What I enjoyed about the the Prot Pally before was how fast it felt to play. I also enjoyed Prot Warrior back at the beginning of Legion for the playstyle even though it wasn't my main.

I read BDK is still the same, just more defensive cooldowns. While I love the DK lore, I don't like the Blood spec.

What are you opinions other other tank spec playstyles atm? Again, if I can save myself a few hours by asking then I will be very happy since I don't have much playtime anymore. Also, this is not a FOTM question, purely a playstyle question.
    It doesnt play any different, it should play even better than before with higher uptime on shield, paladin is fairly strong atm as i think it has the highest physical dmg reduction, holy power is spend on either shield or heal so its hardly any different as you were limited with shield charges before and now your only limited by HP generation where you could end up with 100% uptime on shield buff.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    It doesnt play any different, it should play even better than before with higher uptime on shield, paladin is fairly strong atm as i think it has the highest physical dmg reduction, holy power is spend on either shield or heal so its hardly any different as you were limited with shield charges before and now your only limited by HP generation where you could end up with 100% uptime on shield buff.
    I will keep messing with it to see if I can grow to like it. I'm not doubting its performance, I just don't like it. One thing I never liked about the BDK was managing resources. I liked Prot Paladin and PWar for that reason. Yes, I had mana and rage, but you didn't really have to worry about it, you just played.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD