10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    ^ That entire ordeal just goes to show how ignorant some people are. "Negru" is Romanian for "black" or "dark". Multiple languages have some variation of the term. Getting upset about it is idiotic.
    Even so, pointing someone out as "the black guy" isn't really on board with the message of respect and tolerance.

Too little too late for United tonight, that third goal conceded was pathetic beyond words.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ That entire ordeal just goes to show how ignorant some people are. "Negru" is Romanian for "black" or "dark". Multiple languages have some variation of the term. Getting upset about it is idiotic.
    So you’re right and the two full squads and all their supporting staff right there hearing it are wrong.

Yes. Lots of languages use that or some derivative. And it lots of them it’s still fucking racist.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Even so, pointing someone out as "the black guy" isn't really on board with the message of respect and tolerance.
    It really depends on the context. Eg, if I'm referencing a white or asian player on an otherwise all-black basketball team and I don't know his name, I'm going to say, "the white guy" or "the asian guy". There's nothing inherently wrong with using race as a descriptor unless the context is derogatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    So you’re right and the two full squads and all their supporting staff right there hearing it are wrong.
    Stupidity is contagious. Just look at Twitter. Also, there's a bit of a crowd-mentality there. Even the "bad guy" official couldn't understand what was going on. So if one guy makes a claim of racism and that he's walking off the field, everyone else is basically obligated to follow suit lest they be associated with the alleged "racist".

Yes. Lots of languages use that or some derivative. And it lots of them it’s still fucking racist.
    "Racism" and "racist" are dictated by intent and context, not the term itself. Just because it's considered a slur in English does not make a slur in other languages. Otherwise, any English terms that describe "black" or "dark" should be banned because "muhracism".
    Last edited by Mistame; 2020-12-08 at 10:51 PM.

How can ManU destroy Leipzig 5:0 in the first game and then forget for 70 minutes how to play football in the second game?
    They even manage to lose a game when they get 2 goals gifted...
    The ref was near as bad as the one in the Gladbach - ACM game and that was a fucking robbery.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really depends on the context. Eg, if I'm referencing a white or asian player on an otherwise all-black basketball team and I don't know his name, I'm going to say, "the white guy" or "the asian guy". There's nothing inherently wrong with using race as a descriptor unless the context is derogatory.
    Massive difference between an armchair fan not knowing the name of a player, and a game official at the highest level, not knowing the name of the assistant head coach.

And even then, don't single someone out by their skin colour. It's not rocket science.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    How can ManU destroy Leipzig 5:0 in the first game and then forget for 70 minutes how to play football in the second game?
    They even manage to lose a game when they get 2 goals gifted...
    The ref was near as bad as the one in the Gladbach - ACM game and that was a fucking robbery.
    You've obviously not been around for the past few years (to say the least)...? Man Utd are extremely inconsistent, and frankly it was a wonder they were in the CL in the first place, definitely punching over their weight frankly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Massive difference between an armchair fan not knowing the name of a player, and a game official at the highest level, not knowing the name of the assistant head coach.

And even then, don't single someone out by their skin colour. It's not rocket science.
    Also, everyone speaking English and/or French to a very high level, during a massive push in training around it, being different from barely knowing a second language and trying to muddle through.

But then if he's going to use terms like "muhracism", then it's obvious where his stance is, it won't change and the discourse is pointless.

Stupidity is contagious. Just look at Twitter. Also, there's a bit of a crowd-mentality there. Even the "bad guy" official couldn't understand what was going on. So if one guy makes a claim of racism and that he's walking off the field, everyone else is basically obligated to follow suit lest they be associated with the alleged "racist".

"Racism" and "racist" are dictated by intent and context, not the term itself. Just because it's considered a slur in English does not make a slur in other languages. Otherwise, any English terms that describe "black" or "dark" should be banned because "muhracism".
    Not that you actually care and barely post in here apart from hot topics like this. But football constantly preaches anti racism.

