Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Honestly I'm not even angry anymore that Cyberpunk 2077 turned out to be not what I expected. Just disappointed. Disappointed that the trend in gaming is making big AAA games with no identity. Give me a concentrated 5 hour experience with tight gameplay, not hundreds of hours of meandering about.
    Thought the issue you had was your character can have a penis, now it's the game is more then 5 hours? I mean if you don't want your opinion to be taken seriously, well, you accomplished that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    Yeah, I feel like I might end up with more hacking than I originally planned purely because it lets you deal with situations in a much cleaner way than simply shooting or melee. At least that's my impression so far, even though I haven't done too much combat yet because I like just going around exploring Night City.

A question about the events that pop up: if you get involved and shoot members of X Gang, let's say Tiger Claws, does anyone know if they hold a beef against you or do you simply build/destroy relations with the gangs via specific quests only?
    I killed a dozen Tiger Claws in total in random events, and going to their turf in Japantown didn't change anything, you don't interact with them but with NPCs associated with them, at least so far. I'm pretty sure gangs that shoot you on sight in problem areas, like Maelstrom and the Tiger Claws, are just random mooks that you can mow down at your leisure and nobody cares. Whereas others like the Moxes are friendly always.

And yeah, I'll second what others said, Smart Weapons are straight up overpowered lol. Think I'll only bust them out for the Cyberpsycho bosses that have ridiculously inflated health bars. Now fine, in this setting it's somewhat acceptable that a human could be a bullet sponge, but jeez, these maniacs can take 200 handgun rounds to the noggin and keep on truckin'.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Yo fyi this 2gb update is apparently broken on steam and will make you have to redownload the entire game so if you haven't downloaded it yet maybe dont.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    yo fyi this 2gb update is apparently broken on steam and will make you have to redownload the entire game so if you haven't downloaded it yet maybe dont.
    welp......
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Yo fyi this 2gb update is apparently broken on steam and will make you have to redownload the entire game so if you haven't downloaded it yet maybe dont.
    Like...

How is shit this bad, This is not their first game.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

And people wonder why Sony and MS make devs do certification for patches... Because devs like CDPR exist is why.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Like...

How is shit this bad, This is not their first game.
    Can you imagine if Fallout 76 hadn't come out last year to make this look far less buggy than it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Honestly I'm not even angry anymore that Cyberpunk 2077 turned out to be not what I expected. Just disappointed. Disappointed that the trend in gaming is making big AAA games with no identity. Give me a concentrated 5 hour experience with tight gameplay, not hundreds of hours of meandering about.
    I think that's how I feel about it too.

I picked Nomad, designed my guy and the first couple of hours before hitting the city was kinda fun. I didn't explore the little "town" you're at in the Nomad starting area, but kinda wish I had. Even the first mission with Jackie, right after the combat tutorial was really tight. And then you're thrown into the open world and it's all a little... over whelming?

I'd have prefered a much smaller, almost mission based game. A bigger focus on story. On dialogue options that matter. Like, right at the start, why must I partner up with Jackie? I know that's what the story wants, but that's not what I wanted, as the player of this RPG. I'm not expecting infinite branches, but I feel there could have been a way for us to part ways and still meet up after.

I think if they'd gone the Mass Effect 1/2 route of "here's a small area to explore, with well written and purposeful side missions, have at it", I'd be enjoying it more than the "here's one MASSIVE open world with MANY repeatable side-missions to pad it all out!"

Can you imagine if Fallout 76 hadn't come out last year to make this look far less buggy than it is?
    WAIT....

Fallout 76 was last year, Jesus fucken Christ this year has been a long 15 years.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Cops in this game are total garbage, you get a wanted level and 5-6 of them spawn directly behind you then thats it, there are no more cops till you drop your wanted level and get another wanted level.

You blow up cars driving down the road and they just continue driving even though the car is on fire and the driver is clearly dead

My god they've got so many issues to work out.

People buy single player RPGs before GOTY is out? Interesting.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

WAIT....

Fallout 76 was last year, Jesus fucken Christ this year has been a long 15 years.
    In every year there must be a Turbojank. Anthem, 76, Cyberpunk. Gotta meet that deadline and enough day one preorders and hype will cover the brand poisonings. For a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    WAIT....

No it was November 2018 not last year.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

In every year there must be a Turbojank. Anthem, 76, Cyberpunk. Gotta meet that deadline and enough day one preorders and hype will cover the brand poisonings. For a while.
    Ok I looked it up FO76 came out in 2018 lol. Even still you are correct and I guess Cyberpunk wanted to beat Marvel's Avengers for the jank lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No it was November 2018 not last year.
    Ya just looked lol.

Not sure what all the complaining is about. I'm having fun with the game and it looks and plays great.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Not sure what all the complaining is about. I'm having fun with the game and it looks and plays great.
    For starters this.

And I'm sure if you spent 2 seconds to look you could find out more reasons people are pissed.

For starters this
    I don't know, that's not really that bad. These guys are screaming bloody murder over a framerate that's perfectly playable, unless YouTube does something to dramatically smooth out frames and I just can't see it. I don't think I can even take him seriously when he says that he couldn't stop himself from running over pedestrians at the ungodly "20 fps." Yeah, it's obviously more visually pleasing to have more frames, but they're nowhere near an unplayable range.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Like many other games, some people are experiencing bugs or technical difficulties.

Virtually every game thread for a big anticipated title (go back through other "Megathreads") has posts like this:

"Game runs bad. Needed more dev time!"

"Welp, I ran into a hug and can't progress."

'Guess, I can't play due to [insert hardship]. But hope everyone else is enjoying."

*post video review*

*see video review* Replies, "Exactly!" / "I don't agree."

"WTH? I came here to see if this game was worth $60 and this is just a bunch of people arguing over [insert video review topic]!"

*someone posts news article about sales *

*sees news article about sales* "LOL what a mess!" / "Well, actually..."

"SOCIAL POLITICS!"

"SOCIAL POLITICS?"

"Game's not perfect but I enjoy it."

"Yea, well I am running X build and found Y items. So OP."

It is the same fucking thing in every one of these threads around big games.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2020-12-12 at 12:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Umm I've been having a good experience with the game but 20 FPS is very bad, thats not good performance and honestly I wouldn't be able to play like that, it would bug me too much. Point being if you are having bad performance hold off for a bit or anyone that hasn't bought yet.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2020-12-12 at 12:51 AM.

Warrior-Magi

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who is getting headaches from all the information overload? Way too much shit going on the screen at the same time.