Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    based on the old ban and current limitation on assault weapons that clearly define what an assault weapon is

Anyone own a decades old grandfathered in assault weapon?
    doubt it just based on the cost.
    I'm not clear what your position is still. Do you think no one here owns the weapons that Biden campaigned on banning the sale of?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'm not clear what your position is still. Do you think no one here owns the weapons that Biden campaigned on banning the sale of?
    are you fishing for some "got ya" moment?

Based on his web site and "assault weapons", no I don't.

Unless there is some conspiracy that he is coming for AR and the variants that people often mistake as being bundled in with assault weapons.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Unless there is some conspiracy that he is coming for AR and the variants that people often mistake as being bundled in with assault weapons.
    I just really have no idea what you're trying to argue. He's stated plainly that he intends to ban the sale of "assault weapons" and magazines over ten rounds. You can't possibly believe that anyone is so fucking retarded that they should read that and think "surely my assault weapons and magazines will be fine going forward though".

You seem to be confused.
    There is the general definition of an Assault Rifle, which is a machinegun, generally medium caliber or lighter.
    Then there is the Semi-Automatic Assault Weapon Ban definition from 1994, which banned a category of firearms (handguns, shotguns, rifles) as Assault Weapons.
    There's also the AWB2 that Feinstein presented some years ago with broader definitions.

Millions of folks own "Assault Weapons" as defined in either of the latter two, but you may be referring to Assault Rifles which are legally not a category other than Machine Guns.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I just really have no idea what you're trying to argue. He's stated plainly that he intends to ban the sale of "assault weapons" and magazines over ten rounds. You can't possibly believe that anyone is so fucking retarded that they should read that and think "surely my assault weapons and magazines will be fine going forward though".
    a ban is not confiscation which is the original argument.
    Confiscation is not included, grandfathering in just like the old assault weapons. I mean it says it right on his web site.

He is basing it off the 1994 ban, which i highly doubt anyone here has the weapons that would be include...and again....even if you did you get to KEEP them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    You seem to be confused.
    There is the general definition of an Assault Rifle, which is a machinegun, generally medium caliber or lighter.
    Then there is the Semi-Automatic Assault Weapon Ban definition from 1994, which banned a category of firearms (handguns, shotguns, rifles) as Assault Weapons.
    There's also the AWB2 that Feinstein presented some years ago with broader definitions.

Millions of folks own "Assault Weapons" as defined in either of the latter two, but you may be referring to Assault Rifles which are legally not a category other than Machine Guns.
    No a ban is not confiscation.
    Not confused you guys keep going off on tangents from the original argument.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

also like many gun control nut bags he lumps semi-automatic rifles in with assault weapons because they look scary.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

a ban is not confiscation which is the original argument.
    Confiscation is not included, grandfathering in just like the old assault weapons. I mean it says it right on his web site.
    Broadening classification of Assault Weapon, Mandatory buy-back or register as NFA. No grandfathering in the old style. Magazines don't get specified, not sure if they're each registered as NFA items as they're not mentioned there, but they are mentioned in the Mandatory Buy Back.
    Also banning any new manufacture of course.

He is basing it off the 1994 ban, which i highly doubt anyone here has the weapons that would be include...and again....even if you did you get to KEEP them.
    He's just copy pasting the Giffords Anti-Gun groups talking points.

Broadening classification of Assault Weapon, Mandatory buy-back or register as NFA. No grandfathering in the old style. Magazines don't get specified, not sure if they're each registered as NFA items as they're not mentioned there, but they are mentioned in the Mandatory Buy Back.

the plan is for all magazines over 10 rounds to be nfa items.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    also like many gun control nut bags he lumps semi-automatic rifles in with assault weapons because they look scary.
    awww so cute. Little boy calling people gun control nut bags because they want reasonable limits. The irony.

Been around guns all my life, none of them are all that scary till you have one pointed at you...then they ALL are scary.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

No a ban is not confiscation.
    Not confused you guys keep going off on tangents from the original argument.
    I never said ban, I'm trying to assist you in clearing up your confusion when you make the ignorant comment that no one owns an actual assault weapon.

An AR15 fits the definition of an Assault Weapon under the old AWB and more models will be under the new one, many people own them.