So it should actually stand up to those principals otherwise why do they keep going on about it, if they will do nothing to actually combat racism.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Good morning to everyone whose club is still in the Champions League this morning

hey guys, romanian dude here. i've seen the news on what happend with the romanian referee last night. to be more precise he used the term ''negru'' which in romanian means black. its not a derogatory term even if it sounds pretty similar to the n word in english. since the brigade was all romanian i can understand that they used the romanian language while speaking to each other which i dont think its something other reff brigades dont use. i believe it was a bad choice of words not racism in this case. but what do i know about racism all over europe we are treated like scum and called gypsies even if true gypsies are a small minority in our country.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    hey guys, romanian dude here. i've seen the news on what happend with the romanian referee last night. to be more precise he used the term ''negru'' which in romanian means black. its not a derogatory term even if it sounds pretty similar to the n word in english. since the brigade was all romanian i can understand that they used the romanian language while speaking to each other which i dont think its something other reff brigades dont use. i believe it was a bad choice of words not racism in this case. but what do i know about racism all over europe we are treated like scum and called gypsies even if true gypsies are a small minority in our country.
    They were all speaking in English. They know the words, they've done the training.

Not that you should be too worried, even in the face of cameras, 30odd players and staff, UEFA will do fuck all about it and manage to cover it up for you.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2020-12-09 at 12:45 PM.

The fact it means black is kinda irrelevant though? I mean it's the fact he singled out a player on the bench as "the black one" that's the problem right?

I blame virus Paul pogba. Eve of the biggest game and he's got his fat agent talking mad shit. Can they both fuck off to whatever club wants to put up with thier bull shit

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    The fact it means black is kinda irrelevant though? I mean it's the fact he singled out a player on the bench as "the black one" that's the problem right?
    Not really, if he had said the 'white guy' in a basketball game, nobody would raise an eyebrow...

This is just some woke bs.

I'm just waiting for twitter to next accuse Montenegro of being a racist country.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    Eastern Europe didn't participate in colonialism n slavery like the west was, rather eastern europe was victim of those things. Eastern Europe shouldn't change their ways to indulge the guilt of other peoples for what happened long ago.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-12-10 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Friendly reminder arsenal fired staff and a mascot so they could give aubamyang a new mega contract to try match ozils in the most over paid useless player award
    Yes they sacked a mascot on probably 20 bags a year to cover the cost of Aubameyangs 300k a week contract.

Those maths classes at the mental detention center are going great buddy!
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Yes they sacked a mascot on probably 20 bags a year to cover the cost of Aubameyangs 300k a week contract.

Those maths classes at the mental detention center are going great buddy!
    Nice to see ya dirty. I'm glad brick laying doesn't take up all your time in between being a gooner. It's called priorities mate. Doesn't matter how much he's on. All that over priced arsenal merch could easily cover the costs without having to rely on the resident arsenal scape goat mesut ozil who actually did fork up the cash out of his own pocket. And your Ken doll manager still won't give him a crack when he's easily better than half your pathetic midfield

Forgot Bobby C is a Spurs fan now.
    He sure hates the Goons!

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Let's not forget that Cavani got white knighted at the speed of light while we have to keep condemning a ref, and while allegedly someone called the ref a gypsie which is worse imo. The ref used a term to describe someone, and that was lost in translation.

"Ban the ref for life!" they scream. But you hear nobody talk about that player cause it's 22 players on million dollar salaries vs. a single ref.

Now let's go watch a world cup put together with bribery, corruption and horrible working conditions.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2020-12-12 at 12:02 PM.

Champions:
    -Atalanta-Real Madrid

- Sevilha-Borussia Dortmund

- Barcelona-PSG

- FC Porto-Juventus

- RB Leipiz-Liverpool

- Atlético Madrid-Chelsea

-Lazio-Bayern Munique

-Borussia Monchengladbach Manchester City

Welp, going against Ronaldo and some ex-fcporto players. if the field isn't heavier on 1 side, who knows.

Europa League:
    Real Sociedad, Esp - Manchester United, Ing

Benfica, Por - Arsenal, Ing

Estrela Vermelha, Ser - AC Milan, Ita

Antuérpia, Bel - Rangers, Esc

Slavia Praga, Che - Leicester, Ing

Salzburgo, Aut - Villarreal, Esp

Sporting de Braga, Por - Roma, Ita

Krasnodar, Rus - Dínamo Zagreb, Cro

Young Boys, Sui - Bayer Leverkusen, Ale

Molde, Nor - Hoffenheim, Ale

Granada, Esp - Nápoles, Ita

Maccabi Telavive, Isr - Shakhtar Donetsk, Ucr

Lille, Fra - Ajax, Hol

Olympiacos, Gre - PSV Eindhoven, Hol

Wolfsberger, Aut - Tottenham, Ing

Dínamo Kiev, Ucr - Club Brugge, Bel
    Last edited by WarBringerPT; 2020-12-14 at 06:14 PM.

Forgot to write Wolfsburg vs Spurs on that list, confused me.