Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Dear Blizzard, when will you do something against these alliance warmode farm raids in the Maw? When will you remove their bonus kill quest? They only activate warmode for this item, not for serious open PvP.

Yeah they keep nerfing us in Torghast and buffing it, why. What is the point exactly? Is there a hidden leaderboard I'm not aware of? Some sort of balancing they need on it? Some gear upgrades we get if we do it more or faster? Can anyone find some sort of explanation as to why it would be an issue if we lucked out and had an OP anima power? Aside form the usual "to take longer and sub for longer" meme, please.

"Enemy health and damage increased on floors 2, 4, and 5." Why?
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2020-12-15 at 10:56 AM.

Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    Dear Blizzard, when will you do something against these alliance warmode farm raids in the Maw? When will you remove their bonus kill quest? They only activate warmode for this item, not for serious open PvP.
    There's an off switch to war mode.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Anyway, I've received enough abuse for one day in this thread, you had nothing useful to say - maybe you should have said nothing rather than abused people.

I'm out.
    I was pissed off with this convo because I was taking your side for the last 10 posts. But dude, you're just being malicious at this point. You cut off "to play anything other than X", which is what you said yourself, to "to play anything". You're playing victim by outright lying about a line you said yourself, to... what? Make the other person seem mean? You pretty much deserve the abuse, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Yeah they keep nerfing us in Torghast and buffing it, why. What is the point exactly? Is there a hidden leaderboard I'm not aware of? Some sort of balancing they need on it? Some gear upgrades we get if we do it more or faster? Can anyone find some sort of explanation as to why it would be an issue if we lucked out and had an OP anima power? Aside form the usual "to take longer and sub for longer" meme, please.

Fun detected! I suppose.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    [With regional restarts] Scratched Knife increases the damage of the first Shattering Throw on each floor by 4000% (was 10000%). No longer works against bosses.
    This one might be on me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gTMn3gLwuE

Sorry fellow warriors!

Always amazes me how SPs and Balance can be ridiculous for multi-target/aoe fights, but then also have some of the best ST damage in teh entire game. Most specs only get one or the other. Some get neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinaul View Post
    There's an off switch to war mode.
    Every time the same sh*t advice...

[...]Aside form the usual "to take longer and sub for longer" meme, please.[...]
    Is there something else being relevant aside from that?

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    I think you're missing the point, I suggest you re-read the post, and notice how they say they'll PTR legendary changes, and then proceed to ignore what they said within the span of a week.
    So it's not okay to nerf one single Legendary that is obviously over-performing? Yeah okay, cool. There's no reading comprehension required here, just easily incensed shitty WoW players who want to blame Blizzard for their inability to press buttons well.

Indeed, however as I play an Arcane Mage - and due to disability cannot play anything else (except for a balance druid I level for farming herbs) - that is the only spec I can play.
    call me an ass, or whatever, but that sounds like a you issue.
    don't get me wrong, i'm sorry for whatever your situation might be, but nobody is entitled to succeed, no matter whether you're just bad or disabled, whether the reasons are in your control or not. nobody. either you manage to deal with the requirements to finish it, or you don't and live without the rewards.
    just like in real life, there's things you simply can not get due to a lack of certain skills/abilities, otherwise everybody would be a music/movie star and have a phd of science.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    MM nerf should be much stronger. I dont want be forced to play MM if I want raid.
    Or they could buff other specs to be with the top performing.

ehh "Fun detected!"

anyway there is also one good change ... torghast it's harder = more $$ for boost

arcane mage 1 shot combo

before nerf:
    Arcane Blast dmg x200 (max hit on retail ~2.8mil - 8000% from invi and 4000% from Seeker’s Scroll) = (Runecloth Wrappings (aka invi x20) * Seeker’s Scroll (x10) - stacks are lost after use... to charge it up to maximum you need minimum ~4 floors)
    after nerf:
    Arcane Blast dmg x10 = (Runecloth Wrappings (aka invi x5) * Seeker’s Scroll (x2) - stacks are NOT lost after use... to charge it up to maximum you need minimum ~4 floors)

so blizzard tell me if my constans dmg sucks at torghast as arcane mage and you nerf "1 shot combo" without buffing constans dmg - only reason to bring arcane mage here is what? poly?
    Last edited by Nehem; 2020-12-15 at 12:38 PM.

I guess the point is to make runs more consistent and less RNG dependent. It definitely needs some balance because some powers are completely stupid (to the point that obtaining them or not can make or break a run) and others completely useless. For example, Blizzard nerfed the consumable that made you unable to get attacked for 30 seconds because it was basically an autowin if you could buy it, or the anima power that made your interrupt deal 10% of target's max health in damage. I personally want my character to get stronger GRADUALLYand put some effort in my runs, not to win only because I lucked out.

IIRC there's no hidden leaderboard and no gear upgrades, only legendary stuff related and companions. About the buff to enemy health and damage, I guess it's because characters are getting stronger and stronger, or because some classes have been buffed significantly in Torghast?
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-12-15 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    Every time the same sh*t advice...
    Every time the same sh*t complaint.

Welp, I'm glad I played Torghast while it was playable and fun. The two good Mage abilities are now nerfed into uselessness. Without the big burst at the beginning of the fight, some bosses will now be unkillable for me. Oh well. I was playing too much WoW since SL released, anyway.

Anyway, I've received enough abuse for one day in this thread, you had nothing useful to say - maybe you should have said nothing rather than abused people.

I'm out.
    Abuse? Gimmie a break, people are just telling you to play another spec. You are right though mages are not tanks, have you tried not tanking the boss and kiting?

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    lol in almost 20 years of wow it NEVER happened...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryonas View Post
    Welp, I'm glad I played Torghast while it was playable and fun. The two good Mage abilities are now nerfed into uselessness. Without the big burst at the beginning of the fight, some bosses will now be unkillable for me. Oh well. I was playing too much WoW since SL released, anyway.
    You know you can pop mirror images and invisible to reset the stacks in combat? Your class is still one of the best, can theoretically always kill the boss.

These rogue nerfs look like they were solid but then some 1400 rated kid came in from the forums and added their input. Cold Blood change makes sense (bugfix) and so does 8% Nightstalker and 30% blades and reducing Pelagos effect while increasing duration (apart from the fact I think it should be 100% duration to properly cancel it out.) But then nerfing covenant and conduit by 50% is extremely toxic. Added to the other ones I think just reducing covenant ability alone by 15 or 20% should've been enough without ruining the massive investment that is covenant choice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    well its usually easier to nerf a bit 3 overperforming specs than buff like ~20 ;P

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"