So they have to register to keep, and? Still not taking them away unless you fail to follow the law. There are a lot of laws currently on the books that if you don't follow you lose your weapons its nothing new.

Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our communities. Biden will also institute a program to buy back weapons of war currently on our streets. This will give individuals who now possess assault weapons or high-capacity magazines two options: sell the weapons to the government, or register them under the National Firearms Act.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

So they have to register to keep, and? Still not taking them away unless you fail to follow the law. There are a lot of laws currently on the books that if you don't follow you lose your weapons its nothing new.

Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our communities. Biden will also institute a program to buy back weapons of war currently on our streets. This will give individuals who now possess assault weapons or high-capacity magazines two options: sell the weapons to the government, or register them under the National Firearms Act.
    Australia and England started woth just a registry too. Then they used the registry to confiscate them.

- - - Updated - - -

Nazi Germany also started with a gun registration.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Dude I am down for the 2nd Amendment but can we not go into the competing game of accusing people of being "like Nazi's" because of policy disagreements?

Like, it isn't fair to suggest these Libs are Nazi like or even make that comparison on that. That is actually ridiculous. Don't drop to their level on that, they already try to by innuendo imply 2nd Amendment defenders are like slavery defenders, don't play that shitty game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Dude I am down for the 2nd Amendment but can we not go into the competing game of accusing people of being "like Nazi's" because of policy disagreements?

Like, it isn't fair to suggest these Libs are Nazi like or even make that comparison on that. That is actually ridiculous. Don't drop to their level on that, they already try to by innuendo imply 2nd Amendment defenders are like slavery defenders, don't play that shitty game.
    I'm not calling anybody nazis. I'm saying that every time a country says its just a registry its followed by a confiscation of guns.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Don't drop to their level on that, they already try to by innuendo imply 2nd Amendment defenders are like slavery defenders, don't play that shitty game.
    I don't think that's the comparison. The comparison is because Ghostpanther wrote, "the US has amended it's constitution around 28 times. But never has taken away a citizen's right." Which is incorrect, because not only was there Prohibition (no repealed), but prior to the 13th Amendment slavery was legal.

It's not to say that owning a gun is remotely akin to owning a person, it's correcting a factual inaccuracy.

7+ Year Old Account
    awww so cute. Little boy calling people gun control nut bags because they want reasonable limits. The irony.

Been around guns all my life, none of them are all that scary till you have one pointed at you...then they ALL are scary.
    Reasonable Limits is a lot like "Affordability", that means whatever someone wants it to mean.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not calling anybody nazis. I'm saying that every time a country says its just a registry its followed by a confiscation of guns.
    Invoking the Nazi's though is a cheap tactic and it does imply it as such. "You wouldn't happen to be Nazi's about to kill people would you?" is a dumb tactic and its cheap.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Reasonable Limits is a lot like "Affordability", that means whatever someone wants it to mean.

- - - Updated - - -

Invoking the Nazi's though is a cheap tactic and it does imply it as such. "You wouldn't happen to be Nazi's about to kill people would you?" is a dumb tactic and its cheap.
    Nah its actually quite simple, except to the people who want NO limits.

- - - Updated - - -

wait maybe i am wrong but didn't any machine gun that was in possession when the law passed, have to be registered in order to remain legal and grandfathered? its been how many decades and they never confiscated those??

- - - Updated - - -

Australia and England started woth just a registry too. Then they used the registry to confiscate them.

Oh here we go again with the Nazi's...yup.....again....

I'd like to see some citation on your claims.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

7+ Year Old Account
    Nah its actually quite simple, except to the people who want NO limits.
    And there we have mystification "Uhhh its clear if you are reasonable" is not an answer.

And there we have mystification "Uhhh its clear if you are reasonable" is not an answer.
    Well, reasonability requires being straightforward about your desires and intentions. This is a big reason why most people don't consider your side to be reasonable.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is so wrong it's hard to believe you actually know other countries exist.

There's this thing, it's called the internet, and if you leave your bubble just once you'll get educated about stuff, like, actual verifiable information.

Australia other than England didn't ban their citizens from owning handguns, England didn't ban their citizens from owning long guns. The Nazis actually reduced gun control but took them from their undesirables, you know, something you are totally fine with yourself.

here are some links you weren't able to find:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overvi...laws_by_nation
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_gun_control_argument
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.