Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

10+ Year Old Account
    8600k @ an all core 4.8Ghz
    16GB DDR4 3200
    Strix 1080

1440p, Cyberpunk Game-Ready driver, saw literally no performance change going from ultra, down to high, and even down to medium.. I never went above 45FPS in the Corps intro building....

Thank jebus I have a G-sync display.

Is this the new Crysis ?.

This may be the first time I'll utilize an optimization guide, waiting on Digital Foundry for that though.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Sigh when you actually play it you will know what I mean and not just be a dick about it. They are obviously gonna need to buff it and they will
    Maybe if you are such an expert you wouldn't have ignored the perks to crafted weapons that you can gain that buff the DPS. Because remember it was all about the DPS right? Or are you going to admit you were wrong instead of insulting and being a dick yourself? Which it seems you don't know all that since you thought I was talking about the mods you can put on a weapon rather then the character perks that flat out buff the Damage by 2.5% and another one that buffs the Damage and Damage-stats by 5%.

Are crafted weapons powerful early on? Likely not but they can still be powerful if as you say it is all about the DPS.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Hacking is slow as fuck. It should have been like Watch Dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Maybe if you are such an expert you wouldn't have ignored the perks to crafted weapons that you can gain that buff the DPS. Because remember it was all about the DPS right? Or are you going to admit you were wrong instead of insulting and being a dick yourself? Which it seems you don't know all that since you thought I was talking about the mods you can put on a weapon rather then the character perks that flat out buff the Damage by 2.5% and another one that buffs the Damage and Damage-stats by 5%.

Are crafted weapons powerful early on? Likely not but they can still be powerful if as you say it is all about the DPS.
    Get back to me when you know what you are actually talking about. Plus 6 damage is nothing when guns go up into the 500s. And you need mats from the tier above the tier you want to make. So when you are getting purples you can start making blue but you are already in purple gear. Why is this so hard to understand. Think dungeon crawler loot spam and crafting only makes ilvl 100 gear in wow and dungeons drop 171ilvl gear

15+ Year Old Account
    Get back to me when you know what you are actually talking about. Plus 6 damage is nothing when guns go up into the 500s. And you need mats from the tier above the tier you want to make. So when you are getting purples you can start making blue but you are already in purple gear. Why is this so hard to understand. Think dungeon crawler loot spam and crafting only makes ilvl 100 gear in wow and dungeons drop 171ilvl gear
    Mats are independent of the tier you disassemble. I get uncommon mats from common items. So perhaps you should learn the game you are playing and not think you know everything. It also isn't +6 from the perks but a percentage. You do know how percentages work don't you? It is weird how wrong you keep acting about crafting yet think it is others that don't understand the game.

Crafting works nothing like WoW item level. And again you are the one that stated it is all about the DPS in the game. You can increase the DPS of crafted items through perks. Which means crafting can be useful over simply using dropped or bought items that only have the base stats and won't be boosted the same way as a crafted item.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Mats are independent of the tier you disassemble. I get uncommon mats from common items. So perhaps you should learn the game you are playing and not think you know everything. It also isn't +6 from the perks but a percentage. You do know how percentages work don't you? It is weird how wrong you keep acting about crafting yet think it is others that don't understand the game.

Crafting works nothing like WoW item level. And again you are the one that stated it is all about the DPS in the game. You can increase the DPS of crafted items through perks. Which means crafting can be useful over simply using dropped or bought items that only have the base stats and won't be boosted the same way as a crafted item.
    Sure buddy have fun with those boosted stats you'll replace at the next loot source

Jackie is a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    This is largely false. it's not just false, it is also a gross misunderstanding and flat out ignorance in most cases.
    As @Aeluron Lightsong suggested, I never said a review should be completely objective, which is impossible to do; I said it should be as objective as possible. Of course in certain cases, like reviewing a movie/book and in this case a video game, how the narrative made you feel and that sort of thing SHOULD be part of your review. But if your review only contains your personal feelings about an item or piece of entertainment, and doesn't have a focus on technical merits, direction, mechanics, etc then you are doing a disservice to your followers.

