Poll: How do you feel about Torghast

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    A layer is always 6 floors, except in Twisting Corridors where it's 18. Having to unlock layers is extremely annoying and a waste of time. Just let me pick the floor that fits my gear/patience level and go. Having to do floors 4 and 5 this week when they effectively give you 0 rewards sucks, especially having to do it on multiple characters.
    So the most floors of higher layers is 18? I remember I watched some streamers playing floor 60 or 70 something.

So that is totally scrapped and no longer possible on live?

Making it shorter(fewer floors) doesn't make it good, it just means you spend less time in a bad version.
    Eh if it were 3 floors then it would at least make sense to have two floors of trash and then one interesting boss fight. As it stands we get 4 floors of trash and then one (sometimes) interesting boss fight. I think Torghast is just fundamentally garbage no matter what they do, so making it shorter is the only possible improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    So the most floors of higher layers is 18? I remember I watched some streamers playing floor 60 or 70 something.

So that is totally scrapped and no longer possible on live?
    Correct, they got rid of super high floor numbers and split it into layers instead.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    i assume at some point the buffs had more variety and were more entertaining, and that at some point 50% of my choices didn't boil down to "Reduces soulshape cooldown by 25%" and "when you soulshape things around you are slowed"

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Eh if it were 3 floors then it would at least make sense to have two floors of trash and then one interesting boss fight. As it stands we get 4 floors of trash and then one (sometimes) interesting boss fight. I think Torghast is just fundamentally garbage no matter what they do, so making it shorter is the only possible improvement.
    Well, they could make more powers that give both damage and sustain, because you can't realistically pick pure sustain powers over damage ones, because of the ramping buff on elites/bosses. They could also make more interesting powers to replace the many lame white/green ones, and make sure all powers fit into the "go fast" playstyle they clearly want you to go for(again, because of the ramping damage buff). Give a guaranteed amount of damage powers so you don't end up with a bunch of Polymorph, Mind Control and Psychic Scream stuff which do nothing against the boss and very little in actual combat with mobs.
    Honestly, just ramp up the power level of the powers in general. Roguelikes are all about going from being weak to start out with and then finding strong powers that let you do crazy things. Give us powers that allow pulling entire rooms or floors at once towards the end.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

As the poll shows, different people have different tastes. There is no objective good or bad, just what any given person does or does not enjoy. It just happens that your tastes vary from most streamers and whatnot. That's fine.

Blizzard always fails when they try out new stuff and you know it. Expeditions didnt have any rewards either until people complained and they added some. Now here we are again with this super time consuming crap which gives you a whole lot of nothing in particular

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    i assume at some point the buffs had more variety and were more entertaining, and that at some point 50% of my choices didn't boil down to "Reduces soulshape cooldown by 25%" and "when you soulshape things around you are slowed"
    There not being a system to protect against that kind of thing is really dumb, honestly. There should be some guarantee in terms of damage powers(you know, the ones that let you actually complete the run), and the first powers you pick should only be able to offer damage powers, especially seeing as the options are locked in for the whole week for that wing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Blizzard always fails when they try out new stuff and you know it. Expeditions didnt have any rewards either until people complained and they added some. Now here we are again with this super time consuming crap which gives you a whole lot of nothing in particular
    In its current state I'd rather have it give fewer (player power) rewards so I could just not do it. But unfortunately with it being the only source of Soul Ash and there not being any catchup, I'll have to keep doing 2 per character every week(+ 2 extra this week and 1 extra next week to unlock layers).
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

There not being a system to protect against that kind of thing is really dumb, honestly. There should be some guarantee in terms of damage powers(you know, the ones that let you actually complete the run), and the first powers you pick should only be able to offer damage powers, especially seeing as the options are locked in for the whole week for that wing.

