Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Blame Blizzard that your tank insta-quits on 5man join

What genious in there thought to gate behind less than 10% RNG absolutely crucial legendaries? As a result you will queue in the random finder since you are saved and you will insta-quit if it doesn't happen to be the one you want.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    What genious in there thought to gate behind less than 10% RNG absolutely crucial legendaries? As a result you will queue in the random finder since you are saved and you will insta-quit if it doesn't happen to be the one you want.
    Except that you can specific queue dungeons
    And the legendaries drop in normal
    And normal has no lockout
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

thats not the only reason

im a tank this expansion - only thing that could be upgrade in hc dungeons atm is a neck . i have exackly 3/8 chance to get dungeon i need after my 3 daily tries-failures at specific dungeons .

ofc i leave and bite 30 minutes deserters if i get dungeon i dont need - then finish my daily calling , thorgast run / do normal dungeon on hunter and que again trying again 3/8 odds

. i wouldnt que otherwise in first place.

The same genious that knows that people who get their BIS day one will stop playing shortly thereater, complaining there's no content to progress and what is - is too easy and there is no incentive to play. As a result they unsub and Bliz gets less money.

So they take the best things and gate them behind low RNG so you have your motivation to try it another time, next week. From your POV it's dick move, from company POV it's brilliant strategy that makes product live longer and people play longer, hence pay longer.

This simply shows that people making decisions are smarter than you if you can't figure out such simple concept.

OP, have you even played this game before? You seem to not know how any of this works at all.

I mean ppl could just not be shitty and stick it out but what are the chances lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Except that you can specific queue dungeons
    And the legendaries drop in normal
    And normal has no lockout
    Expect you have no clue about what's going on here. Normal has extremely low chance.

It's time to finally introduce AI-Tanking and AI-Healing, they have it ready, tested and done, but for whatever reason NPC Party/Raid members are not implemented yet.

Quote Originally Posted by RadmaKanow View Post
    The same genious that knows that people who get their BIS day one will stop playing shortly thereater, complaining there's no content to progress and what is - is too easy and there is no incentive to play. As a result they unsub and Bliz gets less money.

So they take the best things and gate them behind low RNG so you have your motivation to try it another time, next week. From your POV it's dick move, from company POV it's brilliant strategy that makes product live longer and people play longer, hence pay longer.

This simply shows that people making decisions are smarter than you if you can't figure out such simple concept.
    But that's BS. Progressing in a raid is not gonna be easy. And getting a leggo early won't make it easy either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    OP, have you even played this game before? You seem to not know how any of this works at all.
    Are you with the other guy that has the delusion the chance is same on Normal mode?

I've been tanking since TBC and dungeon-quitting is an ass move. I only did this due RL reasons or when people start badmouthing each other. I don't mind slower or less-then-perfect runs as long as people are nice to each other and are having fun. If I want something specific, I queue to that specific dungeon. It's selfish to queue for random dungeon and if you don't land in this one specific, you insta-quit.

But that's BS. Progressing in a raid is not gonna be easy. And getting a leggo early won't make it easy either.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you with the other guy that has the delusion the chance is same on Normal mode?
    No, i didnt know about the drop rate, dont even care. Almost no one is gonna grind normal dungs anyway.

But you can queue for specific dungeons and when m+ comes out you can spam them instead of normals for the recipe.

And the rng isnt that bad, do you remeber legiondaries?

7+ Year Old Account
    Expect you have no clue about what's going on here. Normal has extremely low chance.
    and heroics chance is only slightly higher, and if a tank quits they have to wait 15 minutes to queue
    i feel you had this happen ONCE and now say its a thing that always happens
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I've been tanking since TBC and dungeon-quitting is an ass move. I only did this due RL reasons or when people start badmouthing each other. I don't mind slower or less-then-perfect runs as long as people are nice to each other and are having fun. If I want something specific, I queue to that specific dungeon. It's selfish to queue for random dungeon and if you don't land in this one specific, you insta-quit.
    In random dungeons it really isn't a big deal since you are placed back at the top of the que when your tank leaves.

You don't have to wait 15 mins. If tank left the dungeon just continue clearing, especially with 15% buff anyone can tank bosses and trash mobs. Yes even cloth can tank them.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone thinks it's a good design idea to put legendaries on early bosses, and I expect this will get changed pretty soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    and heroics chance is only slightly higher, and if a tank quits they have to wait 15 minutes to queue
    i feel you had this happen ONCE and now say its a thing that always happens
    Yeah seems likely doesn't it. It's still not good design but jeez.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

The same genius that knows legendaries drop in normal mode and you can just queue up for the same dungeon over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    In random dungeons it really isn't a big deal since you are placed back at the top of the que when your tank leaves.
    Really? I didn't know that. Good that they thought of poor souls left by the tank

so I was doing some normal mode dungeons for the 1st time today to do quests/story.

Dungeon 1 Spires of Ascension - Druid tank bails after 1st boss and group falls apart
    Dungeon 2 Spires of Ascension - War tank bails after 2nd last boss and group falls apart

I sat in queue for 30 mins till I got a full group to kill the last boss... very painful experiance

Im pretty miffed at this point as its week 1 of a new xpac and people are already selfishly bailing when they dont get the drop they want.

I see this more often with hunters in plaguefall for some reason

Easy fix, if you instant quit out of 2 queues in a day, you are blocked from using the group finder tool for 7 days.