Performance is horrible...hoping for some patches.

7+ Year Old Account
    Works fine on my PC.

i5 3.4 GHZ
    GTX 1060 6GB
    12GB DDR4

It's not max settings (Only shadows at medium) but looks great so far, haven't dropped frames yet
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its performing quite well but I also keep shadows low with these modern games cause of how taxing it is.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I've played a couple of hours, still irked by the 'almost always first person' camera but in all, I'm pretty impressed so far. I don't feel like it uses raytracing as dramatically as games like Control, but that probably has to do with the size of the world and number of NPCs.

To its credit, the game runs butter smooth at ultra-everything.

- - - Updated - - -

I went with a slightly edited version of the default female V myself. I wanted to post a screen but apparently Ansel wasn't working the whole time I was playing. >.<
    Ugh, I literally created an account over on the Cyberpunk forum, made a singular post about not having third person view as a play option. Mind you it was just this year and way too late in production. I doubt they would've listened anyways. No matter what year it was..
    I never understood the we will let you ultra customize your character, but you can't see it majority of the time.. I thought that sounded weird.

Anyways hope everyone is having fun with it. Not sure if I am picking it up tomorrow yet, was kinda planning on it. Will see.

Also, who the hell showers like that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    As @Aeluron Lightsong suggested, I never said a review should be completely objective, which is impossible to do; I said it should be as objective as possible. Of course in certain cases, like reviewing a movie/book and in this case a video game, how the narrative made you feel and that sort of thing SHOULD be part of your review. But if your review only contains your personal feelings about an item or piece of entertainment, and doesn't have a focus on technical merits, direction, mechanics, etc then you are doing a disservice to your followers.
    This is still wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure buddy have fun with those boosted stats you'll replace at the next loot source
    I just found a epic inhaler that can be disassembled for parts. So crafting isn't that bad and can provide gear equal to what you can find as drops. It matters about your play style and the perks and stuff you choose. You don't get nice stuff from every source of loot you find. It is a viable path unlock what you want to claim. The other crafting perks that add more mats or mats equal to item quality make it even easier to craft or upgrade gear. Because don't forget you can upgrade your drops as well. I also already have epic and legendary quick hack mats.

It isn't as useless or oneside as you, edge, and the reviewer wants you to believe.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-12-10 at 04:29 AM.

Is it me or does the game not recognize rebound keys? I changed the key for phone calls to F1 but the game doesn't respond when I press F1. I still have to press the default T or whatever.

The keybinding options are annoying.

I also dislike that the menu commands are not consistent. Sometimes I have to press ESC, others times E, maybe TAB for something else. Why? That's really, really poor design. My husband designs GUIs for a living- this is an offense.

Think im gonna stop where I am and wait for my ps5. Running it on the ps4 pro its just constantly jumpy with texture pop up everywhere and half the time when I melee it looks delayed.

This needed another 3 months in the oven.

With my RTX 2060 and all settings on High with Ray Tracing on I get about 30-45 fps, but it's pretty smooth so I don't really mind.

Am i blind, iv read you can change firemodes on guns but i cant for the life of me figure out how.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't think short games equate good. That seems silly, they could of obviously made the game longer but I understand them wanting people to finish the story. I just don't think having a long game is bad. They clearly know how to add good side stuff.
    A small % only finished the Witcher III. Folks on this forum, including myself, probably played it through several times -- but they reduced the MAIN storyline simply due to the fact that the main storyline was too long for folks to stick with it. Albeit, it was still the game of the year 100s of times over.

Also, I'm gonna say it. While the vast majority of players are likely to be males, and its awesome you can customize your package The difference in genital options and chest options is not as progressive as CDPR probably thought it was.

Its almost at the borderline of offensive/bad taste.

If you are gonna do it, fucking do it. Don't chicken out and leave a weird disparity or half measure in how genitalia is handled in media- it just comes off as a kind of fetishization otherwise.