- - - Updated - - -

In its current state I'd rather have it give fewer (player power) rewards so I could just not do it. But unfortunately with it being the only source of Soul Ash and there not being any catchup, I'll have to keep doing 2 per character every week(+ 2 extra this week and 1 extra next week to unlock layers).
    Sadly the amount of ash you get is so low that it could be debated if its worth it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Sadly the amount of ash you get is so low that it could be debated if its worth it or not.
    It's the only source and legendaries are very important, so there really isn't any debate for me. I just have to do it even though I hate it(which is unfortunate because I was hopeful that they'd make it fun)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

In the streamers defense they also made videos saying how terrible it became with changes. So really it went from the following:

In Alpha: Its amazing

In Beta, its terrible now

Close to launch and live: better than Beta but not as good as alpha.

Personally its boring to me. Its better than Islands Expeditions were but that was a pretty low bar on its own but even still i am not sure that i like it more than Island Expeditions because of the content or because my class/spec feels better in Shadowlands than it did in BFA.

It's the only source and legendaries are very important, so there really isn't any debate for me. I just have to do it even though I hate it(which is unfortunate because I was hopeful that they'd make it fun)
    I will never do it if it doesn't give soul ash. And I will definitely NOT do it on all my chars on weekly basis.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    I will never do it if it doesn't give soul ash. And I will definitely NOT do it on all my chars on weekly basis.
    Pretty much same. I specifically levelled another 2 characters so I could stay on top of Soul Ash on those as well in case I want to play them more seriously later on, but I'm probably dropping them again, because I'm not sure I can be bothered doing all of it even on all of my initial 4 characters.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

it's almost like some aspects of the game are more fun when your literally paid to play it!
    that being said, Torghast is A LOT more fun on my DH as tank thank DPS - i mean, its night and day - id give tanking Torghast with the abilities you get inside a solid 8/10 - and DPS with dog shit abilities inside unable to kill the last boss after wasting ~45minutes to get there a hard 0.5/10
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm wondering what's fun about it as well. All I get is soul ash. That's nice and all, but why no other rewards? I enjoyed island expeditions more than this. Once I did get a legendary thing that was actually useful.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by james2400 View Post
    Whenever Preach says something positive his word is taken like a gospel however when he says something negative its "whos that" " just another dumb toxic streamer"
    Welcome to MMO champion.

It's a bit of a slog. Will proabably go faster with gear, but now it takes me about 40-50 mins to do a layer. I suppose we're not supposed to do all 4 layers on reset day, because i did that and I was so sick and tired of it by the end (did the new 4-6 and the other 6 layer).
    Otherwise the concept is OK, just don't get why blizz feels the need to nerf abilities and buff bosses, can we not just have something fun and OP once in a while? That's the whole point, you sometimes get lucky and oneshot stuff and make odd amazing builds. Not slogging through it with small buffs.
    Also note I feel like I am one of the lucky ones - I play a prot paladin so most of my abilities in there are cool.

Torghast feels like they ripped the idea from FFXIV's heaven on high and palace of the dead and turned it into endgame content instead of what ff does and uses it as a way to speed lvl alts. Its alright the first few times but then gets boring asf, and turns into your basic grind. Well crafted dungeons and raids are fun, a tier set to work twards would have been great, but an RNG generated endless dungeon? Thats just lazy.

Making it shorter(fewer floors) doesn't make it good, it just means you spend less time in a bad version.
    Depends. Something can be good in a small quantity and become really annoying otherwise. For example, I recall the kill enemies in Hrydshal or whatever (in Legion) quest, on the back of a dragon. At the start, you had to kill 200 or something mobs and it was taking so long it was really unfun, especially since others were competing for the same mobs. Then they changed it to 50 mobs and all of a sudden it was a quest I was really looking forward to.
    Time is a big factor to fun. If something is tedious, it will never be fun, even if the concept is fun.

It would be nice if there were some type of reward other than just soul ash, even the mobs being able to drop standard loot like any other mob in the world (gold/random items).