Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Aren't you too busy with writing down the mathematical formula proving how SL is already the greatest expansion to any game ever and that Blizzard is god to have enough time to spare to straw-man the OP like that? Or is it just so obvious that the formula basically writes itself?

And for the record, I don't even agree with the OP.
    Nope, but apparently you're very VERY busy following me around in various threads.

You're also so single-minded that you completely ignore any post I make that's critical, and there's been SO many this expansion, just to jump at calling me a fanboy whenever you get the chance. Pathetic behaviour at best, a bit scary at worst.

Thanks to X for tipping me off to this behaviour.

Quests are forgettable (as always), music I think for the first time in WoW (and maybe Blizzard) history is meh or non existent and forgettable too. There´s a reason people are happy, and praising blizzard that 50-60 takes between 6-9 hours. Finally Blizz akwnoledges that levelling in wow is shit and nobody cares and we just want to get to the good stuff. Torghast is on point and fun, too bad we have to take hours of boring chores before that.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    explorations/scattered quest hub style of gameplay is preferable in an mmo to the more curated experience.
    That is irrelevant and i didn't even take that into consideration.

Obviously its my opinion but that opinion is based on short term questing without any nostalgia bullshit.

So far I think it's well behind both WoD and Legion in terms of leveling. I was more engaged in those storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post

Well... who else expected this?
    Game with millions of players. Yes, some may have differing opinions.

Thinking BC was the best leveling prior to SL is a questionable opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    So far I think it's well behind both WoD and Legion in terms of leveling. I was more engaged in those storylines.
    I'd go so far as to say that it's behind BfA and MoP as well as of right now where I'm at in the questing experience.

Hoping it gets better in other zones/subareas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    The idea that we have to do the main storyline to “try out the covenants” is dumb. Covenants don’t matter in world content, and you get to try each one for what, 90 minutes?
    Even worse to be honest, I really can’t even be fucked testing the covenant spells. I drag them to some random corner to fuck off that giant button right over my character and then I keep doing my normal rotation. Go away covenant spells, I’m trying to kill things here.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

I liked it a lot at first too. But 3 days in and I am seeing the problems. You don't even get to see half the zones during questing. (Not even during side quests). They are just areas for world quests I guess. Not a fan of that. Feels like they fired so many people they didn't have enough employees to make all of the necessary quests.... Also lots of bugs and even typos. And the most system bloat we have seen ever. Which is saying a lot. And I will have to disagree with you again on the story. Looks like we will be strung along again for another 2 years with no real developments.

The Art is on point as always. Especially if you have a high end rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Devylknyght View Post
    I liked it a lot at first too. But 3 days in and I am seeing the problems. You don't even get to see half the zones during questing. (Not even during side quests). They are just areas for world quests I guess. Not a fan of that. Feels like they fired so many people they didn't have enough employees to make all of the necessary quests.... Also lots of bugs and even typos. And the most system bloat we have seen ever. Which is saying a lot. And I will have to disagree with you again on the story. Looks like we will be strung along again for another 2 years with no real developments.

The Art is on point as always. Especially if you have a high end rig.
    They hired more developers, which makes it worse. If they'd fired actual devs rather than support staff, it could be understandable.

Also, thank the Light for the small things: https://blizzardwatch.com/2020/09/09...veling-choice/

Maybe there'll be a way to level whilst skipping Bastion entirely, in the future.

5+ Year Old Account
    From a technical perspective, launch has been flawless. No lag, no random disconnects, no weird phasing issues or annoying bugs such as looting a herb node and getting stuck (I experienced all that crap during BfA launch and some time afterwards).

From a story point of view, it really picks up once you leave Bastion behind. God the zone is pretty, but the story is a major slug.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    From a technical perspective, launch has been flawless. No lag, no random disconnects, no weird phasing issues or annoying bugs such as looting a herb node and getting stuck.

