Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryonas View Post
    Oh no, how ghastly: the people who put time and effort into playing the REAL game (i.e., raiders) might have been able to gear up 0.00000000436% faster than those who waste time on PvP garbage and toxic mythic dungeons. THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    this dude has no point, no clue and no chill

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So basically rush to fix things that are actually a positive for players? lol.

The only content that has felt rewarding at all so far has been raiding. M+ feels like an absolute dumpster fire with the loot changes of SL. Now they're going to ruin raid loot too? Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    Sure they will. If they are too picky they wont' get to run their dungeon. Simple as that. People are only picky because they can get away with it and succeed. When there simply aren't enough then they'll need to lower their standards or not do the Mythic+.
    Aha. And being passed for the most basic stuff for xxxx amount of times brings so much joy and positivity. They should bring about final fantasy xiv's system asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
    Isnt that just specific to this week regarding the M+ ilvl cap? If you complete a M+ 7+ you get the same ilvl you do from a normal raid this week?
    Normal raid yes, but not heroic; and even next week with the increase, M+ end-of-dungeon loot will be lower ilvl than heroic raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Aha. And being passed for the most basic stuff for xxxx amount of times brings so much joy and positivity. They should bring about final fantasy xiv's system asap.
    If the only rewarding thing in the game is raiding, then no one will bother doing anything else to get gear in the game. This would be a big problem to the rest of the content in the game. Blizzard even said this in the blue post.

Quote Originally Posted by Felkor View Post
    From the blue post : "Neither the bug nor the fix will affect Conduits and Legendary Memories, as their drop chances are determined separately."
    Gee, that's what I get for assuming things. Me making a mistake also proves my point, people shouldn't assume that 2 extra items per boss will make people unsub cause they are fully geared.

Crazy, isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post

The only content that has felt rewarding at all so far has been raiding. M+ feels like an absolute dumpster fire with the loot changes of SL. Now they're going to ruin raid loot too? Yikes.
    Ruin? They're simply correcting it to what we were already told it was going to be. And just because it is something you like doesn't mean it's actually something positive for players.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
    Their math logic doesn't even add up.

Group of 20 players doing M+ even failing keys would net at minimum 4 pieces of loot and that number would drastically increase if the teams are passing keys up to 8-10 more than likely. So even a scenario of half the keys failing average loot for 20 players running a single m+ dungeon each would be at least 4-6.

So why is the average for a 20 person raid 3? I dont care about the change mind you, but mathematically it doesnt add up which is what they are trying to claim is their primary reason. I have no idea of PVP awards vs Effort or how they even track that but, comparing M+ something doesnt add up.
    Should also take into account the time factor of running a full M+ vs killing one raid boss for the maths.
    If you kill two raid bosses on average in the time it would take you to clear a M+ then you would be getting about equal loot with the above numbers.
    Either way, its going to depends on your group(s) for one way or the other to more optimal in any situation.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Wouldn't want people getting 5 pieces of loot per boss, that's just too much loot. At least BFA threw gear at you, but this is like they thought "If there's no WF/TF, then gear isn't meaningful if it isn't dropping less, too!" Which makes no sense, it just makes people feel super unrewarded for their efforts.
    blizz already said they wanted less loot to drop. why is it a surprise that BFA-amounts of raid loot was dropping then blizz saying "this is a bug, it will be correctly nerfed next week"?

i'd rather have less loot drop than raining look from the sky and hope for wf/tf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    And why should they be fully done gearing in 5-6 weeks?
    The point wasn't should be, the point was they wouldn't be at that time. If they earned 300 pieces of loot at 50 pieces a loot for six weeks they wouldn't be fully done gearing due to duplicates, other difficulties upgrades, etc even with the vault being a thing. I was taking the lowest number of weeks to reach around 280 pieces looted and making the point they still wouldn't be done gearing, especially as duplicates would increase by week.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post

its not ruining its making it less abundant like how it used to be back in the day where loot meant something

I don't understand why Blizzard has to be so fucking smoothbrained about everything.

If your player are complaining that M+ isn't rewarding (and doing a hard dungeon for a 20% chance of one loot drop isn't rewarding), the solution isn't to fucking nerf raid drops.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzzave View Post
    I don't understand why Blizzard has to be so fucking smoothbrained about everything.

If your player are complaining that M+ isn't rewarding (and doing a hard dungeon for a 20% chance of one loot drop isn't rewarding), the solution isn't to fucking nerf raid drops.
    its 1 loot drop if you dont time, 2 if you do

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    Not getting loot for 4 weeks isn't fun either. Since you are assuming (or more like assuring) I'll be reaching max ilvl in a month, I can assume the exact contrary. I can also assume 70% of the loot will be conduits, which remind me the dark days of Legion raid drops and those thing for Artifact weapons.
    Is this the point where I tell you that conduits drop independently of other items (and so do legendary pstterns)?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryonas View Post
    Oh no, how ghastly: the people who put time and effort into playing the REAL game (i.e., raiders) might have been able to gear up 0.00000000436% faster than those who waste time on PvP garbage and toxic mythic dungeons. THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Any one who uses "REAL" to prescribe themselves some sort of superiority or authroity, are usually the worst type of participants or consumers.

The latter elements just seem like projection - terrified PvPer and usually the individual on a team.

3 pieces of loot in a 20man raid WHAT IS THIS BS!!!! 25 mans used to drop 5 pieces no?

even 5 item for 20 people is not enough lol

Not sure why they picked 3 items for 20 when 4 is so logical.

1 drop per 5.
    Scales simply from 10-30

If 10 man drops 2 and 20 man drops 3 you’re encouraged to split the raid in half and run two 10 mans which is dumb.

Its good they fix it to go back on the intended way of handling loot in SL. Absolutely love the fact that loot is hard to get. I am super exited when I get items now, and feel gear is more important than ever, which I think feels good.

Though, 2, 5, or 10 pieces of drops on each boss, I wouldn't get anything anyway

Let loot be loot.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Ruin? They're simply correcting it to what we were already told it was going to be. And just because it is something you like doesn't mean it's actually something positive for players.
    Spoilers: Rewarding content is positive for players.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    its not ruining its making it less abundant like how it used to be back in the day where loot meant something
    Shadowlands content doesn't feel rewarding at all. You don't feel good about any upgrades that you do get just because they're more scarce. The loot is boring and no upgrade actually feels meaningful. The only content so far that actually felt rewarding in any way was raiding and now it turns out that it's only because of a bug. lol.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest