Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Exactly my point
    And yet I had several explanations and facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why wouldn't the sister of the Winter Queen be the Summer Queen?

Its probably a character we haven't seen yet or its Elune in Lifelands or whatever its called.

I still think it's the Summer Queen.

"Ardenweald can be compared to the Emerald Dream, but where the Dream represents the spring and summer of the cycle of life, Ardenweald reflects autumn and winter."

Ardenweald is based on Irish mythology.

Mists of Tirna Scithe takes its name from Tír na nÓg.

The Winter Queen is based on Beira, Queen of Winter (Cailleach). She has a counterpart - Aíne, goddess of summer.

She doesn't have to be someone we already know, like how the Winter Queen is a new character.
    As someone that watched every episode of Mystic knights of tir na nog with my action figures in hand, I am well versed in Irish mythology, Thank you
    #notreally

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Why wouldn't the sister of the Winter Queen be the Summer Queen?

Its probably a character we haven't seen yet or its Elune in Lifelands or whatever its called.
    “My sisters pet” - were pretty sure we know who Ysera is in leagues with. Would be pretty random to throw in another goddess she’s intertwined with... but hey it could happen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    “My sisters pet” - were pretty sure we know who Ysera is in leagues with. Would be pretty random to throw in another goddess she’s intertwined with... but hey it could happen
    Honestly it could mean anyone.

Eonar made Ysera but Elune seems to like her and protectd her in some way but due to her emerald dream connection there could be someone completely different that Ysera really belongs too.

But with this story I doubt any of this matters. I have lived through so many retcons that I don't put any weight to what characters say anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    And yet I had several explanations and facts.
    Which are....?

As someone that watched every episode of Mystic knights of tir na nog with my action figures in hand, I am well versed in Irish mythology, Thank you
    #notreally
    Did i point the quote to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    How did you get to this?

I mean the links to either elune or eonar are pretty strong. Nothing realy indicates to a new being when Ysera is directly linked to those 2.
    I'm still wondering how people say it's Elune as pretty much we now know those tendrils were probably kyrian taking her away. The say she was sleeping in the seed so that would explain her being in the EN raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Honestly it could mean anyone.

Eonar made Ysera but Elune seems to like her and protectd her in some way but due to her emerald dream connection there could be someone completely different that Ysera really belongs too.

But with this story I doubt any of this matters. I have lived through so many retcons that I don't put any weight to what characters say anymore.
    TECHNICALLY Eonar did not unless they retconned it again, but then again Blizzard doesn't know their own lore. Last I read, the titans never met the aspects.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Ah, I see—thanks!
    It's also a standard title from various fae myths and legends found in other fantasy universes.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    I'm still wondering how people say it's Elune as pretty much we now know those tendrils were probably kyrian taking her away. The say she was sleeping in the seed so that would explain her being in the EN raid.

- - - Updated - - -

TECHNICALLY Eonar did not unless they retconned it again, but then again Blizzard doesn't know their own lore. Last I read, the titans never met the aspects.
    Eonar gave Ysera her powers and gave her guidance.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post

- - - Updated - - -

The titans empowered the five dragons, each with specific powers, to lead the dragonflights and watch over Azeroth and its evolution.[9]

"Aman'Thul, the Highfather of the Pantheon, charged the bronze dragon Nozdormu with guarding over time itself and police the ever-spinning pathways of fate and destiny. Eonar, the Titan patron of all life, blessed both the red dragon Alexstrasza and her younger sister, the green dragon Ysera, so they would safeguard all living creatures and watch over the growing wilds of the world, respectively. Norgannon, the Titan lore keeper and master magician, made the blue dragon Malygos the guardian of magic and hidden arcanum. Khaz'goroth, the Titan shaper and forger of the world, gave the black dragon Neltharion dominion over the earth and the deep places of the world." That's always been the lore.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    We do not know OP but we'll be exploring these conundrums in the expansion. For all we know the eternal ones of the shadowlands might be another pantheon of titans on another plane or realm of existence.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The titans empowered the five dragons, each with specific powers, to lead the dragonflights and watch over Azeroth and its evolution.[9]

"Aman'Thul, the Highfather of the Pantheon, charged the bronze dragon Nozdormu with guarding over time itself and police the ever-spinning pathways of fate and destiny. Eonar, the Titan patron of all life, blessed both the red dragon Alexstrasza and her younger sister, the green dragon Ysera, so they would safeguard all living creatures and watch over the growing wilds of the world, respectively. Norgannon, the Titan lore keeper and master magician, made the blue dragon Malygos the guardian of magic and hidden arcanum. Khaz'goroth, the Titan shaper and forger of the world, gave the black dragon Neltharion dominion over the earth and the deep places of the world." That's always been the lore.
    I don't understand why some people are still talking this nonsense about the Keepers giving the Aspects their powers.
    From the very beginning, it was said that they were the Titans.
    Warcraft III said they were the Titans.
    In the War of the Ancients, it was said that the Titans gave the dragons power.
    In the Twilight of the Aspects, Thrall hears the voices of the titans who instruct the Aspects.
    In the Dawn of the Aspects, it is stated several times that these were the Titans and that the Keepers were used to transmit this power.
    The Chronicle says that the Keepers called on the Titans to give the Titans power to the Aspects.

I don't understand how bad it is to be able to read to think that the Aspects did not receive their power from the Titans.