From a story point of view, it really picks up once you leave Bastion behind. God the zone is pretty, but the story is a major slug.
    This brings me hope, because damn... This simply isn't fun so far. Doesn't help that I don't actually like the visuals of the zone. Got into the game after a 2 hour queue (my own fault for choosing a Full server) but anytime I am chauffeured by a sameface NPC, I take a swig and check one of 5 websites.

If there was booze in my glass, I'd be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Game with millions of players. Yes, some may have differing opinions.

Thinking BC was the best leveling prior to SL is a questionable opinion though.
    Yeah, don't understand that. BC had the same type of leveling as vanilla meaning a couple hubs per zone with a ton of quests in each and a pretty loose thread of story going through a zone.

SL is good but Wod is still better.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    We may not agree on a lot, but I agree with this. I miss the 3 player group quests, where that number *actually* meant bring 3 players or fail.
    I instead like the possibility to also try and defeat the mob alone if you play certain classes/specs and perfectly know how to use all the toolkit you have.

Feels way more rewarding than simply outdamage/outheal the mob with the help of other two random dudes.

10+ Year Old Account
    BC leveling is a pretty low standard

We may not agree on a lot, but I agree with this. I miss the 3 player group quests, where that number *actually* meant bring 3 players or fail.
    Well I was in a bad mood when I posted that as it clearly simplifies the topic, I'm not 100% happy with the way leveling is designed, ever. ^_^

I agree with you as well, it's a shame really that any quest that used to require 3 players can be easily soloed today, like in Dragonblight. One of my earliest memories in the game was from when I decided to ignore the 3 player warning, got recked by the quest NPC, and found 2 other people to take it down alongside me.

It's annoying if one plays during odd hours and there's not a whole lot of people around, but that's why those quests are not required to finish a zone. Make it a mix. Regular leveling difficulty with mobs/rares here and there posing a challenge but being well worth the effort of getting a small group/requiring better solo play than usual.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post

Well... who else expected this?
    You might want to read the first thread. Dude is talking about the Maw intro specifically, not SL generally, and his criticisms aren't entirely invalid. But overall SL's leveling experience, once it gets past being super-slow in the Maw and in the first two bits of Bastion, is fantastic.

Legion and BfA weren't bad for leveling, at all (in fact BfA leveling was actually pretty good). WoD was excellent. Everything else wasn't great. This is at least on-par with WoD for me, and it seems really fast.

I particularly want to give a shout-out to whoever designed the shielded exclamation point to show the "required" quests and allow you to skip sidequests if you want. That's huge. I'd have been taking significantly longer leveling if it wasn't for that.

The last time that was even arguably true was WotLK, and even in the initial leveling my wife and I duo'd various 5-man group quests without issues. I think there was maybe 1 which actually did kinda need 3+ people when ungeared, just because the mob used so much CC.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    You might want to read the first thread. Dude is talking about the Maw intro specifically, not SL generally, and his criticisms aren't entirely invalid. But overall SL's leveling experience, once it gets past being super-slow in the Maw and in the first two bits of Bastion, is fantastic.

Legion and BfA weren't bad for leveling, at all (in fact BfA leveling was actually pretty good). WoD was excellent. Everything else wasn't great. This is at least on-par with WoD for me, and it seems really fast.

I particularly want to give a shout-out to whoever designed the shielded exclamation point to show the "required" quests and allow you to skip sidequests if you want. That's huge. I'd have been taking significantly longer leveling if it wasn't for that.
    I did not put this image here to criticize nor to say lvling experience is good now.
    I am totally neutral.
    Just wanted to show that every single xpack we got these people starting exactly same threads with totally oposite statements which is pretty funny to me.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Terrible leveling. I spent 10 hours, did Bastion, not even full and already 55 level. It's just stupid. I want slow leveling. I want 500+ hours of leveling. I want thousands of quests. Every quest should require running to another side of the map and spending a hour grinding stuff. Not just running around and clicking abundant things. It seems that nothing will beat vanilla.
    You know why games like that don't exist anymore? Because they suck ass

Great leveling... and that's about it. If we had this leveling, plus Wrath / MoP gameplay, it'd be a great game again.