Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo View Post
    5% buffs to fury/havoc/sin are on the low side, for sure, but will bring each of those specs pretty close to the "middle of the pack" band. I.e., if you look on wclogs or simcraft (which are similar but have some notable deltas), there's a little 'cliff' at the bottom of the middle-of-the-pack, where it drops notably. All three, with 5% buff, should be around that cliff. That will help keep those specs from getting benched, for most guilds.

I think 8-10% is probably a better number, but this is an easy buff they can drop in there without leading to DPS inflation or causing side effects in M+/PVP. More than 5% probably needs targeted changes more like they're doing with arms/unh. I'm sure that's cold comfort for folks playing those specs, but I'd guess that's the mindset.

Could also be that they're waiting to see another week of raiding, to see if familiarity helps. (It would be unreasonable to expect not just that specs are equal at full familiarity, but that they have similar performance vs. content-familiarization curves.)
    People don't realize / forget that they tune around a combination of actual performance and their internal numbers. For example, maybe Havoc is going to scale better with better conduits/gear/etc and will be closer to the middle than it looks like based on this buff.

Not saying that's actually the case. I think they also said they don't want to disrupt the general order/rankings inside of tiers, instead aiming to just reduce the delta between top and bottom.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Candens View Post
    It's staying the same in PVP, increasing 20% in PVE.
    Are you sure? Like:

Ms Deals 100 damage now
    After buff it does 120 dmg
    With 20% nerf in pvp it would be deal 96 dmg now.

No Frost Mage buffs? They're in the bottom 3 of DPS. What an actual joke. I should have waited to craft my legendary items.

10+ Year Old Account
    DK nerf but no priest or rogue... okay.

RIP unholy. completely dead spec

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Waiting for a big nerf to sub rogue
    And all the other OP classes will remain untouched, meanwhile Warriors get a pathetic tiny buff that won't do anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    Lazy, lazy, lazy.
    The modern Blizz
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by QueenKaze View Post
    Shamans being competitive better nerf so we suck
    Competitive is exactly what they aren't, right now. They're competing with no one, they're the clear HPS winner of all the healers. 4% nerf isn't nearly enough, either. There'll be more.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    People don't realize / forget that they tune around a combination of actual performance and their internal numbers. For example, maybe Havoc is going to scale better with better conduits/gear/etc and will be closer to the middle than it looks like based on this buff.
    Havoc is one of the worst scaling specs in the game since they removed the scaling it had with crit, and it's obvious after seeing how dependant they were on bfa borrowed powers and how trash they were during prepatch just after they lost all that borrowed crap, if the 5% isnt an insult idk what is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Probably because

1. The covenants are pretty well balanced for the most part, most classes have multiple choices, if not all
    2. They said they won't change covenant rankings between tiers
    That is true, how ever they said they would change outliers which had very good synergy with things they werent aware of. The necrolord shaman ability synergizes with conduits and legendaries like no other covenant does. Personally I see just a bunch of potential for overhealing with this so I am not choosing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebeast View Post
    They have killed my mage big time.....worst class balance in wow history atm. Devs are losers
    Fire and Arcane (10+ key) are totally op in M+. Dunno what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeghost View Post
    Fire and Arcane (10+ key) are totally op in M+. Dunno what you are talking about.
    While that is a nice consolation and only one aspect of the game, some people do like to raid. As it stands, Blizzard buffed every class that was near frost mage's performance and even some slightly above it. Boomkins are nearly as good in high keys, if not better, and are raid monsters while being able to enjoy the luxuries of self-healing and OP travel form for maw. Looks like I picked the wrong class!

Nerfing stuff like frost chipper is just sad. These shitty little OP abilities are what make rogue-likes fun, nerfing them into the ground until they are balanced just means that they are no longer fun and you might as well not even bother with them.

So it went from max health to current health and now from 20 to 5 .. of current health. GG, might as well remove it now or make it a once-per enemy procc, that way it would at least be less of a n00b trap.

So sub rogue is still nice and balanced in pvp? Mawkai xD

I guess i will main it then. Seems proper nerf proof so far.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazlol View Post
    5% for sin rogue. not sure if that is enough. the spec is so bad it feels broken xD
    ya but any little bit will help us. as i main a sin rogue, you can just feel how undertuned the spec is right now when you do dungeons in the spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    The "oops we don't know what we are doing" patch.