Thread: Memory drops

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Memory drops

What is the exact drop rate of these? Trying to farm wilfreds on normal and no drops at all after a good 20 attempts.

10+ Year Old Account
    It scales with difficulty.

When I was in Beta M+10 was 100% for me. Heroic and especially Normal are much lower, I really think better not waste time grinding normals. Do your daily heroic run and weekly M0 meanwhile and let nature run its course.

mine is fuck all atm

done mists/spires every day on heroic, cept day 1, and done them both on mythic, and a bunch on normal, no dice

whoever thought this was a good idea is a fucking idiot

I've gotten 4 so far. Two from mythics and two from torghast. Really you just need to focus your bis one.

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't found any despite doing dungeons all days. Do you have to progress the campaign quests first or what? I'm at the one that requires you to get 5 renown, and the dude in the chains is asking for a thousand ashes.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I haven't found any despite doing dungeons all days. Do you have to progress the campaign quests first or what? I'm at the one that requires you to get 5 renown, and the dude in the chains is asking for a thousand ashes.
    I've gotten 2 from mythic dungeon and 2 from torghast so far and picked up a pvp vendor haven't logged in yet this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    I ran Manastorms twice on my lock. M0 and Heroic. It dropped on my 2nd run, which was heroic. I have no idea what the drop rate but it cant be that terrible, as most of the guildie locks have it as well (yes it is anecdotal, but my guild as about 15 locks).
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

you are at a point where they can drop.
    2 things:

- the recipe has a fixed location, so if your class does not have one in, let's say, Sanguine Depths, then running it will never give you a recipe.

- torghast powers seem to be 100%. (again, only if your class has one that drops from that wing)
    since the wings are inactive for 2 weeks once they shuffle out, it would be bad to not get them in the 1 run you will most likely do per layer.
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

Did around 20 normal runs to drop my from dungeon got 2 others from Thorgast

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    you are at a point where they can drop.
    2 things:

- the recipe has a fixed location, so if your class does not have one in, let's say, Sanguine Depths, then running it will never give you a recipe.

- torghast powers seem to be 100%. (again, only if your class has one that drops from that wing)
    since the wings are inactive for 2 weeks once they shuffle out, it would be bad to not get them in the 1 run you will most likely do per layer.
    Torghast isn't 100% on layer3. I ran one three times before the memory dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Deefame View Post
    Torghast isn't 100% on layer3. I ran one three times before the memory dropped.
    does your class have a drop from that wing?
    rogues for example only have an outlaw recipe in 1 of the active ones from week 1 (cannot remember if soul forges of upper reaches)

if your class has a recipe dropping there and you did not get it, than that is useful information, thanks for pointing it out.

my sample so far is a total of 6 layer 3 clears across 3 classes (rogue, priest and shaman), and they all got a memory for the first L3 clear in the wing that can drop it.
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

15+ Year Old Account
    About 10% for heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do we know what the drop chances will be for memories in Castle Nathria?

10+ Year Old Account
    Good news, today Blizzard removed the lockouts on heroics, so you can farm them or the boss you want to your content.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

You have to make sure you are targeting the right boss in the right dungeon. If you check the loot tables you will see only a certain boss drops the memory you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    does your class have a drop from that wing?
    rogues for example only have an outlaw recipe in 1 of the active ones from week 1 (cannot remember if soul forges of upper reaches)

if your class has a recipe dropping there and you did not get it, than that is useful information, thanks for pointing it out.

my sample so far is a total of 6 layer 3 clears across 3 classes (rogue, priest and shaman), and they all got a memory for the first L3 clear in the wing that can drop it.
    I did Soul Forges Layer3 thrice with my Holy Pala for sole purpose of getting the Infusion of Light power. Got it on my 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Deefame View Post
    I did Soul Forges Layer3 thrice with my Holy Pala for sole purpose of getting the Infusion of Light power. Got it on my 3rd.
    thanks for the info.

guess i have been lucky (even though the ones i got won't be used for a looong time-.-)
    knowing my luck this means that the one i want won't drop for some time.

- - - Updated - - -

2 dps got the same one from the same boss yesterday in a heroic, and then promptly left group.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

2 dps got the same one from the same boss yesterday in a heroic, and then promptly left group.
    I don't know why they didn't make all the memories drop from the last boss to avoid this. They had to see it coming.

I've done the last boss in De Other Side 36 times now on heroic, twice on mythic, with no lego drop, so the drop chance can't be that high.