Which are....?

Did i point the quote to you?
    That Ardenweld is the only Covnenant that has natural creatures that actively interfere with its very nature. That the winter queen isn't this stoic monolith that you said wouldn't go along with Lady Moonberry's games when she has many fairies in her court in high positions of power and even attends and compliments the silly plays they put on. That people can and do say my ______ if front of _______.

What fact have you had against it? Literally everything you keep saying is wrong. Like thinking the Drust were naturally part of Ardenweld and that Gorgons were a replacement for werewolves.

And I have even said multiple times that I don't think its the real sister and have already mentioned earlier who I thought it was so I'm not sure why you have to continually be snide and continue to press this.

That Ardenweld is the only Covnenant that has natural creatures that actively interfere with its very nature. That the winter queen isn't this stoic monolith that you said wouldn't go along with Lady Moonberry's games when she has many fairies in her court in high positions of power and even attends and compliments the silly plays they put on. That people can and do say my ______ if front of _______.

What fact have you had against it? Literally everything you keep saying is wrong. Like thinking the Drust were naturally part of Ardenweld and that Gorgons were a replacement for werewolves.

And I have even said multiple times that I don't think its the real sister and have already mentioned earlier who I thought it was so I'm not sure why you have to continually be snide and continue to press this.
    Because you have to back it up with lore. not your 2 cents of a psychological/sociological analysis of the interaction between the two.

People have suggested Elune or Eonar because of their lore connections, not because the colors of the magic, or the gnarling roots, resemble those of the aforementioned characters.

People have suggested Elune or Eonar because of their lore connections, not because the colors of the magic, or the gnarling roots, resemble those of the aforementioned characters.
    No, people have suggested them because of their own headcanon about their lore positions. About Elune, we simply don't know enough for any concrete statements. Eonar doesn't fit based on our knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, people have suggested them because of their own headcanon about their lore positions. About Elune, we simply don't know enough for any concrete statements. Eonar doesn't fit based on our knowledge.
    What knowledge? Why isn't Eonar doesn't fit?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    "Eonar the titan blessed Alexstrasza's younger sister, the lithe green dragon Ysera, with a portion of nature's influence. Ysera fell into an eternal trance, bound to the waking Dream of Creation. Known as the Dreamer, she would watch over the growing wilds of the world from her verdant realm, the Emerald Dream". https://wow.gamepedia.com/Charge_of_the_Dragonflights

"Upon her death, Elune reached down and cleansed Ysera's spirit and body as well as the Tears of Elune. Ysera's spirit was seen lifted and disappeared in a dragon-shaped constellation, leaving the outline of her body in new plant growth". https://wow.gamepedia.com/The_Fate_of_Val%27sharah

I, myself, think it's a Summer Queen but, at least, they don't pull these theories out of their asses.

Because you have to back it up with lore. not your 2 cents of a psychological/sociological analysis of the interaction between the two.

Just because someone comes up with a theory you don't like doesn't mean they are pulling it out of their asses. Which is funny that you would shit on others and think its a summer queen where there is literally no lore or facts that would lead to that conclusion. And what if there was a summer queen and it turned out to be Lady Moonberry? Summer is typically related to fun and youth. And she is the most powerful being we have met in Ardenweld that matches that description.

The lore of the zone states that fairies pull pranks and enjoy games and tricks. The lore of the zone has you doing shit for Lady Moonberry the entire time. The lore of the zone has her giving you the ability to bomb the fuck out of hundreds of drust with ease. If average joe fairies can do that why would they need help with anything?

Plot twist: Her sister is actually Lady Moonberry the fairy who had us follow along and play her games the entire storyline. Ysera was from one of the groves in Lady Moonberry's territory making her one of hers and she called Ysera her pet because she was the main focal point of her game she was playing with us.

Now you may be asking why the Winter Queen would say "my sister" directly to her sister. Thats quite simple she was playing along with her while also telling her that she should use her own powers to fix her own play things but in the end she acquiesces and plays the role her sister wants her to in her little game.
    Lady Moonberry isn't an eternal one or even the same race

- - - Updated - - -

#notreally

- - - Updated - - -

A god has a sister who's not a god? Highly unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    Lady Moonberry isn't an eternal one or even the same race

- - - Updated - - -

A god has a sister who's not a god? Highly unlikely.
    We don't know that. Plus none of the eternal ones look alike and yet are called brothers/sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    I think the Firsts created all the Pantheons and they consider each other brothers and sisters. Eonar and the Winter Queen are especially close, as they are both associated with Life. We also know that The Primus himself used his time to hone his tactical and strategic skills beyond mortal constraints. It is said that he once sought out an unknown ally who could show him the infinite timeways and allow him to observe the same battle over and over again and see how slight differences in strategy and troop deployment could change the outcome of a conflict. After eons of such study, the Primus could instantly assess any situation and devise the likeliest path to victory. I think the Primate's ally is Aman'tul. The Wild Hunt also sells Memory of Eonar. Also note that the Winter Queen has nothing against the Night Elves, Tyrande, or those night warriors in animal form, but she is clearly unhappy to see Ysera. So her sister is clearly Eonar, not Elune.
    This is my assumption on things, tbh. I also assume the Firsts are like the ultimate Gods of WoW. Though, who knows. Maybe someone is above the Firsts? Idfk